Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    Texans of course will draft Reggie Bush
    I rather them draft big man Ferguson though.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    I rather them draft big man Ferguson though.
    If only Rak knew who Ferguson is though.

MLB ERA
    Well, the consensus is the Colts will draft Maroney, but the consensus has never really pegged what the Colts are going to do in the draft very well. I'm looking for the Colts to draft Joseph Addai with the 30th pick. From what I saw of him, he has all the tools the Colts would want from a RB, and the Colts scouting staff has been watching him closely, from the combine to a recent visit to Indianapolis. One of these two should be the pick for the Colts at 30 though.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Addai is a much better fit for the Colts offense than Maroney. Maroney has the receiving skills of my sister.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    Addai is a much better fit for the Colts offense than Maroney. Maroney has the receiving skills of my sister.
    That's what I've been saying since November.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    If only Rak knew who Ferguson is though.
    Well for any of you who don't know Ferguson, here's a nice profile of him.

Yes, I like this site, and feel it's credible.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...wferguson.html

Perfect fit for Kube's system.

MLB ERA
    I'd be SHOCKED if they took D'Brickashaw. They ONLY way I could see it happening is if they somehow worked out a deal with the Saints, and the Saints then traded down. In other words, it's not going to happen.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Casserly will draft Bush because his stay with the Texans depends on it and he won't want to be remembered as the guy who passed on the so-called next Barry Sanders. Plus if he picks D'Brick 1st overall, D'Brick will be booed mercilessly by Texans fans ala Donovan McNabb in 1999.

You'd be shocked? Whys that? Please don't tell me you're buying into the smoke screens of the Bush/Young hype.

Seriously, I hope they do trade down, but the possibilities of that happening seem slim. Why would Saints move up? To get D'Brick (The only reason I see Texans trading down), and why would Titans move up when they can sit pretty at 3 and take Leinart or Young. (Yah, their front office wants Young, and the coaches want Leinart. Going to be interesting to see who wins). Why would Jets move up, only to get Bush? But really, they can take a risk, sit at four, and watch the Texans take D'Brick, and then watch Bush fall to 4.

Seriously, anything can happen. I expect the unexpected. I'm rarely shocked draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Casserly will draft Bush because his stay with the Texans depends on it and he won't want to remembered as the guy who passed on the next Barry Sanders. Plus if he picks D'Brick 1st overall, D'Brick will be booed mercilessly by Texans fans ala Donovan McNabb in 1999.
    Actually through the grapevine, there have been echos of Casserly leaving after draft to take a job with the NFL. Art Shell's old job. Heck, Casserly is selling his house near Houston. Plus, Casserly, wasn't too pleased when he was slapped in the face by McNair when he brought in Reeves. Plus, there's been speculation that Falcons old GM (Who worked with Reeves), Hill?, is going to be the Texans new GM. Casserly is basically a consultant.

Anyways, Texan fans are going to boo if they take Bush. Most dumbass so called Texan fans, want to see homeboy Vince Young be taken.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Until Casserly is indeed packing his bags and Reeves is packing enough Zocor for the ride, it's still speculation.

The Texans fans want Bush. They were holding up signs that showed that as the Texans were inching closely to clinching the No. 1 overall.

Really it comes down to what the front office wants to do though, that's why we're just fans, not paid front office guys. Real fans will follow the team no matter what player they draft. In the end, Ferguson would be the smartest pick. Even with Flanagan, and possibly T. Reyes from Carolina being signed, we still need help on the outside. Ferguson would be a great 1st rounder. Bush would add a certain weapon to our team, but really, is he truly needed? No. If we do draft him, sure, I'll be happy. If we don't? I'll be happy with whoever we get.

Of course Casserly leaving is pure speculation, but don't be surprised to see him leave. He seems to be more of a puppet for the coaches anyway, somebody who just isn't needed.

MLB ERA
    Well, the friggin Chargers don't believe in drafting o-lineman on the first day so I don't know who the F*** we're gonna take. The value at pick #19 sucks.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Well, the friggin Chargers don't believe in drafting o-lineman on the first day so I don't know who the F*** we're gonna take. The value at pick #19 sucks.
    If I had to guess, I'd say Santonio Holmes, Donte Whitner, or Jason Allen.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    If I had to guess, I'd say Santonio Holmes, Donte Whitner, or Jason Allen.
    Allen will have gone a pick earlier. Cowboys will end up taking him.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast