Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: London 2012

No doubt it is. In a previous post, somebody said the city made any type of money at all. In certain situations the money would be easier to come by with investors, ads, etc. Once the olympic buildings are built you could use them for other things when the olympics are not there to get money back, and you could always reuse the buildings down the line when the olympics return. So the money could be made back, maybe just not right away.

NY in 2016!!!
    I don't like that idea.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Buildings being reused depends on the place. New York surely can because they can get a ton of events there, but places like Athens where there aren't a ton of major sporting events it's harder.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    The money is never made back at any time. Complexes for events go unused outside of stadia, and the IOC demands new buildings to even consider a hosting city. It's a gigantic waste of money, which any cursory look at the Olympics for the past 20 years will show.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12