Thread: Computer Question

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Computer Question

I was trying to reboot into safe mode and got into a black screen with the words Safe mode in 4 corners. How long is the black screen supposed to be there before I log into Windows?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    I was trying to reboot into safe mode and got into a black screen with the words Safe mode in 4 corners. How long is the black screen supposed to be there before I log into Windows?
    It shouldn't even be two seconds. You should get a popup window that says something like "You have booted into Safe mode" etc. and then click Ok, and you're in Safe mode. If your computer stalls, just try it again, heh.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There was a popup window and then it quickly disappeared and the black screen is still there.

MLB ERA
    In safe mode, windows only boots up the nessisary compents that make the OS work. Its kinda like what happens after you reformat. Since there are usually a minimum of about 16 processes running, safemode should fully boot in less than 30 seconds after you do that.

Which safe mode are you using? i usually do safe mode with networking which is basically safemode with internet
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I used just safe mode. I got this WinFixer spyware that is not letting Standby mode and Hibernate work. I tried removing it with AdAware but the comp still doesn't stay on Standby or Hibernate when I want to and IE freezes every now and then. I turned to a tech forum and from many posts, we're supposed to download VundoFix.exe and then reboot our comp in safe mode. Then I have to wait for a tech staff member from the forum to give me a patch.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm now in Safe Mode with networking. Now I have to wait for possibly 3 days or more for a staff member from www.geekstogo.com to evaluate my HJT log and give me a code to use for VundoFix.exe

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I would also recommend posting your HJT log at PCPitstop.com's forums for a second opinion. They do a good job in helping others with their computer problems.

MLB ERA
    Have you tried running a big magnet over it?
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.