Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hero or Criminal?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    give me something break
    You've got a weird way of asking for a Kit Kat bar buddy...

MLB ERA
    Let me break the tension with a joke about how white people are different from black people.

You ever notice how white people have names like Lenny and black people have names like Karl?

Ah, over your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    give me something break
    Hmm!?

Again preeze.. and thish time, in ingrish if you could?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    You've got a weird way of asking for a Kit Kat bar buddy...

oh, no, I was singing limp bizkit when lynch mentioned something about anger..
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Hmm!?

Again preeze.. and thish time, in ingrish if you could?
    i r unabble 2 anderstand ur inquisitions
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    They should just look the other way for circumstances like this.
    As Weird Al says:

"I Just smiled at him, and I turned the other cheek!" --- Amish Paradise
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Let me break the tension with a joke about how white people are different from black people.

You ever notice how white people have names like Lenny and black people have names like Karl?

Ah, over your head.
    Doh!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Laws are always meant to be broken.

only if you're willing to pay the price. there are rules/laws for a reason.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    You be the judge.

http://www.newschannel5.tv/2005/9/1/...-the-Astrodome

Thousands of refugees of Hurricane Katrina were transported to the Astrodome in Houston this week. In an extreme act of looting, one group actually stole a bus to escape ravaged areas in Louisiana. About 100 people packed into the stolen bus. They were the first to enter the Houston Astrodome, but they weren't exactly welcomed.

The big yellow school bus wasn't expected or approved to pass through the stadium's gates. Randy Nathan, who was on the bus, said they were desperate to get out of town.

"If it werent for him right there," he said, "we'd still be in New Orleans underwater. He got the bus for us."

Eighteen-year-old Jabbor Gibson jumped aboard the bus as it sat abandoned on a street in New Orleans and took control.

"I just took the bus and drove all the way here...seven hours straight,' Gibson admitted. "I hadn't ever drove a bus."

The teen packed it full of complete strangers and drove to Houston. He beat thousands of evacuees slated to arrive there.

"I t's better than being in New Orleans," said fellow passenger Albert McClaud, "we want to be somewhere where we're safe."

During a long and impatient delay, children popped their heads out of bus windows and mothers clutched their babies.

One 8-day-old infant spent the first days of his life surrounded by chaos. He's one of the many who are homeless and hungry.

Authorities eventually allowed the renegade passengers inside the dome. But the 18-year-old who ensured their safety could find himself in a world of trouble for stealing the school bus.

"I dont care if I get blamed for it ," Gibson said, "as long as I saved my people."

Looks like a hero, but again with our media slant.. they make him out to be the opposite. Funny how that works.

I know some people may be sick of me talking about this, but I don't care. The media coverage down there is appalling and is getting completely ignored.

I have no problem w/ this but I do have a huge problem w/ eople stealing TV's, 10 pairs of sneakers, jerseys, etc... and the worst part is yuo, like many of the black "leaders"(Reverends I think they are called ) never get embarrassed by such behavior. Instead of saying this is unacceptable you make excuses for them which is why behavior like that continues. Everything is the media's fault or someone elses fault, how about once in a while taking responsibility for yuor actions. I am not necessarily talking about this situation, there has been some law breaking that I can live w/ b/c it was a dire situation but it doesn't condone the shootings, stealing of non food & water items, raping and setting fires but when all is said and done excuses will continue to be made instead of distancing yourslef from such behavior.

Even though I completely agree with you Junc...

"Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    I can't blame him for what he did. He shouldn't be punished, but I can't say that I admire what he did. Then again if I was put in that situation, I probably wouldn't have acted any differently. So I guess its not my place to comment. That goes for all of us I suppose.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This whole discussion can be summed up with a passage from the Bible:

Fat Tony: "It is wrong to steal a loaf of bread for a starving family?"
    Bart: "No."
    Fat Tony: "What if you steal a truckload of bread?"
    Bart: "No."
    Fat Tony: "What if your family doesn't like bread? What if they like cigarettes?"
    Bart: "I guess not."

You sly, you.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I have no problem w/ this but I do have a huge problem w/ eople stealing TV's, 10 pairs of sneakers, jerseys, etc... and the worst part is yuo, like many of the black "leaders"(Reverends I think they are called ) never get embarrassed by such behavior. Instead of saying this is unacceptable you make excuses for them which is why behavior like that continues. Everything is the media's fault or someone elses fault, how about once in a while taking responsibility for yuor actions. I am not necessarily talking about this situation, there has been some law breaking that I can live w/ b/c it was a dire situation but it doesn't condone the shootings, stealing of non food & water items, raping and setting fires but when all is said and done excuses will continue to be made instead of distancing yourslef from such behavior.
    Wow, way to bate me into another racial debate.

Not falling for it!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    only if you're willing to pay the price. there are rules/laws for a reason.

Don't act like you have never jay walked, downloaded music illegally, or urinated in public. Sheesh.
    Ted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast