Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Terrorists Attack London

Breaking News: Terrorists Attack London

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Four explosions in London's transport system have killed at least two people and wounded dozens more in what UK Prime Minister Tony Blair said was an apparent terrorist attack.

More fatalities were sure to follow -- emergency services personnel told CNN that a rescue operation at Kings Cross station had successfully evacuated all survivors, leaving dead below ground "in the double digits."

Three of the blasts took place in the city's subway system and one more hit a double-decker bus, all at the height of rush hour.

Looks like the war on terror is not even close to over.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    We knew it wasn't...

This is terrible... the deliberate targeting of innocents is just a horrid act...

From what I heard on the radio on the way to work... Tony Blair sounded just totally distraught.... He is leaving the g8 conference today to return to London to do what he has to do...

This is even effecting travel here around DC.... securiy is ramped up on the public transportation lines... no increase in the terror alert level yet here in the US, but the possibility is there...

One thing for sure though... GB won't take this lying down

Did you see Dubya while Blair was speaking? He looked as if he was going to explode from his anger.

You know what? I'm sick of this s***. Time to rock these mother****ers. Human rights my ass.

MLB ERA
    I havn't seen any video yet... I am still at work... only getting stuff from the Net and from the radio on the way in

Rookie ERA
    This is terrible , thanks for reporting this GL.

I am going to turn my tv on Fox News or CNN right this minute!

AAA ERA
    This is awful. How many more cities have to burn before the world understands that you cannot negotiate or rationalize with these bloodthirsty, animals. Fight fire with fire! Take the war to these beasts. Diplomacy is futile!

Al Quaeda has claimed responsability for this already, and warns Italy and Denmark are next, but it has not been confirmed yet. I think its safe to assume...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Anyone find this amusing that it happened a DAY AFTER THEY GOT THE 2012 OLYMPICS. I dont, but we need to start blowing people out of the water, air and ground. I've about had it with Al-Quaeda, never mind i have.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    This is awful. How many more cities have to burn before the world understands that you cannot negotiate or rationalize with these bloodthirsty, animals. Fight fire with fire! Take the war to these beasts. Diplomacy is futile!

Al Quaeda has claimed responsability for this already, and warns Italy and Denmark are next, but it has not been confirmed yet. I think its safe to assume...

I could not agree more. Time for the activists to shut the **** up and suit up. This conflict cannot be settled their way. This attack is further proof of that.

MLB ERA
    Unfortunately, it's going to take another attack HERE before America wakes the **** up. And when we get hit again I fully support targeted nuclear strikes wherever neccessary, including Mecca. Take it out. As others have said, I've had it with the peeeeaceful religion of Islam.

God Bless the mother country. Good thing is they're not a bunch of pussies like the Spaniards; Britain will take action.

Call me what you want, these people understand nothing but brute force. Let's arrange the meeting between them and their handful of virgins.

Damn I'm pissed this morning.

MLB ERA
    Watch the religion bashing, please. I understand emotions are high this morning, but no need to bring intolerance into the discussion. If you want to bash Islam, go to thenflforums.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    WOW...
    My dad called from work this morning around 10am and told me to watch the news and my first reaction was "****. Terrorist attacks hit America again." but terrorists hit London for no apparent reason.

ATLien is right, don't go into religious bashing. The terrorist bombers are extremist Muslims, a small minority intent on rectifying the wrongs they see and violating the just war belief of many other theologies and Islam's core of beliefs. Islam is not that much different than Christianity and it's scary that the prominent group are the extremists. It's an unfair characterization. Not to mention religion bashing is only going to lead to unnecessary arguments. Argue if the U.S. should bomb the hell out of the Middle East, argue if there is any hope in diplomacy, don't bash religions.

BTW Husker, the apparent reason is the G8 summit.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    BTW Husker, the apparent reason is the G8 summit.
    Oh, I must have not caught that.

AAA ERA
    I imagine if something was going to happen in the US today, it would have already been done.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Unfortunately, it's going to take another attack HERE before America wakes the **** up.
    Its not up to America to make it "all-better." This is a global responsability. America is already leading the way in trying to defeat this train of thought. The rest of the world needs to wake up. London was not attacked today any more than America was attacked on 9/11. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness were attacked today and on 9/11. These animals hold no sanctity for life, or freedom, or the general happiness of the global population. We can't wish these scumbags away. We can't prosecute them when they commit these crimes against humanity because they're not actually people. We (the Western, civilized world) must kill them, and spread the good word of Freedom. They are rabid animals and should be treated as such.

Len Pitts captures the attitude that every free soul in the Western world should have right about now. He wrote this on September 12, 2001, but I think it applys today.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Pitts Jr.
    What was it you hoped to teach us? It occurs to me that maybe you just wanted us to know the depths of your hatred. If that's the case, consider the message received.

And take this message in exchange:
    -You don't know my people.
    -You don't know what we're capable of.
    -You don't know what you just started.

But you're about to learn.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast