Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rudy Gay is going to The Association

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Rudy Gay is going to The Association

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2411206

Not surprising. I was going to post a list of who's declared so far, but the stupid ESPN Insider garbage won't let me do that.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Yeah, he's a lock to go in the top ten. Maybe not top five after a disappointing season. I would still take him over Adam Morrison & J.J. Reick.

MLB ERA
    He'll be very close to going top 5. Tyrus Thomas, LaMarcus Aldridge, Andrea Bargnani, and Brandon Roy are all going to definitely go ahead of him and as of late it seems he's fighting with a few guys for the 5th spot.

MLB ERA
    I think it is hard to say that Roy will definitely go over Gay, probably depends on the team.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It will be interesting if Roy has a good rookie season. Think of the number of puns we'll hear!

"Roy for ROY?", "That guy is ROY!"

MLB ERA
    For all the teams who have a decent shot at the top 5, drafting by need isn't going to be an issue; drafting by who sucks the least is the issue.

MLB ERA
    It's not a matter of need/who is better, it's whether they want to take a chance on Gay, who is arguably the most talented player in the draft, or the more solid, yet unspectacular Roy.

MLB ERA
    Oh, so you're looking at it as that, my bad.

Yeah, it pretty much is that, though I'm fairly certain Roy will be going ahead of Gay

MLB ERA
    also, Josh McRoberts is going to decide today whether or not to declare.

I'm banking on him declaring and then never fulfilling his potential because he came out too early.

MLB ERA
    McRoberts is pretty much a lock to come out. I'd be floored if he didn't.

I think Glen Davis is supposed to announce later today, but I can't see him coming out, and if he does he better not sign an agent.

MLB ERA
    After he got embarassed against UCLA, I was fairly certain Davis was staying, and I'm more so now, because the draft class has only gotten stronger, and Davis sure hasn't improved his stock.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, if he did declare and didn't sign an agent and showed up to a pre-draft camp the scouts would probably laugh in his face after seeing what kind of shape he is in. He's a great college player, would be one of the all time greats at LSU if he stayed all four, but if he wants to make serious money in the pros he should play football.

MLB ERA
    He just needs to lose about 80 pounds in his junior and senior year combined and he'll be able to make a ton of cash in the NBA.

But that's not happening, so he'll be a second round pick in the draft and then never contribute and just leave.

MLB ERA
    He was up to 340 (or there abouts, we never actually hear his real weight) during his freshman season, he supposedly trimmed like 30 pounds before this season. Not sure if I buy it though, when I was at LSU before Katrina I used to see him in the cafeteria mowing on a plate full of cookies.

But with his size and strength, and that kind of quickness he could make a ton of cash as a LT in the NFL.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, they say he's down to about 310, but I dunno... I'm a large guy, I can judge weight pretty accurately, and no way he's below 325.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast