Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have a question, this is your thread. If you want to make fun of Zod...

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Anyone still question why I held onto the TSSL file instead of giving it away?
    I didn't know what it was since I wasnt around for it in the first go round' :-P

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

re: Random Fans of Teams That are Multiple States Away From Their Own Town Thread.

That Poli trade was shit and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    I didn't know what it was since I wasnt around for it in the first go round' :-P
    Then you wouldn't get the reference lol.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

re: Random Fans of Teams That are Multiple States Away From Their Own Town Thread.

Knowing now what I know....

That Poli trade was shit...

And I would never have traded him if me then knows what me now knows lol

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And your Poli deal was still one of the worst deals ever passed that I've witnessed.

I don't really get pissed, just annoyed. I chalked you up as another CJ or NYGF or mntwinsfan after some things you did. And yes you still over spent. And most of what you bought didn't do so well. Savory, Soto, Raffael...bad. Barajas, over achieved but it sounded like you won't even use him now. You had a big turn around because of players you traded for and players you kept (like Mantle). People assume that because they have tons of cash, they should buy a bunch of shot to win. It just hurts your finances most often, cripples your future, and teams tend not to be that successful. Often because they pay 8 million for a guy worth 1-2 million.

That's annoying. People make modest offers for a backup or filler only to see someone blindly pour tons of money into a player...for what reason? To win 75 games instead of 70?

But the Poli deal was the most annoying thing you've ever done. There was zero reason for it to happen. Slightly above your persistence in trying to dump Kimbell for one good prospect and a dozen of AAA fillers.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Haha, now that S3SL is dead, how did that Poli deal pass? It's still humorous to me that 95% of people hated that deal, but it passed. I know Saber was a pass, HR posted so with the exact thoughts I had on the deal at the time.

I hope slowly I've changed your mind about me. I just needed time to learn the game and it's intracacys. And I agree now with the overspending in FA. As we saw, that next year I got 1 more win the the CPU did without the FAs that I signed.

I can't believe I never pissed you off... I even remember saying "F*** You Zito!" lol so not like me.

How many other people have I pissed off or annoyed on the forums?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't even remember you attacking me. I made my comment and didn't cone back for a few pages. /shrug

Ultimately I enjoy people screwing up so badly.

Couldn't tell you. If the deal came after Impossibles' thread about council, I point to that as a reason. I don't know. We've made mistakes, passed bad deals but that was a disaster. A 20 something monster power hitter for a reliever. And you dealt Poli to probably the most dominate team in the league. Minnesota, Florida, myself had great stretches but Colorado was ...unreal

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Lol, so you are like Eric cartmen, you lick the tears of sadness from the faces of the disappointed?

I agree that Col was an insane Juggernaught, but I went to them for 2 reasons. 1) out of the American league, and 2) I saw by their lineup they loved power and had a weak 1B.

Ultimately I should have gotten a ton more!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I prefer Nelson from the Simpsons. Ha Ha!

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Lol! Nice... And it fits you!

Rookie ERA

Toby, it's sad that people would throw drinks on you. I feel the opposite. It's refreshing to have someone of the other sex knowing the sport.

Guys just like immasculating other guys and they've had it engrained that they should never lose to a girl. Those two combined make the reasons you're talking about. But it sounds like you're hanging with the wrong crowd I you're getting threats and what not.

The majority of negativity isn't from any crowd I hang with it's usually from complete strangers or places like the MLB forums, which I left a few years ago. Just today I was out getting dinner wearing a Rays shirt and a Phillie fan started smak talking about how his team swept the poor Rays when they played in the WS…………..WRONG! It was funny as I thought about your question as that was happening. Most of my male friends that are sports nuts have no issues in fact when they are stuck on trivia they call me, I have become the “phone a friend” lifeline.

Hell, it'd be funny if you guys just keep changing the name!
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Your lady lumps prolly.

Hey, watch it, I resemble that remark!

How many other people have I pissed off or annoyed on the forums?
    Well, you haven't pissed me off .............yet.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Zod thinks Longoria is worthless. Don't take his talk! Kick his ass!

I want Reefer's answers! I'm legit excited

Rookie ERA

What I want to know is.......does anyone here actually live in the area of the team they root for ........other than me?

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

I live <10 miles from Great American Ballpark... I think that's good!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mine's four states away..

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    What I want to know is.......does anyone here actually live in the area of the team they root for ........other than me?
    Three hours away. /sigh
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast