Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best album from the first half of 2005?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UConnMetFan
    Well, #1 seems really, really easy, at least to me... after that, not so much.

1. Coldplay - X&Y
    2. Finch - Say Hello To Sunshine
    3. Audioslave - Out Of Exile
    4. Gorillaz - Demon Days
    5. System Of A Down - Mezmerize
    6. Alkaline Trio - Crimson
    7. Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This To Memory
    8. Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree
    9. Bloodsimple - A Cruel World
    10. Circa Survive - Juturna

Not the best half year. Definitely looking forward to Death Cab For Cutie's upcoming release.

JM2CW

I found Bloodsimple to be baaad. I like Mudvayne and all, but if they were to ever suck to my ears, they'd sound like Bloodsimple.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Only things I'll be anxious to pick up are the new CDs from 30 Seconds to Mars and Cold in August, and Soulfly's new album sometime in September. I haven't been provoked to get anything yet.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    As far as what I'm anticipating for the second half of 2005. I haven't seen too many upcoming release dats that I am counting down to, but I am looking forward to Kanye West's new album and System of a Down's new album as well. Outkast is going to drop a soundtrack for their upcoming movie at the end of the year, and should release their next album in 2006.

Now that was WAY too weird. I saw in someone's list that the Gorillaz had a new album which got me thinking of when their first album came out a lot of people went crazy over it, especially that Clint Eastwood joint, and it was nothing comapared to Deltron 3030 which was the same people. Then as I'm strolling down reading I notice that Cardinal Optimist has Deltron 3030 in his avator.

Rookie ERA
    missionhockey- Just got TREOS' debut and if I like it as much the second time as I did the first, it'll be on the list.

Just a side note... is it just me, or was AK3's album Good Mourning better than Crimson?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    I found Bloodsimple to be baaad. I like Mudvayne and all, but if they were to ever suck to my ears, they'd sound like Bloodsimple.
    I thought it was a decent album, nothing special, and in a lot of years it wouldn't be top 10. It'll probably fall off the list by the end of the year with DCFC's new album Plans coming out in late August and SOAD's Hypnotize coming out... sometime later this year.
    GO METS!

MLB ERA
    Hm.

Ulver - Blood Inside
    Naglfar - Pariah
    Dream Theater - Octavarium
    Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked

I make no guarantees of their "first half" nature, since a few of them are early leaks.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Common- Be
    Coldplay- X&Y
    Will Smith- Lost & Found
    Fat Joe- All or Nothing
    Gorllaz- Demon Days

No Particular Order.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    As far as what I'm anticipating for the second half of 2005. I haven't seen too many upcoming release dats that I am counting down to, but I am looking forward to Kanye West's new album and System of a Down's new album as well. Outkast is going to drop a soundtrack for their upcoming movie at the end of the year, and should release their next album in 2006.
    I heard like 9 tracks from Late Registration that my friend showed me. It's gonna be a damn good album. Alot of the songs have an r&b feel to them, but then he has some that are truely rap. Very interesting album.

I also can't wait for Hypnotize, I'm pretty sure I'll buy that one.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Optimist
    OK Calculator sounds slightly like another CD i know.
    ya, it's an obvious reference to that...not in any musical sense other than that OK Calculator implies that it's very, very lo-fi, which it is. And now that I remember, 2 of the songs from OK Calc are on the "Staring at the Sun" single from the LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Killah Sith
    Now that was WAY too weird. I saw in someone's list that the Gorillaz had a new album which got me thinking of when their first album came out a lot of people went crazy over it, especially that Clint Eastwood joint, and it was nothing comapared to Deltron 3030 which was the same people. Then as I'm strolling down reading I notice that Cardinal Optimist has Deltron 3030 in his avator.
    Del is amazing, his beats his flow, probably my favorite rapper. Is your Avatar Public Enemy?

Del is amazing, his beats his flow, probably my favorite rapper.
    I remember his song on Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3.

It had something to do with staying helathy and cleaning yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by PacMan
    I remember his song on Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3.

It had something to do with staying helathy and cleaning yourself.
    He was on THPS? What song was it.

I don't remember.

But just to make sure he is Del The Funky Homosapian right?

Quote Originally Posted by PacMan
    I don't remember.

But just to make sure he is Del The Funky Homosapian right?
    Del Tha Funkee Homosapien

Del is amazing, his beats his flow, probably my favorite rapper. Is your Avatar Public Enemy?

Yes that is PE. As for Del, I don't know a lot of his stuff but that Deltron album was just amazing. It was so funny that I thought of that album when I saw the Gorillaz mentioned only to see your avator. I need to find what other CD case my Deltron CD is hiding in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast