Thread: Lady gives birth to 16th child

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Lady gives birth to 16th child

Arkansas Mother Gives Birth to 16th Child

By MELISSA NELSON, Associated Press Writer
    Thu Oct 13, 1:28 AM ET

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Michelle Duggar just delivered her 16th child, and she's already thinking about doing it again. Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighed 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The baby's father, Jim Bob Duggar, a former state representative, said Wednesday that mother and child were doing well. Johannah's birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl, he said.

Jim Bob Duggar, 40, said he and Michelle, 39, want more children.

"We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them," he said in a telephone interview.

The Discovery Health Channel filmed Johannah's birth and plans to air a show about the family in May.

The Learning Channel is doing another show about the family's construction project, a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family from the northwest Arkansas town of Rogers has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.

Jim Bob Duggar, who sells real estate, previously lost his bid for the U.S. Senate. He said he expects to run for the state Senate next year but isn't ready to make a formal announcement.

Michelle Duggar, 39, had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter "J": Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; Jackson Levi, 1; and now Johannah.

AAA ERA
    As long as they have the money to support these children, who are we to judge? I think its great.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This lady has spent basically the last 18 years of her life with a baby in her stomach. Continuous pregnancy, ain't it grand.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    guess she would rather be pregnant than on the rag. still, kinda crazy. dont see families that size nowadays.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Rookie ERA
    I saw show on the Disc channel, and their not really normal. I mean first they named all their kids with J names, they dont allow TV's in the house and other kinda weird things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox21
    I saw show on the Disc channel, and their not really normal. I mean first they named all their kids with J names, they dont allow TV's in the house and other kinda weird things.

Not having TVs in your house, damn maybe that's weird from where you come from. But my own relatives really don't like to watch TV instead they rather be involved into extra curricular activities and have jobs. Naming all your kids starting with J, it's odd, but my grandparents did the same type of thing when naming their kids. So it's not really that weird.

As for 16 children, not that big of a deal. My friend is one of 14 children, my grandfather was one of 22 children. Don't see how this was that big of a deal.

MLB ERA
    Considering that I always used my sister's friends to get girls, I wish my parents would've had a few more.

MLB ERA
    i bet numbers 9-16 will probably end up on drugs.

there is no way their mom could give all 16 kids the love and care the kids need at that age
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Maybe they think you're weird.
    hell i know I am. But seriously watch the show and you'll see what I mean. And come on who doesnt have 1 tv in their house.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    And come on who doesnt have 1 tv in their house.
    The Amish

Rookie ERA
    Okay Im done talking about this, but seriously watch the show, and you will see what I mean.

MLB ERA
    That isn't a family. That is a litter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    who are we to judge?
    If they have more, they are going to have to name one of their kids judge. Not enough J names for them.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    i bet numbers 9-16 will probably end up on drugs.

there is no way their mom could give all 16 kids the love and care the kids need at that age

I saw an interview with this family, and they asked the parents a similar question to if they felt they could give all the kids equal attention and love, and the parents said of course. Both parents are home a lot according to the interview, and the thing I saw in the interview that used to work so well back in the day is the older siblings taking care of the younger ones. So in a sense the family raises each other.

Okay Im done talking about this, but seriously watch the show, and you will see what I mean.

I watched an interview with them and I don't see anything weird about them. They dress differently and resectively, they're homeschooled, they're a big family. Nothing is weird about that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast