Thread: Pull this wimp's Man Card!

Rookie ERA

Pull this wimp's Man Card!

What a pathetic POS this Clark Wong douchebag is. He gets sprayed with water at the hockey game and files battery charges and wants to sue. Can you imagine if a Boston, Toronto, Chicago, or Philly fan pulled something like this? Their own fans would kick their ass for being such a pussy.

Only in L.A.

Report: Corey Crawford investigated for spraying heckler with water - CBSSports.com

As a heckler, you have to be careful what you wish for but one Kings fan is apparently trying to profit from just that.

From the file of frivolity, TMZ Sports reports that Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford is under investigation from the Los Angeles Police Department after Game 4. Why? For allegedly squirting a heckler with water.

We know ... 27-year-old Kings fan Clark Wong filed a BATTERY report Monday night claiming he was "sprayed" by the hockey player at Staples Center.

TMZ Sports spoke with Wong who says he was sitting behind the Blackhawks bench -- and was heckling Crawford -- when the goalie was pulled from the game toward the end of the 3rd period.

That's when Crawford -- who's in the middle of a 6-year, $36 MILLION contract -- allegedly whipped out a water bottle and blasted him right in the face.

Wong says he believes the bottle was filled with backwash -- along with water -- and it has caused serious irritation to his eyes. Wong says he's going to a doctor to get his eyes checked.

Indeed, you better watch out for that backwash, it will get you every time.

Assuming for a second that Crawford did spray this Kings fan, should we even have the word lawsuit in the conversation? In a way, getting that kind of attention is a heckler's aim, it's validation that you're getting under a player's skin. That's another way of saying if a player does something as mild as squirting a little water in your face, buck up.

The TMZ report also states that Wong was ejected from the game in the final minutes for taunting. Typically you have to be going pretty far to get that treatment and a squirt of water from an athlete.

However a report from CBS Chicago quotes the LAPD as saying there is no investigation taking place on Crawford. That could mean that there never was one in the first place or it could mean it's already been dismissed.

It's really difficult to imagine this will be even so much as a distraction for Crawford it's so weak, which might be the aim of a Kings fan in the Western Conference finals as much as anything else. Already Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is downplaying it for the stupid waste of everybody's time and money that it is.

"I'm not worried about it, I'm worried about the game, as is Corey." -- Q on water bottle "incident" in LA.
    — Nina Falcone (@NinaFalcone) May 28, 2014
    Crawford is 9-7 this postseason with a .918 save percentage but has struggled in the last three games against Los Angeles. We doubt those struggles had to do with hecklers.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Pull this wimp's Man Card!

As I mentioned in the other thread. Kings fan is a giant vagina

MLB ERA

I'm curious, if spraying water can be construed as some form of "battery" assault, what exactly do we call the barrage of bullshit he was heckling at Crawford? Isn't there some form of verbal abuse charges that can be aimed back at him?

*just a thought*

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanatic View Post
    What a pathetic POS this Clark Wong douchebag is. He gets sprayed with water at the hockey game and files battery charges and wants to sue. Can you imagine if a Boston, Toronto, Chicago, or Philly fan pulled something like this? Their own fans would kick their ass for being such a pussy.

Only in L.A.

Report: Corey Crawford investigated for spraying heckler with water - CBSSports.com
    I love that you and the rest of 'Merica still can't seem to decide whether our fan base is a bunch of effeminate brats or whether we're a bunch of thugs who take the game too seriously and brutally beat up fans of the visiting team in the parking lot when the stereotype is convenient. Which is it?
    Last edited by Robert DeNiro; 06-08-2014 at 02:26 AM.
    Well, in a sense, you could say that I am the boss.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Robert DeNiro View Post
    I love that you and the rest of 'Merica still can't seem to decide whether our fan base is a bunch of effeminate brats or whether we're a bunch of thugs who take the game too seriously and brutally beat up fans of the visiting team in the parking lot when the stereotype is convenient. Which is it?
    I think you're confusing fan base with players. The fan base is a bunch of effeminate brats, the players are thugs under the protection of the officials.

Now get down off the cross, we need the wood.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Of course you need the wood, Cy.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Of course you need the wood, Cy.
    ouch