Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My college beat Kansas in overtime!

MLB ERA

Re: My college beat Kansas in overtime!

Also keep in mind that this was really a road game. I know it will go down as a neutral site, but anyone that watched that game knows that the stadium was 85% or more Kansas fans.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Notre Dame FOOTBALL is talked about more than they should. They hardly ever speak of the basketball team. Notre Dame has built a good program over the years while Syracuse's has diminished over that same time. Notre Dame did lose to a better Washington State team last year in the tourney. What is your point? They can't be a better team this year because of that?? Syracuse is off to a great start. We aren't underrating them, we're also not overrating them either.

MLB ERA

There's been a lot of talk about ND Basketball the past few years. And to be honest, they've been good, but not as good as ESPN makes them out to be. Syracuse's program has not made the Tourney for 2 years, right. But they have also made the tourney for 25 of 32 seasons. In fact, this is only the 2nd time in his tenure that we've missed for 2 straight years. It's not like we've been bad. We should have been in the tourney in 2007, and last year we still won 21 games with half our roster hurt. I'm just telling you that Cuse is not just beating "overhyped" teams, and deserves just as much credit as ND does.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I don;t see how you can say that Syracuse deserves as much credit when Notre Dame has been better. As someone who watches Sportscenter religiously, Notre Dame basketball does not get that much hype. This thread is the only thing overhyping Kansas basketball.

MLB ERA

I think this argument is a moot point until later in the season when we get a better determination of how the 2 teams play.......like when they face each other
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Well the argument could be over tonight when ND plays UNC, now of course I don't expect to win but if we do, I think the better team will be clearly distinguished
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Agreed. But if they don't win you don't learn anything about them unless they get absolutely trashed. And even then I don't think you learn anything about ND because UNC is so good, they could trash almost any team right now

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

How is it a moot point? You guys think Syracuse deserves the same credit than a team that has been better over the past few years.

MLB ERA

I didn't say that, LJ did. I do think the team is underrated this year because of last year's performance, which was basically due to ridiculous injuries, but I'm not ready to crown them nat'l champs or anything

MLB ERA

In 2003-2004, Notre Dame was 19-13 and lost in the 3rd round of the NIT. Syracuse was 23-8 and lost in the 3rd round of the NCAA Tourney.

In 2004-2005, Notre Dame was 17-12 and lost in the first round of the NIT. Syracuse was 27-7 and lost in the first round of the NCAA Tourney.

In 2005-2006, Notre Dame was 16-14 and lost in the second round of the NIT. Syracuse was 23-12 and lost in the first round of the NCAA Tourney.

In 2006-2007, Notre Dame was 24-8 and lost in the first round of the NCAA tourney. Syracuse was 24-11 and lost in the 3rd round of the NIT.

In 2007-2008, Notre Dame was 25-8 and lost in the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney. Syracuse was 21-14 and lost in the 3rd round of the NIT.

Now, last year, ND was much better. In 2006-2007, ND was better but not by much. For the 3 years before that, Syracuse was better EVERY SINGLE YEAR. And do I need to mention 2002-2003? I think not. As a whole, over the last 5 or 6 years, Syracuse has been as good or better.

MLB ERA

LJ is right on that one...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Who has been the better team most recently? Its not even a debate. ND deserves more credit NOW than SU. I am the only objective voice in the matter.

MLB ERA

Well which is it? Now or the last few years?

MLB ERA

ND has been better for one year, MAYBE 2, but 2006-2007 was pretty damn close and arguable. Other than last year, Syracuse was pretty much as good.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The last couple of years which is why, in the now, they are more deserving. SU hasn't made the NCAA tourney in two years!! They should get credit based on the history of Syracuse?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast