Thread: Lesser known music you think everyone should know about

MLB ERA

Music Lesser known music you think everyone should know about

While we were on Buckcheeks' hot seat thread, we got into a nice discussion about a few bands we thought were "underrated." While I don't think I used the right term there, I always like learning about new music and bands that are lesser known. I know Porter did this with his iPhone, but this thread is STRICTLY for bands/artists that are lesser known, or "underrated," that you think are really good and should be known to all.

Here are a few by me:

Fiction Plane - a lot like U2, opened for The Police when I saw them at Renschler field (spelling?), and I instantly went out and bought their CD
    Ra - some great pump up stuff
    3OH!3 - Some hilarious rock/rap/metal. It's really hard core, and is really good for parties. It's some intense stuff, but they're real good I think.

Post your bands and some songs by them here!! And feel free to discuss things.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Re: Lesser known music you think everyone should know about

Of course.. from my older generation of stuff... because today's music basically sucks ass

Yngwie Malmsteen - Yeah, the vocals suck, but the master of melding classical and heavy metal. One of the most technically proficient guitarists ever.

Brian Setzer & The Stray Cats - Yeah, people may know "Stray Cat Strut" or "Rock This Town", and may know Setzer with his orchestral work now.. but this band put a new/old spin on rock in their youth.

Accept - All you have to do is listen to "Balls to the Wall" and you'll be wondering how this band did not emerge among the greats of hard rock

Faith No More - Their best stuff was the stuff other than the popular "Epic" album, but nobody bought it... Angel Dust is one of best albums of the early 90's
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Jose Canseco injected me Buckcheeks's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

3oh!3..lol

I'll post links to each one soon.

I'd go with:
    Bayside(my second favorite band)
    FAME on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Blue October(though they're getting bigger..their new song Dirt Room is up on their myspace page..it's soo good.)
    BLUE OCTOBER on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Here's the video for Dirt Room:
    Premieres on Yahoo! Music

Nightmare of You(their self titled album is one of my favorites)
    NIGHTMARE OF YOU on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Name Taken(they broke up years ago..skip the first song if you go to their page)
    Name Taken on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Number One Fan(broke up)
    Number One Fan on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Copeland(mellow stuff..same with Number One Fan)
    Copeland - You Are My Sunshine on vinyl now!!! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Owl City(mellow, electronic stuff..not techno at all)
    Owl City on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Fame(known him since second grade..FAME on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads)

The Matches(saw them on Halloween with Bayside, and they stole the show dressed as Batman characters)
    The Matches on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Valencia
    VALENCIA (NEW TOUR DATES POSTED!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Blindside(from Sweden...been around awhile..just announced that they're working on a new album)
    Blindside on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

This Day and Age(the singer left the band and they formed the next band on my list)
    This Day & Age on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The Reign of Kindo(jazzy rock..singer is awesome)
    This Day & Age on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I Am the Avalanche(former singer of the Movielife)
    I AM THE AVALANCHE on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

And finally..this was a local band when I lived in New York..they were from the town I lived in. They put on THE best show I think I've ever seen, but that was when they had a DJ, but he's left the band and I haven't seen them since. But they are killer and should be signed soon.

Phantasm
    I AM THE AVALANCHE on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    LeagueTeamGM Recordcurrent seasondivisionWCLDSLCSWSYears active
    TBSLHouston Astros78-842011000002010-Present

Jose Canseco injected me Buckcheeks's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

And Two Tongues, but they pretty much formed recently. Plus I'm sure they WILL be huge. It's the singer from Say Anything and the singer from Saves the Day's side project. Pretty good stuff, especially if you like the other two bands.

Two Tongues on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    LeagueTeamGM Recordcurrent seasondivisionWCLDSLCSWSYears active
    TBSLHouston Astros78-842011000002010-Present

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    3OH!3 - Some hilarious rock/rap/metal. It's really hard core, and is really good for parties. It's some intense stuff, but they're real good I think.
    My roomie will not stop playing that group. That song that's called something like "Don't trust me". It was ok at first, but now I can't stand it at all.

MLB ERA

Rush