Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have a question, this is your thread. If you want to make fun of Zod...

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Random Hot Seat Thread presented by Zodious Juilius!

I've not been in a sim league long enough to have a favorite team I've built... But I fought hardest for KC in S3SL.

And that's fine Porter, I was just trying to spark any conversation round here.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    Toby, is it weird cutting up with all these guys being the only female (that we know of, verdict still out on CJ) on the forum?
    I wouldn’t say it’s weird as I was pretty much a tomboy growing up. Also, being so heavily into one sport or another all my life obviously the fields are dominated by males so I’ve just gotten used to it for the most part.

2 things that continue to surprise me as far as “equality” has come ;

1) comments I get when I am at a game alone especially at spring training.

2) how pissy guys get when a gal knows a sports trivia answer and they are wrong. I have even had to feign a Marilyn Monroe dumb blonde act at times to keep drinks from being thrown at me.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    This one is for the sim leaguers.

What team did you feel was the best you ever put together and how did they end up doing?
    I only did fantasy one year and it was called a roto league (I think), I drafted rookies Baldelli and Matsui. I kind of got turned off by it though because it was a lot of work and as I mentioned before.....pissy guys. I came in 2nd and it caused a big stink, one of the other GM's went so far as to write me nasty emails and acusing the guy running the league of collusion. So, needless to say I have stayed away from fantasy leagues.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    Zito, what would be a rule that is not in a sim league that you would like to see in a sim league?

It used to be actual punishment for those who tank...and by tanking, I mean having like 12 players on the roster and neglecting the team for years. But PA has the right idea in place. A rule established in the beginning and the warning that if people neglect their teams, they will be auto'ed. I love that he's doing that. And at least in his league, and S3SL, and I know that OM used sometimes do it... but everyone that knows me in the sim league world, knows how much I hate that we constantly see young talent or talent just entering their prime...dying..for unknown reasons. It's always been unreasonable in my opinion. So, I would wish we had something in place for every sim league now and in the future to protect guys like that. Not against injuries, cause that happens, and it's realistic but for an awesome 27 year old ace pitcher to suddenly lose a bunch of talent when they're dominating. This is primarily for OOTP 6.5 cause the newer additions factor in...everything...

It's been so long since I've played 6.5 that I don't even know if it's possible, I wish leagues would be a little more drastically creative sometimes. There was, at one point, where I had considered taking over a league and I had some grand ideas. I'm talking about expanding playoffs or dramatic conference realigning (my favorite has always been no divisions, just an American League and National League...top four teams in each by record go on...I've always wanted to do that, old school style).
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    This needed a name. Zod feel free to change it if you want.
    I personally feel this is the Random Insanity version of randomly asking anyone questions...thread...that was wordy. Zod, you're wordy.
    Ted

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Who will be the next MLB star to get a DUI?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jered Weaver
    Ted

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I'm guessing Corey Hart

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jayson Werth perhaps
    Ted

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Prince fielder!

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Zito, can you expand Playoffs in OOTP? Can you do that whole AL and NL only? That would be awesome!

Also, you're referring to Someone who's already talented dying way early as opposed to someone not developing or losing Talent correct? If that's the case then I agree with you. I wish there were less studs in these leagues. I want a league where a 10 contact guy is a god, maybe 5 in the whole league, 10 power guys should be a little more common but not with high contact because those don't exsisit so much...

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Toby, it's sad that people would throw drinks on you. I feel the opposite. It's refreshing to have someone of the other sex knowing the sport.

Guys just like immasculating other guys and they've had it engrained that they should never lose to a girl. Those two combined make the reasons you're talking about. But it sounds like you're hanging with the wrong crowd I you're getting threats and what not.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I personally feel this is the Random Insanity version of randomly asking anyone questions...thread...that was wordy. Zod, you're wordy.
    That was porters name.... I don't care what it's called... Hell, it'd be funny if you guys just keep changing the name!

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

re: Random Fans of Teams That are Multiple States Away From Their Own Town Thread.

Let's keep this thing going till Saturday night when I get drunk at a buddy's party.
    I'll come back, and it'll be on.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

re: Random Fans of Teams That are Multiple States Away From Their Own Town Thread.

Whatcha gonna get drunk on? That's a big key to what kind of drunk you're gonna be!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast