Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is "Generalissimo" Offensive?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Heck, give me half a million dollars and I could show you "great character."

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Jennifer Wilbanks is hot. Too bad she is a nut.
    You gotta be kidding, right?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

So, how many family members is Jennifer Wilbanks from Joey Cora again?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    rdr: She is not that bad. Different strokes for differnet folks.

Jennifer: If someone use Adolf Hitler, then there would be a problem. As RLA said, there are two definitions of Generalissimo. Knowing General, I don't think he would use that username in bad taste. As for how I feel about you, I respect you.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Jennifer: If someone use Adolf Hitler, then there would be a problem. As RLA said, there are two definitions of Generalissimo. Knowing General, I don't think he would use that username in bad taste.
    Well then I guess you would also be comfortable then with someone who used "Fuhrer" since its non-connatative meaning is leader.

And since you "know" him and, therefore, know his intent is begin are you suggesting that he is ignorant of the connotation his name has for evey educated person throughout the world. And don't you find a sixteen year old who chooses a name like that is probably suffering from delusions of grandiosity.

BTW - I refrained from saying this earlier but I'm going to say it now. I haven't been here very long but from the posts I have seen you insulted earlier a large majority of posters when you asserted that Generalissimo "is one of the best posters here."

Reply, however, you want but don't expect a response from me because after I sign out tonight I won't be back.

He is one of the best posters here

MLB ERA
    Who doesn't like psycho chicks?
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AA ERA
    Jennifer: I hope you come back. There is no reason why you should go. I like to think you would give General a chance to defend himself for why he pick that name as his username. Could you at least give him that chance? I had a chance to read Stephen Convey's book about 7 Habits of Effective People and one of the things Convey express is not to assume. I think it's unfair to assume what General is about by his username. I just don't think it's fair to judge him that way unless he explain his reasoning.

General seems to be well-liked by everyone here. There hasn't been an incident with him through anyone which is why I think he is one of the best posters. Plus he writes good takes in this board. I never ever saw him cause trouble here so I am suprised you have a problem with him.

Okay, Jennifer, I'm quite fed up with your *****ing. First you go to the Yankees board and start a completely prepostrous discussion about how the Yankees are ruining baseball, . I kinda understand where you're coming from, because your Indians haven't done shit for a decade and you have to find something to ***** about. No problem. Besides, you sounded educated in that discussion, although you didn't wish to listen to anyone's opinion other than yours.

Secondly, now you ***** about my username? Woman, are you from PETA or something? Jesus H. F. Christ, Generalissimo is offensive? Is it DerFührer? ILoveKillingJewsAndBlacks? Nazi4Life? 4thReichIsComing? DownWithCapitalism?

I present you with this lovely chart, compiled by someone smart (not that you would know about being smart, but just bear with me here):

Now, what rank is at the top? Generalissimo. Why did I pick it? Because I'm a communist loving freak? Well...no. I picked it because it signifies power, and it looks nice.

I'm guessing you're one of these people who just look for things to whine about. Case and point, the Concorde issue in NY in the 80's.

I end this rant on a lighter note. Jennifer, please.

"Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Oh, and you say I'm offensive? You're accusing me of delusions of grandeur. So, using your brilliant way to judge usernames (I prefer USERNAME METHOD):

awefullspellare is offensive to me as a bad speller. Please change your username.
    BuckFoston is offensive to Bostonians. Please change your username.
    ghettochild is offensive because I knew someone who died in the ghetto. Please change your username.
    KingdomOfZito offends me. It refers to a monarchy, an outdated and brutal system of government. Please change your username.
    lovethatreefer offends me. It reminds me of pot, which has killed more people than any Generalissimo.
    nyjunc offends me. It hints at NY being junk. (which it is, by the way. But that's another topic.) Please change your username.
    Steak offends me. Steak is made from animals. Don't eat animals, you insensitive, cruel man. Please change your username.

[/end sarcasm]

I didn't know signing up to this board required me to sign a "political correctness" form.

Rookie ERA
    Someone has entirely too much time on her hands, I think. I'm offended by American flags, but ya don't hear me complaining.

Crow, I'm offended by your avatar. Smoking is bad for you. Don't you know that? Smoking's killed more people than all the Generalissimos ten times over.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    +rep to generalissimo.

good stuff!
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Rookie ERA
    What about "rockin500"? His name promotes poor grammar. He should be banned immediately.

You should follow him out the door. That avatar promotes child smoking.

Rookie ERA
    So does your govt.
    "I ♥ NY."

-John Rocker

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast