Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Palin quits

MLB ERA

Re: Palin quits

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Neither one was the perfect savior. I'm not saying no. But Obama spent time as a congressman in a major state. He was the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. And I guarantee he could name a single magazine he's read.

I wouldn't argue one was LESS qualified than the other, I won't argue who was less appealing. The difference is that Palin scared more people off than Obama did. There's a reason for that....
    Obama almost IMMEDIATELY started running for President. Spent a majority of his senator time doing that. Also voted "present" even more than he actually cast a legitimate vote. And the sentiment that Illinois is more of a "legitimate" state than Alaska or any other is absolutely absurd. Not to mention the fact that Palin actually had legit EXECUTIVE experience, something Obama never even had a sniff of. And we have seen that Obama can't name crap without his prompter. It's comical when his prompter goes out or gets ahead of where he is in his speech.

As for the Harvard Review, try a real accomplishment rather than an appointment. Obama had no real accomplishments in career or government (an no, winning an election is not an accomplishment). Obama is, quite frankly, the least deserving and least experienced President we have ever had. And was elected more on the cult of personality than anything else. To even have the audacity to think that he was more qualified than even the slightly qualified Palin (who was at that time a VP candidate, which is a whole different ball of wax), is frankly laughable.

As for who was less appealing. The candidate who takes direction (as evidenced by actions and quotes) from things such as "Rules for Radicals" would be less appealing than even a modestly qualified person with true interest in the way our government was set up in the constitution. Add to that the fact that he is the least experienced, should bring an amount of bile to the back of your throat.

Obama had the cult of personality. Obama had a great strategy. Obama had a weak opponent as the REP nominee. Obama had great timing with the unpopular Bush leaving office. Obama had a media kissing his ass. Obama certainly was not a really qualified candidate and Obama was certainly the recipient of being in the right place at the right time.

But as we move forward and see his broken promises, his spending like there is no tomorrow, his pushing of agendas that are against the groundwork of the constitution, and his move towards socialized systems (paid for by some to be divided among those who do not take the responsibility to take care of themselves), you will see more and more of a decline in his celebrity induced popularity.
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

It's true, President Obama was the president of the Harvard Law Review.

Find me one article he wrote.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Obama almost IMMEDIATELY started running for President. Spent a majority of his senator time doing that. Also voted "present" even more than he actually cast a legitimate vote. And the sentiment that Illinois is more of a "legitimate" state than Alaska or any other is absolutely absurd. Not to mention the fact that Palin actually had legit EXECUTIVE experience, something Obama never even had a sniff of. And we have seen that Obama can't name crap without his prompter. It's comical when his prompter goes out or gets ahead of where he is in his speech.

As for the Harvard Review, try a real accomplishment rather than an appointment. Obama had no real accomplishments in career or government (an no, winning an election is not an accomplishment). Obama is, quite frankly, the least deserving and least experienced President we have ever had. And was elected more on the cult of personality than anything else. To even have the audacity to think that he was more qualified than even the slightly qualified Palin (who was at that time a VP candidate, which is a whole different ball of wax), is frankly laughable.

As for who was less appealing. The candidate who takes direction (as evidenced by actions and quotes) from things such as "Rules for Radicals" would be less appealing than even a modestly qualified person with true interest in the way our government was set up in the constitution. Add to that the fact that he is the least experienced, should bring an amount of bile to the back of your throat.

Obama had the cult of personality. Obama had a great strategy. Obama had a weak opponent as the REP nominee. Obama had great timing with the unpopular Bush leaving office. Obama had a media kissing his ass. Obama certainly was not a really qualified candidate and Obama was certainly the recipient of being in the right place at the right time.

But as we move forward and see his broken promises, his spending like there is no tomorrow, his pushing of agendas that are against the groundwork of the constitution, and his move towards socialized systems (paid for by some to be divided among those who do not take the responsibility to take care of themselves), you will see more and more of a decline in his celebrity induced popularity.
    Again, I see arguments against Obama, some I disagree with, some I can agree with, but the point is you have not yet come up with one example of why Sarah Palin would be qualified to be the US President. Her executive experience is 2 years as a governor of Alaska. Sorry, that doesn't qualify you to be President. Obama spent 8 years as a state legislator and 4 years as a senator. Yes, he capitalized on a poor republican candidate, but the truth is that his victory was INSURED by McCain's selection of Palin. Very few undecided voters actually liked the selection of Palin, because she was so extremely conservative, and so inexperienced that she scared many people away.

You can hate on Obama all you want, but the truth of the matter is, you haven't even given me anything worthy of TRYING to convince me that Palin is even marginally qualified.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    It's true, President Obama was the president of the Harvard Law Review.

Find me one article he wrote.
    As President of the Law Review, you're right, he wrote just one article, regarding abortion. It's in volume 103 of the Harvard Law Review. However, he was responsible for editing and reviewing articles, as well as refining his legal thinking, because remember, he was appointed as president of the law review after his freshman year.

MLB ERA

Wow, that's some fancy law-talking you got there.

President Obama wrote a 6 page case comment about a state case. That ain't no article.

MLB ERA

Again, I see arguments against Obama, some I disagree with, some I can agree with, but the point is you have not yet come up with one example of why Sarah Palin would be qualified to be the US President. Her executive experience is 2 years as a governor of Alaska. Sorry, that doesn't qualify you to be President. Obama spent 8 years as a state legislator and 4 years as a senator. Yes, he capitalized on a poor republican candidate, but the truth is that his victory was INSURED by McCain's selection of Palin. Very few undecided voters actually liked the selection of Palin, because she was so extremely conservative, and so inexperienced that she scared many people away.

You can hate on Obama all you want, but the truth of the matter is, you haven't even given me anything worthy of TRYING to convince me that Palin is even marginally qualified.
    Oooohhhhhh... state legislator and a blink of an eye where he actually was a senator... Ooohhhh...

He has the qualifications of a mongoloid.. and is proving it in office every day

Palin, with her experience as executive over an entire state easily matches his so called experience.. and yet you claim Obama is experienced? He's experiences at campaigning, that is for sure.. more time on the campaign trail than in the actual elected positions... And again, SHE WAS A ******* VP CANDIDATE, not a Presidential candidate.. BIG MFing difference....

Every last argument you make in terms of Obama being qualified, is absolute horsecrap, but it makes no difference as you then bash on Palin for no experience.... shows a definite bias...

Is Palin my candidate?? Nope.. Do I think she was qualified enough to be running for Pres? Nope, BUT SHE WASN'T... Her time as VP would have been great growth and experience time, which I though was great for an up and comer in the party.

As for Harvard Law Review... Ooohhh.. a few articles written by a popularity contest position... I'm about as impressed as can be ... He's had no single accomplishment, besides being elected or appointed, PERIOD...

You have not even given me one thing that shows Obama was even marginally qualified... and he proves he is not more every day

Again... you have your cult of personality president.... to the detriment of the country.. enjoy it... 'No new taxes for those earning under $250K'... errr... no lobbyists... errrr.... transparent views into government... errrr....

And the growth of an entitlement mantra that will bleed the country dry....

MLB ERA

You're wrong there, Dave. Saying he wrote a few articles suggests that he wrote more than one, and that one isn't much of one.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Oooohhhhhh... state legislator and a blink of an eye where he actually was a senator... Ooohhhh...

He has the qualifications of a mongoloid.. and is proving it in office every day

Palin, with her experience as executive over an entire state easily matches his so called experience.. and yet you claim Obama is experienced? He's experiences at campaigning, that is for sure.. more time on the campaign trail than in the actual elected positions... And again, SHE WAS A ******* VP CANDIDATE, not a Presidential candidate.. BIG MFing difference....

Every last argument you make in terms of Obama being qualified, is absolute horsecrap, but it makes no difference as you then bash on Palin for no experience.... shows a definite bias...

Is Palin my candidate?? Nope.. Do I think she was qualified enough to be running for Pres? Nope, BUT SHE WASN'T... Her time as VP would have been great growth and experience time, which I though was great for an up and comer in the party.

As for Harvard Law Review... Ooohhh.. a few articles written by a popularity contest position... I'm about as impressed as can be ... He's had no single accomplishment, besides being elected or appointed, PERIOD...

You have not even given me one thing that shows Obama was even marginally qualified... and he proves he is not more every day

Again... you have your cult of personality president.... to the detriment of the country.. enjoy it... 'No new taxes for those earning under $250K'... errr... no lobbyists... errrr.... transparent views into government... errrr....

And the growth of an entitlement mantra that will bleed the country dry....

You're right, Palin was a VP Candidate, and he ran for President. He spent 11 years as a State/National. She spent 2. There's a bit of a difference there. He was in the US Senate for twice as long as she was governor of Alaska.

You can't just take someone and let them learn by being VP....it's stupid. You have to pick someone deserving. In my eyes, she was not ready to be a VP when she was nominated last year, and she will most likely not be ready to run for President in 2012, especially since she WON'T HAVE A POLITICAL JOB UNTIL THEN.

I'm not going to continue this argument, because we both know it's useless. The point of the story is that NEITHER was qualified for the positions they were running for. Obama had more experience in the national government, and Palin had her "executive experience" for a year and a half. To me, Palin didn't even seem to be on the same page as McCain's campaign, and if she expects to be successful in politics, she's going to have to realize that you don't win by calling yourself a "hockey mom" or a "moose with lipstick" or by referencing "Joe the Plumber" every 2 minutes. She did not come across (to me at least) as being even slightly prepared. You can argue Obama didn't either, and I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. But my argument is that if Palin believes she has any qualifications to be the republican nominee in 2012, she's delusional.
    Last edited by ljshorty89; 07-07-2009 at 07:27 PM.

MLB ERA

11 years? I miss something?

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

I've lived 7 years in this state. He hasnt done a thing for it. As soon as he got elected to the senate seat, he started campaigning for president. He didnt serve 4 years as senator before campaigning, thats for sure. more like 4 months.... same with his other legislative positions in the state.

and biden hasnt really shown himself to be qualified to be a VEEP. he just blabs on and on and ends up getting slapped down by obama....
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

You're right, Palin was a VP Candidate, and he ran for President. He spent 11 years as a national politician. She spent 2. There's a bit of a difference there. He was in the US Senate for twice as long as she was governor of Alaska.

You can't just take someone and let them learn by being VP....it's stupid. You have to pick someone deserving. In my eyes, she was not ready to be a VP when she was nominated last year, and she will most likely not be ready to run for President in 2012, especially since she WON'T HAVE A POLITICAL JOB UNTIL THEN.

I'm not going to continue this argument, because we both know it's useless. The point of the story is that NEITHER was qualified for the positions they were running for. Obama had more experience in the national government, and Palin had her "executive experience" for a year and a half. To me, Palin didn't even seem to be on the same page as McCain's campaign, and if she expects to be successful in politics, she's going to have to realize that you don't win by calling yourself a "hockey mom" or a "moose with lipstick" or by referencing "Joe the Plumber" every 2 minutes. She did not come across (to me at least) as being even slightly prepared. You can argue Obama didn't either, and I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. But my argument is that if Palin believes she has any qualifications to be the republican nominee in 2012, she's delusional.
    At least if you're going to lie.. make it believable or try and fool an idiot... his time as community organizer and in the STATE legislature was not time as a national politician... Obama did nothing as a US SENATOR except for basically turning around and immediately running for president...

If Palin gains some sort of position of leadership within the next 12-18 months, she will be on track... don't know if she will or not... don't know if I would even consider voting for her or not... depends on the barometer of the country, other candidates, etc...

You don't JUST have someone learn at VP either.. not like she had ZERO experience in the executive branch... or in leadership... and VP is not an all encompassing position, and many lesser experienced people put into the VP position do learn the rest of their leadership skills and move on in the political arena....

If Obama would have been up for VP, I still would not have liked his extremist, statist policies, but I would not have argued that he was too inexperienced for VP... but as a Presidential candidate and President, he was and is not qualified and shows it every day

MLB ERA

Oh.. and you notice I do not try and use state and local for Presidential qualifications... but if you compare Palin in the state and as chair of a large commission (executive position).. funny, it adds up to the same # of years and with more in the executive role

So don't try and state that Obama is "qualified" or "experienced" and Palin is/was not... it's simply another bogus argument put thru by the people caught up in the cult of personality

Oh... and nice attempt at an edit job when you knew you were caught about stating Obama's 'national' experience

MLB ERA

Obama's DISTRICT as a state legislator had over 100 times the population of Palin's MAYORAL jurisdiction. I'm sorry, all you're doing is telling me why Obama is unqualified, while you have yet to acknowledge that that IS NOT MY POINT. My point is that Palin is not qualified as of right now, and unless something drastic changes, she will not be qualified to run for president in 2012. You acknowledged and said the SAME THING. End of story.

MLB ERA

I can be part of a group that discusses back and forth, I can sit in a legislature, and it does not qualify for leadership.. I would not have had Obama even lead my platoon, let alone the country

And lest you forget that Obama did practically NO time even as a US senator before going on the campaign trail and voting "present"... every office he got elected to was quickly put to the back burner (actually neglecting the job at hand) and almost immediately he went on the campaign trail for the next

I stated that she would, now that she is not finishing up as governor, need to do something else soon to show something... I said she had appeal for things she has done and for stances she has, with the conservative base... I said this from the beginning and you still jumped on it as if you were in line with other partisan hacks such as Olberman... I asked why you have that standard of her and whether you had the same standard for Obama, and you started touting his so-called experience... tells a lot right there

I also stated that it was going to be hard for her, no matter what, because of the extreme whacko left that has an extreme hatred for her.. that is evidenced quite well in this thread.... I also stated that the DEM party, being more controlled by the same far left and not the blue dog moderates, would be a difficult sell for her

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    I also stated that it was going to be hard for her, no matter what, because of the extreme whacko left that has an extreme hatred for her
    "I'm trying to remember if I've met her before. I'm sure I must have." His eyes twinkled, then he asked, "What is she, the governor of Guam?"

"This woman is being put into a position she is not even remotely prepared for," he said. "She hasn't spent one day on the national level. Neither has her family. Let's wait and see how she looks five days out."
    Any guesses as to which extreme whacko lefty is it this time?
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 09-15-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast