Thread: Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #19 - Fishercat (waruv)

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #19 - Fishercat (waruv)

Fishercat, your Hot Seat Questions have been asked here. You have a few days to answer them in this thread and proceed to pick the next Hot Seat Victim. Thank you.

Ghettochild

will moving curt to the pen help at all?
    -For the sake of Curt Schilling, certainly. I'm not convinced that he can control his velocity enough to be anything better than an average pitcher. No pitcher can be successful if they cannot control the velocity of their fastball. It's one thing to throw a 92 and 88 MPH fastballs, another if you don't know. Give him 20 pitches a game where he can let it rip and get set. Considering he has been great since that disasterous first game, I think it will help him get into SP form where he is most helpful. As for the team, at best he is a shot in the arm for the bullpen temporarily. Ideally, Wade Miller could get used to being a Scott Williamson type of reliever for the Sox. A healthy Timlin-Miller-Foulke would be superb.

see any big moves for the bosox in the future?
    Theo will surprise me, but I don't see a whole lot he can do. The market for relief pitching is too expensive to be worth it outside of some middling pitchers. Theo may pick up some bits and pieces, but I don't expect to see another Nomar for Cabrera/Mientkiewicz anytime soon.

Bondsgrrrl.
    Do you like peas?
    Um. No. In second grade, one of the teachers forced me to eat peas, and on the second spoonful, I let up a massive load of barf on the table. That'll teach her.

Who is your all time favorite player?
    Matthew. Wade. Stairs. Game over.

Saber (A)
    If I were a tree, what kind of tree would I be?
    Evergreen Tree. You know, the ones people only pay attention to when they need the help and who have those annoying needles that don't hurt, but are a pain. They also throw you out right around New Year's, much like the local bars.

Providence A's
    If a MLB team ever moved to NH and was in the AL east, would abandon the sox for the new local team?
    Now that's a toughie. I'm going to say no at this point. A minor league team is one thing where I don't have allegiances, but I don't think I could leave the Red Sox unless they did something heinous.

Do you remember seeing Roger Clemens getting tossed out in the ALCS against the A's...1990 I think?
    I was three years old, so no. I do have plenty of Clemens moments, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit. Did he pull his groin as well?

Do you consider yourself a Red Sox homer?
    Somewhat. I certainly have a bias towards my team's players if only because I pay more attention to them. I don't think I'm extremely biased, but I do have my many moments

General
    Why'd you change your username?
    I changed it because it makes more sense and I was in a Fishercat mood on the day of signup. It's simpler too.

If you could be anyone on this board (except for me, of course), who would you be?
    I'd be...hmmm...Saber. Eh, why not, he's intelligent, a pimp, and he pisses people off. What's not to like? I would say Mission simply to be able to fix the sim league, but his girlfriend is a Yankee fan. If Saber's girlfriend was a Yankee fan, he's simply kill her with his pimpmobile.

How come ya like the s0x?
    Locality, family is full of Sox fans, first team I ever saw, John Valentin, Matt Stairs.

Dirty
    Do you like cucumbers?
    Nope.

What's your favorite fruit or vegetable?
    I'll saw strawberries. Apples bruise too easily, bananas ruin everything, and many other fruits are too weird.

redsr
    What is your favorite TV show?
    24 over The Amazing Race. 24 because I have a non-sexual man crush on Keifer Sutherland and it still makes me tense at times. The Amazing Race simply because I get to see groups of idiots making themselves known to the world all over.

In your opinion, Could Griffey Jr. have been the greatest player of all time if there were no such thing as steroids, and if he were never injured?
    I don't think he would have surpassed Ruth. He would have been amazing without injury and could have passed Aaron's HR record, but consider he played in an offensive era like Ruth, he'd need Bonds numbers to compete.

Has a poster on this board ever inspired you? If so, how?
    Not really. Some people here have had an impact, but not so strong as to inspire me.

Kingdom of Zito
    Do you even give two cents worth a damn about vegetables?
    Not one bit

How would you punish the woman who made it her life's goal to torture the young girl? (the thread is somewhere around here)
    I really have two options. I can place her in jail for an extended period of time with no supervision other than a select group of male prisoners. Or she could be sent on a one way trip to Mars, trapped in a small space capusle with a lion ala Life of Pi. I like the second.

If everyone was to die on this forum except you and one other person, who would you save?
    That's a horrible question to ask...Mission. Since it's not the world.

Husker
    1) If you had to choose between attending Game 7 of a World Series or going out on a date with the hottest girl in your class, what's your decision?
    Give me game 7. That could be historic, and to be blunt, I'd have a better chance of getting a date and a second date there with some females stone cold hammered.

2) What is your favorite fast food joint?
    Subway.

3) What is one thing that your parents make you do but you don't want to do it?

Saber (B)
    Husker. His whole body has less chance of infecting me with some sort of disease then the simple aura around you, pigpen.

Hmark
    Best Baseball game you ever watched?
    Tough one. Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS or Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS (perhaps the game Pedro pitched in the 1999 ALCS). If I had to choose, G5 of the 04 ALCS. I could say G4 of the 2004 WS, but it really wasn't as great a game rather than historic.

