Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Shows on TV

MLB ERA

Best Shows on TV

With most series premiering this week, it seemed like a logical thread to create. I'm not a big TV watcher, but there are a select few that I will always try to catch. Repeats not counting.

Great show on Monday Nights @ 10 called Medium. Watch it every week.
    Prison Break on @ 9 on Monday Nights. Great show.
    Wednesdays and Thursdays I'll be watching Apprentice mostly. Plus, can't wait to see Everybody Hates Chris tonight on UPN.
    Friday I'll be gone watching my high school football team. If I'm not doing that I'll probably end up watching Ghost Whisperer.

That's just a run down of some of my favorite shows, but there's plenty more I like to catch.

MLB ERA
    I think I might be addicted to the show Lost. I didn't watch any of it last season, but I watched the one hour special preview of last season and the season premier and I think I'm hooked. I feel like Arsenio Hall at the all cheese party, smacking everyone for not telling him how good the cheese is. That's how I feel, how come nobody told me how good this show is.

MLB ERA
    Nip/Tuck is the best show on TV, and the only one I actively watch.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Rescue Me, House, Lost, the original CSI, and the Dead Zone.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    and ATHF repeats.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    I think I might be addicted to the show Lost. I didn't watch any of it last season, but I watched the one hour special preview of last season and the season premier and I think I'm hooked. I feel like Arsenio Hall at the all cheese party, smacking everyone for not telling him how good the cheese is. That's how I feel, how come nobody told me how good this show is.
    I had a Lost sig/avatar for like a month and have mentioned it several times. No one wanted to talk with me about it though.

New shows:
    Invasion
    Prison Break
    My Name Is Earl
    Rome
    Headcases

Returning shows:
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Lost
    Arrested Development
    The Office

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I had a Lost sig/avatar for like a month and have mentioned it several times. No one wanted to talk with me about it though.

New shows:
    Invasion
    Prison Break
    My Name Is Earl
    Rome
    Headcases

Returning shows:
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Lost
    Arrested Development
    The Office
    Another Prison Break fan. I finally get to meet another one. What's your opinion on the show so far? Some of it was predictable, but nonetheless a great show.

MLB ERA
    New shows:
    Invasion
    Prison Break
    My Name Is Earl
    Rome
    Headcases

Returning shows:
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Lost
    Arrested Development
    The Office
    I loved My Name Is Earl. I think it has definite staying power. I enjoyed the pilot for Invasion. Haven't seen Prison Break yet, but have heard great things. I've heard Rome was boring, but have yet to catch any of the episodes. Saw the beginning of Headcases, but didn't really maintain my interest. Curb Your Enthusiasm is the best show on TV, new series begins Sunday night. I never really got into Arrested Development. I watched the pilot last year or year before last, but found it a little bland. Then it became this critique darling. I caught the premier this year, and really liked it. I just find it to be hit or miss, most of the time. Is The Office the one with Steve Carrell? Only caught bits and pieces of that.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's fantastic. Likely, it's the best new drama on TV. It has it's flaws but the story really is engaging. And with each episode, a little more is revealed and for what I thought would be a somewhat shallow show seems to have the potential to have a very deep and continuing plot. Even though a lot of the basic plot structure is hard to buy, they sell it well to say the least.

It's fantastic. Likely, it's the best new drama on TV. It has it's flaws but the story really is engaging. And with each episode, a little more is revealed and for what I thought would be a somewhat shallow show seems to have the potential to have a very deep and continuing plot. Even though a lot of the basic plot structure is hard to buy, they sell it well to say the least.
    They're playing out the story pretty good. I really don't see how this show can be more than a couple seasons long unless the upcoming seasons is based on them being chased once they leave. Loved the last show, they really had me believing that Michael was leaving. Shit, Mike had me scared when he was on the roof and all the damn police was coming. Geez. Loved how they played that out. So, not too bad overall. Hopefully it continues on to more seasons.

There are no good shows anymore.

MLB ERA
    CSI
    CSI: Miami (at least it rocked in the first season)
    Monday Night Football (if you can tune out fathead John Madden)

Overall, nearly everything on TV blows goats.

ATH
    PTI
    BBTN
    NFLLive
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    ATH
    PTI
    BBTN
    NFLLive
    Yuck.

ESPN =

I used to like CSI alot, but I found that recently they just aren't as good anymore. I only bother with the Las Vegas series, but even that struggles to keep me interested. I watched the premier tonight, and was quite disappointed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast