Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My college beat Kansas in overtime!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: My college beat Kansas in overtime!

No, ND has been better the past TWO years. There is no maybe about it!

MLB ERA

I think LJ just shot down your point of them being better in the "last few years." The last 2 years is feasible, yes, ND has been better. But the "last few years," it's very debatable
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

So they're better because of the 1 extra NCAA Tourney win over 2 years? Not to mention that Cuse (by EVERYONE'S account) should have been in the NCAA Tourney too in 2006-2007. So, in reality ND has been better for one year. You act like Syracuse has been awful for 5 years, when they've done just as well as ND (save for last year)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Ok and this should end this stupid debate!

In 06-07, ND beat Syracuse twice while having a better record. ND lost the Big East championship to Geaorgetown by two points. SU was a bubble team that year, ND wasn't. Bubble teams means it could go either way. Syracuse did not BELONG in the NCAA tourney that year. Not debatable ND was better than Syracuse.

In 07-08, ND beat Syracuse and made the NCAA tourney again while SU did not.

Nothing ND has done has come undeserved. Syracuse getting more attention now over ND would be undeserved. I am objective and living in the now, not five years ago. This year ND has beaten the #7 team, SU the #18 and #23 teams. Impressive but not as deserving as ND.

MLB ERA

I think you might be the only one in the world right now who thinks Syracuse didn't deserve to be in the tournament 2 years ago

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Ok and this should end this stupid debate!

In 06-07, ND beat Syracuse twice while having a better record. ND lost the Big East championship to Geaorgetown by two points. SU was a bubble team that year, ND wasn't. Bubble teams means it could go either way. Syracuse did not BELONG in the NCAA tourney that year. Not debatable ND was better than Syracuse.

In 07-08, ND beat Syracuse and made the NCAA tourney again while SU did not.

Nothing ND has done has come undeserved. Syracuse getting more attention now over ND would be undeserved. I am objective and living in the now, not five years ago.

Please note that ND beat SU last year with two of SU's best players hurt. Please also note that Syracuse by all accounts was NOT a bubble team in 2006-2007. Please remember the 6 teams that got in in 2006-2007 that did not deserve it as much as Syracuse. Please remember the outrage on ESPN that the committee was so wrong. Please realize that you're talking about a team that does not get any respect(in Syracuse) when they deserve it. They earned it by winning 21 games with 7 active players last year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nope, a lot of other objective people thought the same as me. 19-12 while being 9-9 in their conference isn't going to cut it, especially when losing their first game in the Big East tourney.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Nope, a lot of other objective people thought the same as me. 19-12 while being 9-9 in their conference isn't going to cut it, especially when losing their first game in the Big East tourney.
    You mean 22-10 and 10-6 in one of the best conferences in the nation? Umm, I'm pretty sure everyone thought they should be in.

MLB ERA

I meant 2 years ago, not last year. I edited the post

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Please note that ND beat SU last year with two of SU's best players hurt. Please also note that Syracuse by all accounts was NOT a bubble team in 2006-2007. Please remember the 6 teams that got in in 2006-2007 that did not deserve it as much as Syracuse. Please remember the outrage on ESPN that the committee was so wrong. Please realize that you're talking about a team that does not get any respect(in Syracuse) when they deserve it. They earned it by winning 21 games with 7 active players last year.
    Yes Syracuse was a bubble team that year. You know how I know that? THAT DIDN'T ****ING MAKE IT!! They had to win the BE champsionship to get in and did not. Who bounced them out?? Oh yeah, ND. Even if they did make it, ND beat them twice that year!!Your homerism is starting to be annoying when the facts PROVE ND has been better.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    You mean 22-10 and 10-6 in one of the best conferences in the nation? Umm, I'm pretty sure everyone thought they should be in.
    Yeah that year when ND beat them. NYG edited his post.

MLB ERA

Last year, ND was better. 2006-2007 was close. Both teams could easily have made the NCAA tourney. Only one did. Doesn't mean everything. Just ask USC about their shared National Title in football, even tho they didn't play in the Championship Game. Committees are not always right. You're looking at 2 years, and ignoring that Syracuse was mind blowingly better for a significant amount of time before that.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes because two years is a lot more telling than five years ago. No one was even still in school five years ago. This isn't the pros where kids just hang around. its ****ing dumb to go back that far. And no, 06-07 wasn't close. ND beat SU twice meaning they were undoubtedly better!!! Its not a debate so please stop trying!!

MLB ERA

Whatever. Syracuse was better for 6+ years, was (at worst) ONE step below ND in 2006-2007, was worse last year, and is undefeated this year. You can keep acting like ND is godly, and keep telling me that beating the last 2 teams to win the Nat'l Championship means nothing, but you're wrong. End of story.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

How in the **** am I acting like ND is ungodly when I am comparing them to Syracuse? Please wrap your mind around that!! If I thought ND was ungodly, I would be comparing them to a team that has actually been relevant the past couple of seasons like UNC. I saw a stupid, bullshit argument and I gave my honest and OBJECTIVE opinion. Please stop acting like Syracuse deserves as much credit as Notre Dame does now because you are wrong!! End of story!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast