Thread: Hot Seat #52 - ljshorty

MLB ERA

Hot Seat #52 - ljshorty

Rules for the Hot Seat

This is something we are continuing on with. One nice aspect of being a smaller forum is building a solid community and getting to know many of the forum posters and here is your chance to get know one another even better!

In The
    Strike3Forums Hot Seat threads, you may ask the one in the Hot Seat (in this case, ljshorty) up to 3 questions. The questions can be about baseball, movies, relationships, whatever.

Please keep the questions appropriate and know that the person in the Hot Seat can refuse to answer any question he or she feels uncomfortable with. You may ask questions for the next week, then the guy in The Hot Seat will answer up to three of your questions.

If you would like to have a chance to be the next one up, post that you would like to and
    ljshorty will select from the ones interested for who will go next. Or, he'll just select whoever the heck he wants.

Timeframe involved: Just so we know how we are going to do this ... the person in the Hot Seat will be there for about two weeks. Questions, such as this thread, will be open for one week and then we will close the questioning so that the poster has time (up to one week) to get some answers together. As of now, we'll go with 2 posters a month (two weeks each). If demand for more comes up, we will address it at that time. We just don't want to shoot through everyone too quickly.

Questioning will close Wednesday, March 26
    th. Answers will then be opened until Wednesday, April 2nd.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat #52 - ljshorty

1. How would you feel if the Mets let Jerry Seinfeld lead off at DH of a Spring Training game?
    2. If you could have any of your favorite sports teams win a championship, who would it be?
    3. Who would win in a battle to the death, (and briefly explain the battle): Dick Vitale, Johan Santana, Billy Crystal, the Dalai Lama, or Senator George Mitchell?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

1. Explain to me the thinking behind your username.
    2. Who is your favorite athlete from any sport and any time period who is/was not on the Mets.
    3. Who, at the beginning of the tournament, did you have for your NCAA final 4, and who did you have winning it all, with the score?

PS: Nominate me next please
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

1. Jim Rome or Tony Kornheiser for President?

2. Other than steals, what's so great about Jose Reyes?

3. Who's going to improve on their 2007 season the most, Oliver Perez or John Maine?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

If it bleeds, can you kill it?

You don't know what the problem is, are you sure it can be solved without resorting to violence?

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Favorite brand of Liquor and why.

Who do you hate more, brownie or gf? I want a serious analysis.

**** (beat his ass down), Marry (long term deal), Kill (kill): Pedro Martinez, Carlos Delgado, Moises Alou

You have to put these guys each in one category and explain. No killing them all.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

1. Situation analysis #1: You are living in an apartment with your girlfriend whom you love very much. You guys have been together for 5 years, and have lived together for the last 6 months. One afternoon, she returns home, has you sit down on the couch next to her and tells you, "ljshorty, I can't see you anymore. I'm a lesbian." What do you do and say?

2. Situation analysis #2: Your pregnant girlfriend just gave birth to sextuplets. That's six kids. There are 2 boys and 4 girls. As a result of the difficult pregnancy, your girlfriend died immediately after giving birth. The question is, what do you name these six children? As a dying wish, your girlfriend asked you not to give them regular boring names like "John" or "Mary", but cool and unusual names.

3. Situation analysis #3: You are a 16-year old virgin who has never had a girlfriend before. One day, while riding on a bike, you are hit by a bus. At the hospital, the doctor tells you that you have gone blind. You will never be able to see again. Essentially, your eyes are useless. Two years later, medical breakthroughs have now made it possible for blind people to see. The only problem? In order for the procedure to work, your testicles have to be removed. Forever. You will never be able to have them re-attached. What do you choose? Testicles or vision?

MLB ERA

jesus dirtykash, can we get any more negative? that's rough man lol
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

1 - Mets win the WS in 2008, but finish last place every year til 2020 thereafter? Or Mets win the NL East every year from 2008 till 2020 but never win the World Series in that timespan?

2 - Would you give up sports, and all things sports related for a million bucks? This means you can't watch any on TV, participate in any yourself, or discuss sports via the internet or with friends. This is a hypothetical question so don't overburden yourself with wondering how this would be enforced. "I'd take the money and watch it anyways" isn't the answer I'm looking for.

3 - Johan Santana or Jake Peavy?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000