Will Johnny Damon be a Red Sox next year?
    Nope. I hope Theo doesn't give in to a big year/big money deal and just lets Hanley take over in 2007 with a filler in 2006.

What's you favorite Yankee T-Shirt sold outside of Fenway? (You know the ones I'm talking about...)
    To tell the truth, I hate those shirts. None really.

Porter
    Can Ken Griffey get to 650 HRs?
    He can, but I'd put it at a 20% chance. He'll need to play until he's 40 and stay healthy or improve to his old self before he gets to 650.

How long before Timlin becomes the closer?
    If Schilling goes to the rotation before Foulke gets back, the point Schill goes to the rotation. If Schilling's moved when Foulke comes back, he won't.

Game 7 of the World Series or A chance with Jessica Alba?
    Two variables. Are the Sox playing, and how good of a chance. If it's a 75+% chance and no Red Sox, then Alba. Anything lower or if the Sox are in it, too much of a baseball geek to give up my one real chance at a Game 7. Knowing my luck, it'd happen, she'd have a kid, then proceed to divorce and get half my stuff for the rest of my life.

Dave
    1) Is love an emotion or a behavior?
    I'd say, if I had to choose one exclusively, emotion. Is it real love if it is purely a behavior? I feel love to be a mixture of things though.
    2) Gyros - Traditional Lamb or the new fangled Beef or Chicken?
    Lamb. If I want beef or chicken, I'll eat beef or chicken.
    3) It's a hot day, mowing the lawn, working outside.... what is it you guzzle down to quench your thirst?
    Water, no question.

Saber (C)
    1) How many people do you think actually know what Fishercat refers to?
    Before the ESPN special, about 2%, after it, about 4% in the U.S., maybe 15% here.
    2) How much do you think I've had to drink right now?
    Enough to kill a few elepahnts, enough to make you tipsy.

Killah
    1. If the sports Gods came down and gave a choice and one only could keep one or the other, which would most New Englanders choose. The one Red Sox World Series championship or the three Patriots Super Bowl titles?
    I'd take the Sox titles. Although I celebrated heavily when the Pats won all three titles, the Sox championship was something legendary. I think the Pats have a better chance to win again anyway

2. What is your earliest baseball memory?
    When I was three years old, my step-dad bought me a pack of cards with Red Sox player in them. I'm sure I had seen it before, but that's what I remember. Playing Batter Up! for the SNES was also there. Inside the Park HRs with Cecil Fielder and being unable to go back to the base you were at when the flyball is caught? Fun.

3. Do you prefer the day or the night?
    Night, no real reason. I prefer cooler temperatures.

Baseballfanatic
    1. If you had 1 more day to live what would you do?
    Say goodbye to all the people I love, hopefully catch a baseball game before I die, spend all my money on something good for my family or charity or whatever, write my will.
    2. What was the day of the week you were born on?
    Monday (actually, the day of a pretty big stock market hit, 10/19/87)

3. Who is the most annoying person on the site?
    Not answering that. Although I'd love to, I have to be responsible and crap.

Lynch
    Food: Where is the best mexican food you've ever had (whether it be friend/relative or restaurant.. and if restaurant, where is it)
    I've never had really good Mexican food. If I had to say, perhaps the Chimichangas from Shorty's Roadhouse in Manchester N.H.

Sports: Who was the greatest Celtic ever?
    Tough choice between Russell and Bird for me. I'll give it to Larry Legend for some amazing series against the Lake Show in the 80's and hell, he was a prominent white guy playing basketball. How often do you see that?

Life: Assuming you don't have kids yet, when and if the time comes, how many kids do you want (if any). If you already do have kids, how many and what ages?
    No kids yet, prefer to avoid them if possible. If I did have a kid in my family, it would be one child, adopted most likely unless the missus *****ed enough about it.

Philly Fanatic
    Which TV cartoon dad would make the better father for you, Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin? Please explain why.
    I'll take Homer Simpson. He'll be more reliable when providing a steady income, he isn't as much of an idiot at Peter Griffin, and he has his own friends that aren't neighbors, which makes it easier for me to hate the neighbors. Seems like he's a little more down to Earth somehow too.

Which makes more sense, a rebel without cause or with a cause?
    With a cause. What do you rebel against if you have no cause?

And last but certainly not least, money or love, which do you think are the inspiration for the evil that people do?
    Small evils, money, big evils, love. Love for a person, a God, gods, a group, a leader, often leads to death, the cruelest evil. Money leads to smaller crimes, but how often do people kill for money, at least not to the effect of love.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

As for the next person, redsrbetter is up.

Nicely done Fisher.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Fisher-you didn't answer my last question.

That's because there is no answer.

MLB ERA
    I feel unloved.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    That's because there is no answer.
    Oh okay. I assumed you would answer it since it was there.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I didn't want the pretend death to happen, but Generalissimo gets angry sometimes and starts shooting people... BLAME HIM
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.