Thread: Who the heck is Trevor Bayne?

MLB ERA

Shocked Who the heck is Trevor Bayne?

I have a hunch we'll all find out more about him really soon, he just won Daytona. Amazing that he could pull this off in his 2nd Sprint-Cup start. He is the youngest winner ever, at age 20.
    Wow!!!!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Re: Who the heck is Trevor Bayne?

I watched the whole thing, what a great, enjoyable, entertaining race. Real happy for the kid, well deserved win after that race.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Who the heck is Trevor Bayne?

Trevor Bayne has been around as a prospect for a couple years now.

Originally signed by Dale Earnhart Inc, raced the USAR Pro Cup, NASCAR East Series, won some races, was ranked as a 5 star prospect in the NASCAR world. When DEI and Chip Ganassi mergered, he was thrown out the door, and picked up by Michael Waltrip Racing. Got a couple Nationwide races, East Series races with MWR, again showing himself off as a 5 star prospect. MWR shuffles it's driver development around last year, Bayne is shown the door, only to have Ford, and Jack Roush pick him up. Makes one start in Cup last season, and runs well in the final races of the Nationwide series.

This year he'll only do 17 Cup races with the Wood Brothers 21, but a full season of Nationwide with the Roush 17.