Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Seat Answers #51 - BuckFoston

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #51 - BuckFoston

BuckFoston, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#52) will begin on Thursday, March 20th, 2008, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat Answers #51 - BuckFoston

I'll answer as many as I can tonight but I might not get them completed. My life is so hectic right now, sorry its taken such a long time.

Browntown
    1. Tell me something I don't know about Idaho. I know that has Boise State and its blue turf and potatoes. That's about it.
    2. Who is your least favorite Yankee player, and favorite Red Sox player?
    3. Your top 3 favorite movies
    1. Well, one really great aspect of Idaho is the wildlife. There are a lot of places up here that you can come and hunt big game or small game. The hunting and outdoor life is really spectacular here. Its also very pretty in a lot of parts of the state.

2. My favorite Yankees is Derek Jeter and my favorite Sox player would have to be Wakefield.

1. Anchorman
    2. Dumb and Dumber
    3. Joe Dirt
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

DMB

1. Which would you rather have:
    a.) Red Sox dynasty, they win the division every season for the rest of your life. But the Yankees on occasion will win a Wild Card and once in a while turn that into a World Series title.
    b.) Yankees will never again win the division, or world series in your lifetime, but Boston goes bankrupt and they're contracted from the league.

2. When I was 15, Britney Spears was one of the hottest women around. We all know that story doesn't end well, but who's the new #1 consensus for your age group? I'm hoping it's not Lindsay Lohan.

3. Agree or disagree, Wendy's have the greasiest burgers you've ever seen. Though this is really a second question, I'll put it here anyways. Have you ever had Sonic? I've noticed in the midwest they aren't frequent. There's not one within 150 miles of me. Though at 21 years young I finally had it for the first time. It was great.
    1. I would probably have to go with a. As much as that would kill me to see the Sox have that much success I would want my Yankees getting success too. And as much I hate them, its a good thing to have Boston because it makes baseball a lot more fun to watch. When the Yankees and Sox play nothing can match up to that. Its an amazing thing to watch.

2. Umm, the girl that I probably have the biggest crush on that is in my age range is probably Hayden Panettierre. That girl is gorgeous and I'm pretty sure she is only 18. She is also a very good actress that is very fun to watch, very pretty girl and a very good actress.

3. I would have to disagree with that statement...There is a restaurant about 30 miles from here that is called Rupe's Burgers and those things just look like one huge grease ball its disgusting. Yes, I have had Sonic. There is one right around the corner of my house and I love going there. Very good food and some really good drinks, love the place.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

KOZ

1. Some say Tampa was stupid for dealing Delmon Young for pitching, given his offensive potential and everything else. What do you think?

2. Honestly, no matter which pitcher it is, who makes you more nervous when facing the red sox... Manny or David Ortiz?

3. The yankees are offered Albert Pujols, Adam Wainwright, and Anthony Reyes for Melky Cabrera, Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain and Jason Giambi. Suppose that you jump to the future to check and see what Pujols does and you see he never has a major injury, piles up the mvps, and goes on to be a non HGH first ballot hall of famer. But you can't check the future of the other guys. Do you do this? As a side note, Pujols retires as a yankee.
    1. As good of a prospect that he was I think it was good deal. Pitching wins you ball games, bottom line and if you don't have that, you won't win. Just as the New York Yankees...And plus, if I was a owner of a team I wouldn't want a player like that representing my organization. I mean for heavens sake the kid charged the mound with a bat in a game, that is insane and if I was a gm I would deal him away as fast as I could.

2. I would probably have to say that Ramirez makes me the most scared...I mean they are obviously both very good hitters but I just think Manny has something to him that makes him a little bit more intimidating. Thats a very good question and a tough one to answer but Manny edges Ortiz out just by a little bit.

3. Yes, I would do that trade. Getting players like Pujols is rare and finding out he never used HGH would impress me even more. To have a role model and an amazing athlete representing my ball club would make me very happy. The MLB needs players like that and if something like this actually happened then it would instantly make the Yankees and the MLB look better.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Giantsfan

1. HYPOTHETICAL: I like Hillary Clinton. Do you like me?

2. NOT HYPOTHETICAL: I think the Cardinals are underrated this year. Do you agree with me?

3. NOT HYPOTHETICAL: Jake Peavy is the man. Ok, sorry that's not a question. Just a statement of truth. Here's the question: Jake Peavy is the man. D'oh! I just can't stop saying it! OK HERE'S THE REAL QUESTION: Who is the best pitcher in the Majors with less than 3 years of MLB service? By 3 years I mean if they appeared in even 1 game that year, that counts as a year.
    1. I wouldn't not like if you liked her but I would have different political views as you. Of course you guys can say what you want about me being only 16 so I'm probably only listening to my parents but I actually do have my own, broad opinion on politics. I have been following it is very interesting to me. Personally, I was upset when Romney dropped out of the race.

2. Yes, I do actually. They do have some very good young players that are going to play this year and I think they will fair pretty well. And of course, they have Pujols. I do think they are underrated, they will be a pretty good team.

3. Wow, thats a good question. I mean I just don't see how you can go against this guy. In '04 he had a 2.61 ERA, in '05 he had a 2.87 ERA, in '06 he had a 2.77 ERA and in '07 he had a 3.33 ERA. Johan is nasty and is an outstanding pitcher, if not the best. I figured if I would have said someone that only pitched one game would have been kinda lame. I wanted to pick a guy that had been consistent all the way through and is amazing .

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Shorty

1) Who do you consider the Yankees' 3 biggest rivals and why?

2) Predict for me, what will Johan Santana do with the Mets this year, and as a throw in, explain your feelings on the Yankees not acquiring him

3) Top 4 players to build a MLB Franchise around, starting today

...and I'll take the next Hot Seat, should you choose me

1. Red Sox-No explanation
    2. Angels-The Yankees are always playing these guys in the playoffs and they always seem to struggle against them. They piss me off almost as bad as the Sox do and I think any Yankee fan here would agree with me.
    3. Rays-This came here just kinda by default, I'm not really sure who their third rival should be but I'm sure there is some bad blood between these squads after what just happened.

2. I think he will do very well. I expect his ERA to be in the low 3's, high 2's. The man is absolutely amazing and nobody can hit this guy. I think he will fair a little better in the NL, too. But I'm kind of torn on the Yankees not getting him. I mean it was great to keep all our prospects but it would have been amazing to have Johan. Those prospects have yet to actually prove themselves that they can play for a whole season. Johan has proven that but I think those players will be able to do what we need them to do so I'm glad we kept them.

3. A-rod, Pujols, Johan, Phil Hughes

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

DK

1. You have to sleep with one person, male or female, from this message board. Who is it and why?

2. Have you ever peed in the shower? When?

3. Have you ever farted in public? How humiliating was it? Describe.
    1. Well, I'd prolly have to say Turn2. Kind of embarrassing but I mean she is the closest female in my age range on this board and she is also very cute. Hopefully I didn't just creep her out...Haha..

2. Oh yea, every night. (not joking)

3. Yes I have, but I always either blame it on the stinky kid next to me or I come up with some good excuse (like saying that if it was you that you would take credit for it) . I mean I'm pretty sly when it comes to farting in public and I take pride in it.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

DG

1) Do you think Browtown and Zito are planning something with there matching Custom User Titles?

2) Do comparisons to Forrest Gump piss you off?

3) How did you end up rooting for the Yankees?
    1. No, I just think they are butt buddies to be honest with you.

2. Kind of, but they don't really piss me off because DK is the only person that has told me that and its not that big of a deal because I'll probably never meet him and I know hes a joking man and hes not saying anything personal.

3. Well, my father and grandfather are Yankee fans and so I kind of just followed in their footsteps. I would have to say though that I follow them the closest out of anyone in my family. They are still big fans but I think I follow them the closest.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Brewersfan

1. Which band/performer(s) are your favorite? List top 3-5 only.

2. Who is your favorite actor and actress right now?

3. What are your goals and expectations for you in your future?

1. I love the old school rock so I'll go with (no order)
    Boston
    AC DC
    Ozzy
    (I also like the new stuff)
    Disturbed
    We The Kings

2. Actor-Will Smith Actress-Hayden Pannettierre

3. One of the main goals in my life is to serve a mission for my church when I become age of 19. Please don't mock or make fun of me for this but this is something I've always wanted to do and thats what I have my eyes set on. When I get back though I want to join the S.W.A.T. team, that is my dream job.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

DD

1) Worst beer you have actually drank more than one of in a sitting
    2) What is the last think you would wish to say before your death?
    3) Who is the sexiest sex-idol from generations past, in your opinion? And by the past, I would mean pre-1970.
    1. Never had a beer.
    2. Buckfoston
    3. Is there really any question? Its definitely Marilyn Monroe.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Hwood

- Standard question, only with your football team because the Yankees win too much. Would you rather see the Titans win Super Bowl XLIII but then finish in last place every year until 2020? Or see them in the playoffs every year until 2020 but not win the Super Bowl at all between now and then?

- Do you think Vince Young will ever prove to be a quality passer who doesn't have to rely on his legs?

- Do you plan on staying in Idaho when you become an adult? Or do you want to get out as quick as possible?
    1. I would rather see them make the playoffs every year then to see them sit in last place. I mean that is just humiliating for that to happen so I would much much rather see them make the playoffs every year.

2. No, I never do. He thinks run first every time he drops back with that ball and he will never be the QB that the Titans need. He is an awful passer and I think the Titans need to trade him away and get a new QB in there as soon as possible.

3. Yes, I actually do think I'll stay here. I love Idaho to be honest with you. I'm not a big fan of the huge cities where it takes you 45 minutes to get somewhere cause of traffic. I like being in a medium sized town where you know the majority of the people and the crime rate is pretty low. It is also pretty cheap to live out here and I think this is where I want to raise my family mostly because of the fact that the crime rate is low and this its not very expensive. I suggest to anyone that is looking for a place like that to live to come to Idaho.

I nominate, ljshorty, seeing as how he was the only one to ask.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Good answers.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    2. My favorite Yankees is Derek Jeter and my favorite Sox player would have to be Wakefield.
    He asked who your least favorite Yankee is.

Anyways, who's the next person on the hot seat?

Reference the Hot Seat Nominations thread if you can't think of anyone, cuz some people made recent suggestions.

If you mentioned the next person in one of your answers (as I only skimmed them for now, will read them all later.) just point it out to me.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

He nominated ljshorty at the end
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Gotcha

I'm blind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast