Thread: Borat. Brüno. Now Saddam.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Borat. Brüno. Now Saddam.

Um... I've enjoyed the last 2 years or so without Sacha Baron Cohen. But he's got cojones, I'll give him that.

As if his portrayals of Borat and Bruno weren't outrageous enough, Sacha Baron Cohen's next role will be playing Saddam Hussein.

The British comic will star in and co-write The Dictator, which is scheduled for release in May 2012, Paramount Pictures said Thursday.

Larry Charles, who directed Baron Cohen in Bruno and Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, will direct once again.

The Dictator is inspired by a book the former Iraqi leader himself wrote, titled Zabibah and The King.

Paramount joked in a news release: "The film tells the heroic story of a dictator who risked his life to ensure that democracy would never come to the country he so lovingly oppressed."

MLB ERA

Re: Borat. Brüno. Now Saddam.

I gained so much respect for SBC as King Julian in Madagascar. Since then its been all downhill

MLB ERA

He should be sued by the estate of Charlie Chaplin.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

As if his portrayals of Borat and Bruno weren't outrageous enough, Sacha Baron Cohen's next role will be playing Saddam Hussein.
    I'm sorry but I can't take this seriously. I half-expect him to slip into the Ali G character and refer to the weapons of mass destruction as "B.L.T.'s".

Rookie ERA

I can him playing Saddam more than I can see him as Freddie Mercury which supposedly he inked a deal for this past year.

I haven't watched Bruno, but the main part I disliked about Borat was you didn't know what parts were scripted and what parts weren't, so I left feeling like all of it was scripted.