Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies You've Seen Thread

Re: 2014 Version of Movies You've Seen Thread

It was...okay. It's really more of a character drama with wooden characters than anything and suspense building than watching monsters beat the shit out of each other.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA

Saw Marky Mark meets the Transformers last week, 3D IMAX.

Good stuff, better than the last 2 for sure. Maybe better than the first one, although I haven't seen the first in the series since it came out on DVD.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    It was...okay. It's really more of a character drama with wooden characters than anything and suspense building than watching monsters beat the shit out of each other.
    Agreed. Putting KickAss in it wasn't the best casting choice in my opinion. Would have like to have seen more Walter White, but wtf ya gonna do.

Once the monster stuff did get going, I absolutely loved it. I'll definitely be owning it on blu ray when it comes out 8 months from now.

I don't know about okay, okay wasn't a great word for it. Put another way, I'd go see it again, and I'll probably see the 2nd one. It was just more along the lines of planning on ordering a NY Strip and you get a Tri Tip instead. Tri Tip is fucking awesome, but damn it, I wanted NY Strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch View Post
    Agreed. Putting KickAss in it wasn't the best casting choice in my opinion. Would have like to have seen more Walter White, but wtf ya gonna do.

Once the monster stuff did get going, I absolutely loved it. I'll definitely be owning it on blu ray when it comes out 8 months from now.
    The monster stuff, I will say the 2 finishing moves were pretty bad ass, especially the 2nd one. That got a legit "dayum" out of me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch View Post
    Saw Marky Mark meets the Transformers last week, 3D IMAX.Good stuff, better than the last 2 for sure. Maybe better than the first one, although I haven't seen the first in the series since it came out on DVD.
    IMAX? That had to be off the hook. I really enjoyed it too. Better human fair. Plus that lockdown character was pretty gnarly.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Yeah, IMAX is freakin' awesome. I could live with or without the 3D although I am enjoying it more this year than I ever have before. But yeah, the SFX summer blockbuster popcorn flicks are a MUST on Imax for me now.

As for the movie, it was long, really long ... like 160-165 minutes. But it really didn't feel long. They did a pretty good job with the character development which they had to start over since the human cast was mostly a reboot. SO, even for a long movie, to keep it fresh and exciting throughout was a good job by the Michael Bay and the writer(s). Say what you will about Michael Bay, but that SOB knows how to blow stuff up like a master! :bow:

One of the coolest moments in the movie... Optiumus riding on a fire breathing T-Rex Dinobot!

Last edited by Lynch; 07-05-2014 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Fixed cuz eye are a tard

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

*Optimus Prime
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

*and Grimlock
    Ted

MLB ERA

Thumbs Up Re: 2014 Version of Movies You've Seen Thread

Sorry, got my shit mixed up.

You are correct, sir!

I did mean Optimus.

Rookie ERA

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.....awesome!!!!

I only have one nitpicky thing, this sequel is only suppose to be a decade removed from the first film and in my view they went a little overboard in the deterioration of San Francisco. This series version has the depletion of humans from a virus, not global war or nuclear fall out and the city appears to be a lot more than 10 years rundown. The only place there really was a battle in the first was the Golden Gate, so understandable that it would look almost destroyed.

MLB ERA

I wanted to go see that in the theater last week, but was just too damn busy. Maybe this week while it's still on my local IMAX screen

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

it isnt a 2014 movie... but i watched bad ass today. danny trejo is an old guy seeking revenge on the people who killed his best friend, charles s dutton is a kingpin that ordered the hit, and it might be the single greatest movie ever created. just all around mayhem commences, the final montage causes about 300 million dollars worth of property damage. downright glorious. i cant imagine more than 7 people on the planet have seen this movie, but im glad to be one of those 7. so bad its amazing.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There's a sequel, Bad Asses
    Ted

MLB ERA

Saw Dawn of the Ape Planet.

Not a bad flick, but it certainly wasn't as great as some people I've heard (on the radio) raving about it being possibly or totally the best movie of the year so far.

Non-movie info: I didn't want to see this one in 3D, but due to time constraints and my schedule this week, that was the only showing that I could get to. So, I was already not enthused about seeing in on that particular day (also had been out shopping with the wife for 3 hrs before that). To add to my unhappy demeaner, I was in the theater all by myself. Not a single soul in the place. Just as the movie starts, my son calls me to tell me that his car is broken down. During that 3 minute conversation, I missed the first couple of minutes explaining the current situation of humanity on earth. It really wasn't hard to figure out, but I still like to see the movie in it's entirety. 5 minutes into the movie, a group of 8 people come into the theater and sit in the row DIRECTLY behind me. And they yap for the next 5 minutes. During the movie, at least 4 of them got up and left the theater, each time banging into my seat (both directions, of course). These same 8 assholes decided that it wasn't their job to bring their empty pop and/or snack containers out with them when the movie was over. "It's not my job, they have people to do this" mentalities irk me in ways I can hardly put to words.

Once the movie was over, as I was walking about, I saw that the next show on the same screen was in 20 minutes, so I went to the lobby, sent a couple of texts, called my son back about his car, etc. I figured I could go back in and check out the first 3-4 minutes so I knew what I missed. As I'm walking down the hallway to go back to that screen, I see another one that just started and I could hear the previews roaring out of the overly loud theater. Same multi-plex, same movie, yet I had to watch lame-ass previews at my showing for movies like the Notebook Part 2, What color is the sky in Walter Smitty's world and some other snoozefest of a movie. When I go into that other screen, I get to see a new Guardians of the Galaxy trailer that I have not seen yet. (btw, that movie looks to be pretty damn awesome as far as popcorn flicks go). Anyway, I watch that trailer, the next one and as the third trailer is starting, suddenly the sound goes out. Eventually the trailer just goes black and there's sound. Then the video comes back and the sound goes out again. Then everything goes out. We sat their for about 5 minutes before someone went out of the theater to go tell management. About 5 minutes later, the lights in the room come on and a few minutes after that, some pimple-faced kid comes in to let us know that "they are aware of the situation" and they are working on it. It will be a little bit yet. I thought this was dumb, I wasn't that overly interested and I figured that I'd already wasted enough time waiting for the start of the movie so I could see a couple of minutes of text flying across the screen.

Blargh!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast