Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn you Microsoft.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Damn you Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    We got an XBOX 360 in 2005, a week or two shy of Christmas. Last summer it finally died, red ring of death. Microsoft though extended it's warranty policy and repaired it. Of course we didn't get a new one and we got another old one. Today (a month or so after the warranty was over), the system got RRoD again.

The XBOX being dead is one thing, something I could probably get over. But my brother and I have a wicked dynasty going in NHL 09 where we committed to playing every game of the season, positioned locked each game at the same spots (C and LW.) We were two games from finishing our season and facing the #8 seed in the Western Conference. We've been riding a hot streak for quite some time after dropping six in a row and trading for Sundin on the trade deadline. So so lame it had to die now.

Seriously, if you have yet to get a system, go for the PS3. It has never given me problems, runs quietly, plays Blu-Rays/.avi's/etc, and has a great lineup coming out. The 360 is a good system, but I know more people who have had their systems die than not (granted not much more, but a lot more than Microsoft claims with their failure statistics.)

/ rant
    havent gotten the red ring of death yet, what I get is that after 45 minutes of playing it stops reading the disc. and the console has to be restarted. it sucks! Ive had it for 4 years.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Lost Football Fan
    Rookie ERA

I've had my 360 since about mid 2007 and it's never given me a single problem.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I am pretty sure it was the earlier models that had the problems but I could be mistaken.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My roommate has never had any real issues with his 360, he's had it since... hm. Late 2006 maybe? He did have from time to time, issues with a wireless and not wireless mics working.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So what I am getting from this conversation is that I should most likely purchase a PS3 to go along with my new TV?

It's a no brainer. The PS3 has blu ray, if you watch one of those instead of a DVD, you'll never go back. The cheapest blu ray is 250 or so. For a hundred bucks more you can get a PS3.

MLB ERA

Mission...NHL 09 for me on PS3...

One entire Be A Pro Mode.

I've played ~75 games and scored ~125 goals.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Fitzwell View Post
    It's a no brainer. The PS3 has blu ray, if you watch one of those instead of a DVD, you'll never go back. The cheapest blu ray is 250 or so. For a hundred bucks more you can get a PS3.
    I've watched Blu Ray on my HDTV....I've gone back.

While it's very nice I still don't like paying 35 bucks for a movie when I can get it for 15-20.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was buying DVD's when BlockBuster had a single rack of them and aisle after aisle of VHS. The prices were high then too, but they came down.

You have a Blu-Ray player, you continue to buy DVDs for the flicks that you don't care about having a Blu-Ray for and splurge for those that you do want (like how many people got The Dark Knight this Christmas when they got their Blu-Ray.)

MLB ERA

I'm definitely getting Dark Night on Blu Ray. (I know it's already out, just haven't gotten around to getting it yet.)

I will splurge for the best ones.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Lost Football Fan
    Rookie ERA

Does anyone else find certain movies look too real on Blu-Ray? Like you start to become aware the characters are performing on a stage?

MLB ERA

That's an interesting point. I read in a magazine once that video game developers make the characters in the game purposely a little less than lifelike, because tests show that gamers get a bit freaked out by the reality of the graphics. maybe it's a similar phenomenon you're seeing
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Lost Football Fan
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    That's an interesting point. I read in a magazine once that video game developers make the characters in the game purposely a little less than lifelike, because tests show that gamers get a bit freaked out by the reality of the graphics. maybe it's a similar phenomenon you're seeing
    Well I've only seen a handful of Blu-ray movies. Indian Jones was the most obvious, from the first scene I became really aware that they were performing on a studio stage, but some movies looked fine.

Like The Dark Knight, which just looked awesome.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

same shit man... my initial xbox died under warranty, so i sent it back to microsoft to fix it. i get that ****er back, and like a month or two after warranty ended, i got the rrod again. so i just caved and bought a new one, too manyonline leagues and shit.

for the record, nhl 09 is indeed ****ing bonkers. i havent played a game offline in... years... til i bought this game. right out of the case, it had me pulled in.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Update: It took me awhile, but Microsoft was totally willing to take the system back even though the original warranty was gone (it must have been under a new repair warranty that I didn't know.) Got my system back (was hoping for a newer one with an HDMI port, but I can't complain) and it is working. The little bro and I finished our NHL 09 season, Thornton ended up with 56 goals (one more than Ovechkin) to lead the league and now our team is on the brink of elimination against the Wild.

I got Skate 2 this weekend for the 360 so I am looking forward to some good times. Just happy to have my system back and working though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast