Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Revolution Controller Demo Showcase

MLB ERA

Nintendo Revolution Controller Demo Showcase

Shigeru Miyamoto and Nintendo of Japan representatives walked GameSpot through a collection of demos designed to show some of the theoretical applications for the unique Nintendo Revolution controller. Before starting the demos, Miyamoto was quick to emphasize that what we were about to see did not reflect the look of a game running on the Revolution hardware.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-S..._flashtop_read

Man that looks different=cool.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Nintendo is weak. They're once again going to get destroyed by the PS3/Xbox 360.

MLB ERA
    Yea right NOT! 360 looks the worse, Nintendo will beat that.

MLB ERA
    Nintendo is for kiddie's.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    Yea right NOT! 360 looks the worse, Nintendo will beat that.
    *Sigh* Stop being a Nintendo fan boy for just ONE minute. There is NO CHANCE that Xbox 360 Will lose to Nintendo. It's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. There is WAY too big of a gap between the current market shares. The age groups these are going to be bought by are siginificantly different as well. XBOX 360 will be HUGE with 13-33 year olds. It's gonna hit all these tech people who want the newest thing. Nintendo, they got the young market. 7-15 maybe. I might get one, but I'm in the minority of teenagers (especially older ones). It's just not gonna make it.

It does look cool though to me!
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    I think the concept of using that controller for games like Mario and Super Smash Brothers is hideously retarded, because there is no way it would ever be as efficient as a "normal" controller design.

I think it's pretty stupid but oh well.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by awefullspellare
    *Sigh* Stop being a Nintendo fan boy for just ONE minute. There is NO CHANCE that Xbox 360 Will lose to Nintendo. It's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. There is WAY too big of a gap between the current market shares. The age groups these are going to be bought by are siginificantly different as well. XBOX 360 will be HUGE with 13-33 year olds. It's gonna hit all these tech people who want the newest thing. Nintendo, they got the young market. 7-15 maybe. I might get one, but I'm in the minority of teenagers (especially older ones). It's just not gonna make it.

It does look cool though to me!

Sorry I just wanted show everyone here the controller. Hey if you are planning on geting one let me know then we can play online . I am now saving up.

Nintendo ****ing sucks.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    ps3 will own nintendo and xbox in every way.

xbox had to push back the release date because they didn't put the option to be able to play regular xbox games on the 360.

come on now..
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    It's not that they didn't "put in the option," it's that there were hardware incompatibilities with what was put in place for the X-Box 360 and what was needed for X-Box games to play.

As it was with PS2/X-Box/GCN, PS3 will get the most games, Revolution will get the best games, and X-Box 360 will get better versions of all the good PS3 games a year late.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Super Nintendo rocked in the 90's! You could never hate "Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball."

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    Super Nintendo rocked in the 90's! You could never hate "Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball."
    Man, I remember renting that game at Blockbuster and putting it in and finding out they don't even use real players names. I was furious.

MLB ERA
    Egads man... if that's the controller for NinRev, I will NOT be buying one. It looks like a remote control for a gereric VCR. Please tell me that's not the controller!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Q: What does the conventional controller cradle/shell do?

A: This add-on makes it possible to play Revolution games in a more traditional manner. The shell is designed to look and function like accepted "regular" controllers, such as the Wave Bird. After its bottom casing is removed, the Revolution's free-hand-style remote is inserted into a gap in the middle of the controller shell. Gamers can then use the shell as they would a traditional controller, with a notable difference: the pointer remote's sensory functionality remains active. As a result, gamers get the best of both worlds: more buttons and two analog sticks along with motion-sensing operations. In a Revolution version of Madden Football, gamers might be able to use the combo to control players with the shell's analog sticks and execute pinpoint passes with the pointer's improved accuracy.

Nintendo has not yet released official imagery of what the controller shell might look like. However, we've created a mock-up (above) based on what we know of its functionality. The real controller shell is likely to connect to the free-hand-style pointer in a very similar fashion. Please note that we realize our model is not entirely to scale, but this is the best we could do on short notice.
    http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html

I think I'm going to stick to my PS2, and then maybe get PS3 when that comes out. That controller looks horrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast