Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overwhelming Success in Iraq

AAA ERA

Overwhelming Success in Iraq

"This is the day to get our revenge from Saddam." --Kurdish voter Chiman Saleh, a Kirkuk housewife
    More...

MLB ERA
    am I the only one who doesn't give a **** if they vote or not? doesn't change my life. I'm not tryin to play politics in this thread, I'm just speaking in general. what does it do for me.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    am I the only one who doesn't give a **** if they vote or not? doesn't change my life. I'm not tryin to play politics in this thread, I'm just speaking in general. what does it do for me.
    Well, you're paying for it.

MLB ERA
    I might be just in the Air Force but I've been to Iraq and actually dealt with the local Nationals. Most of them are just like us, some of which speak a little English. They just speak another language and live in a different country.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    say you were under dictatorship for a good majority if not all of your life

and then you could actually choose who you wanted in power

and not get killed for it.

as americans we, as yourself right now, take stuff like voting for granted. a lot of young people don't really give a rats ass what happens but you'll find a lot of old folks getting pissed at us younger gens because of stuff like that. we take a lot of our freedoms today for granted and to some, like the iraqis, they're just now getting these freedoms. iraq is a third world country, they hardly have enough money to afford clothes for themselves. marines and troops pass out MRE's and children will literally kill eachother to get ahold of one, while we can just go down the street and order us a #1 with biggie fries and a shake.

I, for one, am extremly pleased to see them vote, and happy that they're finally getting the chance. and frankly if you aren't, then just keep it to yourself bro. everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but if you really saw the complexity of the situation and really put yourself in their shoes and what they've been through you'd understand.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Woo, they get to vote.

Does that mean the "Operation: Iraqi Freedom" will be over soon?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Woo, they get to vote.

Does that mean the "Operation: Iraqi Freedom" will be over soon?
    No but it's important news because it means that Iraqis are embracing this idea of democracy and not letting the insurgency scare them off.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If any place needed survival supplies and democracy the most, it's Africa. Funny how the President himself has for the part said the hell with them.

Africa is beyong saving.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    say you were under dictatorship for a good majority if not all of your life

and then you could actually choose who you wanted in power

and not get killed for it.

as americans we, as yourself right now, take stuff like voting for granted. a lot of young people don't really give a rats ass what happens but you'll find a lot of old folks getting pissed at us younger gens because of stuff like that. we take a lot of our freedoms today for granted and to some, like the iraqis, they're just now getting these freedoms. iraq is a third world country, they hardly have enough money to afford clothes for themselves. marines and troops pass out MRE's and children will literally kill eachother to get ahold of one, while we can just go down the street and order us a #1 with biggie fries and a shake.

I, for one, am extremly pleased to see them vote, and happy that they're finally getting the chance. and frankly if you aren't, then just keep it to yourself bro. everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, but if you really saw the complexity of the situation and really put yourself in their shoes and what they've been through you'd understand.
    yay, they can vote. there still won't be peace though. so I don't know why you are so full of glee. iraq is still a nation of two groups who hate each others guts. i am trying to be as politically neutral so as not to step on to many toes, but i am just lookin at that country. and not seeing what is so overwhelmingly successful.

a nation of two groups who hate each others guts.

Jee, sounds a bit like America..

MLB ERA
    Three groups. Pay attention.

And it's not like America at all. Don't be an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Yeah, because the democrats and republicans really love fondling each other.

MLB ERA
    yay, they can vote. there still won't be peace though.
    we can vote, and there hasn't really been peace in america in, well, ever.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Democrats and Republicans don't shoot each in the street or blow themselves up.

Stop being an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast