Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I channeling Mach's gastrointestinal system?

Rookie ERA

Re: Am I channeling Mach's gastrointestinal system?

I've gone from 178 to 165 since June 10th. I had stomach pains so severe this past Sunday that my wife had to take me to the ER. Finally subsided after 3 hours, but spent 6 hours in ER undergoing some embarrassing stool tests and a CT Scan of my abdomen. Met with the Gastroenterologist yesterday and practically the first words out of his mouth are denial that the colonoscopy he performed had anything to do with my current condition. I never said it did. Chill, dude! Guilty much? I just want this shit fixed....literally. Took Bentyl for 3 days, now slowly trying to introduce normal food again. The Dr. was trying to say that my symptoms started on Sunday. Um, no, the written messages in their own system (which become a part of my medical record) show that my problems began on June 10th. I just didn't have to go to the ER for them. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but Sunday was pretty intense. Right up there with the time my shoulder got completely torn out of its socket while playing sandlot tackle football. A little pain each day since then, but nothing significant, and I didn't take any Bentyl today. Hopefully this, whatever THIS is, is on its fucking way being gone. Sweet Jeebus I never had any stomach problems in my life. Fun times.

Oh. Tests came back negative for c diff, parasites, and host of other nasty fucking things. Don't think I suddenly developed Crohn's disease either. So they're just saying it's "gastroenteritis". Some inflammation in the colon and small intestine. They don't fucking know. Taking probiotics and eating carefully, going bike riding, trying to stay healthy and get my body to recover on its own from this gastroinsanity. I never laughed at anyone who had chronic stomach problems, but I have a new found, firsthand experience and empathy for what they must go through.
    Last edited by Cyanatic; 06-26-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Maybe it's time to sub out the potroast...

Hope it clears up Cy. Have you had chills or anything? I presume they did a search for perforations and diverticulitis, but you never know. Your doc just doesn't want to get sued.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanatic View Post
    I've gone from 178 to 165 since June 10th. I had stomach pains so severe this past Sunday that my wife had to take me to the ER. Finally subsided after 3 hours, but spent 6 hours in ER undergoing some embarrassing stool tests and a CT Scan of my abdomen. Met with the Gastroenterologist yesterday and practically the first words out of his mouth are denial that the colonoscopy he performed had anything to do with my current condition. I never said it did. Chill, dude! Guilty much? I just want this shit fixed....literally. Took Bentyl for 3 days, now slowly trying to introduce normal food again. The Dr. was trying to say that my symptoms started on Sunday. Um, no, the written messages in their own system (which become a part of my medical record) show that my problems began on June 10th. I just didn't have to go to the ER for them. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but Sunday was pretty intense. Right up there with the time my shoulder got completely torn out of its socket while playing sandlot tackle football. A little pain each day since then, but nothing significant, and I didn't take any Bentyl today. Hopefully this, whatever THIS is, is on its fucking way being gone. Sweet Jeebus I never had any stomach problems in my life. Fun times.

Oh. Tests came back negative for c diff, parasites, and host of other nasty fucking things. Don't think I suddenly developed Crohn's disease either. So they're just saying it's "gastroenteritis". Some inflammation in the colon and small intestine. They don't fucking know. Taking probiotics and eating carefully, going bike riding, trying to stay healthy and get my body to recover on its own from this gastroinsanity. I never laughed at anyone who had chronic stomach problems, but I have a new found, firsthand experience and empathy for what they must go through.
    Gonna eat the yogurt that Jamie Lee Curtis endorses? Sometimes a diet change is the key. Did they check your gall bladder and all that? Many years ago, my mom would run into a lot of issues you have described, and she'd be miserable as well (for days at a time). She drastically changed her diet (eliminated most fatty foods, beef, dark meats, etc) and that helped BUT it would still crop up. So she went to our doctor, who sent to the ER immediately and it turned out to be significant issues with her gall bladder and that required surgery..
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

Sorry, that you are going through so much distress, I can relate. I have been lucky though, had my gall bladder removed several years ago and then the battle with C-diff and so far I have not had to drastically change my diet as far as experiencing pain or anything.

I have a nephew with Crohn's, he has to be very diligent about what he eats. My niece suffers with stomach issues and she has taken on a gluten free diet and only has issues when she eats something she didn't check out first only to find out it contained gluten. It might be something for you to look into, it certainly couldn't hurt.

Rookie ERA

Thanks for the suggestions. Tobywan -- You were one of the people I was thinking of...I remember you mentioned having that horrible bout with c diff. Glad you feel better these days and can eat fairly nornally. Things have been better for me the last few days, and I can tell because my appetite is moving back to normal. Weird. Still no idea wtf happened to me. All the tests came back negative for anything unusual.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They clearly haven't tested your brain.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

You might want to log what your eating so when you do have the pain you might be able to narrow down what might be the cause.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    They clearly haven't tested your brain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12