Thread: Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #12 - Porter99

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #12 - Porter99

Porter99, your questions have been asked here: http://strike3forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661

You have until Tuesday to answer them. And then you must choose the next victim. Good luck.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1) Has Mike Hargrove done a very good job with the Mariners?
    Yes, Mike Hargrove has done a good job, but he has to figure out a way to get his starters to go longer than the 4th inning of games. I think that has to do more with the roster than him.

2) Describe the Timberwolves season this past season
    Where do i get to f'n begin? Lets see this team was picked by most people to at least make the conference finals. But you got a bad feeling when Cassell and Spree were starting to complain about their contracts. The supporting cast that was so big for them last season, regressed this year. Wally became a worse version of Kyle Korver. McHale decided to get rid of Flip Saunders, so he can go after low tier guys they can "Bring Up". KG right now, is the most frustrated players in the "L". Night after night, it seems like hes the only one trying with his all. Even then that didnt happen all the time. McHale does need to go and he needs to go soon. They have to just blow it up and start over, but will KG accept that. I doubt it but god dammit he deserves better than this circus of a team he has. The only thing more frustrating is going to see Moyer-Sele-Pineiro go back to back to back every week. Cassell and Spree can take their sorry asses elsewhere, they brought a bad vibe in year 2 of the "failed" experiment. I think they should try and move up to get maybe a top 10 pick, cause its doubtful they get something in the lottery (Top 3). Try and get young FA, like maybe a shooter like Redd, or a good all-around player (Simmons). They need to get something younger and quick.

3) Who is your favorite sports radio host on KJR?
    David Locke is my fav, straight up and blunt when it comes to disscussions. Has great chemistry with his callers. Groz and Gas, and Softy are quality at times, during Husky or Seahawk seasons, maybe Sonics. Mitch Levy is a tool better known for the bigger dance than actual sports commentary.

What is your favorite color?
    Teal and Black, They look good together.

What is your favorite movie?
    Man on Fire, Denzel Washington was on a mission in that movie.
    Collateral, Cruise and Foxx had great chemisty in the movie, looked more reality based.

top or bottom
    Top, duh

rain or shine
    I live near freakin Seattle, it has to shine sometime

favorite band/genre
    Nas/Rap

What if Griffey stayed in Seattle?
    If Griffey stayed in Seattle, im not sure if he would have gotten hurt the way he did. but we wouldnt have Jeremy Reed cause Griffey would be here. Cameron probably would have a breakout year in the new ballpark and became an NL Superstar right now. We probably would have beaten the Yanks in 01, just had a hunch cause he killed the Yanks in the postseason.

Who has/had a stronger arm, Buhner or Ichiro?
    Tough Call, I will say it depends on day to day cause but have equally strong arms. Buhner was more accurate with his throws, but Ichiro is getting better. You dont run on either arm to save your life.

Who is your favorite actor, and what movie helped make your decision?
    Denzel Washington, The movies for the reason: Crimson Tide, Man On Fire, John Q, Training Day....theres more i could go on.

Which CDs do you recommend if I'm a newbie to rap?
    2Pac- Greatest Hits: Good Start to get the foundation on who everyone tries to be but cant. Hes poetry with edge.

Nas- Illmatic: commonly known as one of the truest (lyrically) CDs out in the game right now.

Eminem- The Eminem Show: I hate Eminem lately but this CD is one of the best rap albums put together. This was is prime IMO.

Bone Thugs and Harmony- E. 1999 Eternal: Has probably one of the most catchy meaningful songs in rap history (Crossroads).

Dr Dre- Anything with the name Chronic: both the original and 2001, were probably the most stolen CDs ever. You know made a classic CD when the person that bought it had it stolen 4 times (that would be me)

Reggie Williams or Charles Rogers based on upside?
    Reggie Williams, Ive seen this kid, up close and personal, litteraly on a HS Field. Hes more physical and durable than Rogers.

Was Bob Melvin to blame for the 2004 season?
    Hell No, that team was aging and Gillick KNEW IT, he screwed over Bavasi and Melvin. Melvin ended up being the fall guy. I mentioned it to Steak 2 days ago.

Will the Sonics win one game vs. the Spurs?
    They did didnt they This series is going 6 games.

What will the M's record be this year?
    80-82, Assuming they get the rotation fixed and bullpen doesnt boycott Seattle.

How will the west end?
    Angels, Rangers, M's, A's

Will Aaron Rodgers ever play this year with Brett Favre still un-retired?
    Mr. Rodgers meet Mr. Clipboard....NO WAY THAT HAPPENS

City or Suburbs?
    Suburbs, Less Stress

Sunrise or sunset?
    Sunset

1) Can men and women truly be best friends (not just an aquaintence or normal friend)? Or is it true that men who consider a woman their best friend, are always after something else? And why do you think women always think in the best case scenario, that they can be best friends?
    Considering my best friend is female, and neither of us want any more than what we got cause we dont want to screw it up. We known each other for ten years, and not once have we thought seriously enough to even want more. Im the godfather of 2 kids and another is on the way soon. Ill say its possible but its very extremely rare. Im just the lucky one.

2) Spare Ribs - dry rub or BBQ sauce?
    Pass the BBQ

3) Should parents allow teenagers to have cell phone that can call everything? Meaning that I, for example, would only give my kids phones with preprogramed #'s like the neighbor, home, my work, my cell, wife's cell, 911, etc.....
    If the parents feel that the teen is responsible enough then yes i think so. Even if you give a teen with the preprogrammed #s, there no real way you can keep it locked that way. Hence the reason why i say if the teen is responsible.

1) Would you hold the door for Wilson Valdez if you ran into him in public?
    Would i hold the door for Wilson Valdez? Yes, i would actually, but i would show him how to hold on to the f'n ball by showing the damn door. Probably would give him hitting tips too. Now if its Miguel Olivo......................

2) Nate Robinson made a stupid choice in going pro?
    He cant really improve on this past season. Its not really a stupid choice but is a high risk.

3) Felix's best pitch?
    His outpitch is the Changeup. When thats on it sets up the other 3 pitches very well. So im going to say that. Going from 98 to damn near 80 is a big dropoff. Its really improved from last season, maybe Moyer gave him tips in ST.

1) Starbucks - Like it or Hate it?
    Like It, but not all the time.

2) What did you give your mom for Mother's Day?
    A homecooked dinner.

3) You have any plans for the summer?
    I want to go to the Ocean for the weekend or two.

Top 3 most influential rap albums?
    Damn you had to go there, ATL. 2Pac- All Eyes on Me, Nas- Illmatic, Talib Kweli- Quality.

Is AI a 1st ballot HOF'er?
    Why is the a question? Hell yes, he will.

Biggest regret of your life?
    Biggest regret of my life? The biggest one ive had was when i was a senior in HS. Had this girl, ended up being my prom date, never had the balls to ask her out. Why you ask, my then ex-girlfriend played serious mind games and i lost out. It been hell ever since then, not because of that ex though.

1. What's your poltical persuasion?
    The DONT BE DUMB, persuasion

2. Name your favorite song of all time
    Lean On Me- Bill Withers's Version or One Mic- Nas

3. Where's a part of the world you hope to travel to?
    China, I have relatives from there. My Gramps was born there would be amazing to see where the hell I came from.

I ... er ... my "friend", who has confided in me something personal, has been suffering from a severe case of constipation this last week or so. He JUST CANNOT INDUCE A BOWEL MOVEMENT! He has tried Milk of Magnesia, stool softener, a wire brush and tabasco sauce, he's tried everything!

What do you recommend for my poor friend who seems to be full of shit?
    Go see Joel Pineiro Pitch or Miguel Olivo Hit on TV. Maybe let him get into the batters box vs Eric Milton, im sure something will leave the yard then.

1. I noticed your birthday is the same day as mine. Do you believe having it so close to Christmas is a good thing for getting more or more expensive presents or a bad thing because you have to wait a whole year every year?
    It sucked, i got everything on one day, and after about 14 you didnt get the benefits anymore. It still sucks because you have to wait 355 days a year (from Jan 1st).

2. What rapper(s) got you into rap music?
    The 1st CD I ever bought was Bone Thugs N Harmony- E.1999 Eternal so im going to say them 1st off. Dr Dre, Nas, 2Pac, Talib Kweli, Ludacris, Eminem (the Eminem show), kept me listening.

3. Who do you consider the top three rap emcees of all time?
    1. Nas
    2. 2Pac
    3. Rakim

And for my next victim, he asked me before everyone on that thread, so good luck GoYankees
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)