Thread: Hope you weren't attached to these ABC shows

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

TV Hope you weren't attached to these ABC shows

Cleanin' house

Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money and Eli Stone Axed
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    November 20, 2008

ABC made numerous midseason programming announcements Thursday, including ordering more episodes of "Life on Mars" and deciding against picking up "Pushing Daisies," "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Eli Stone" for a full season, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The network informed producers of "Daisies," "Money" and "Stone" that no additional hours will be ordered at this time. The network left the door open for ordering episodes in the future, though that is considered unlikely.

The trio remain on the schedule for next week, and "Money" and "Stone" will finish their current production order (on their 12th and 13th episodes, respectively). "Daisies" has finished shooting.

Starting on Dec. 11, ABC will put "Mars" on hiatus and move "Private Practice" into its time period, giving the medical drama a "Grey's Anatomy" lead-in. "Practice" will air in repeats until it returns to originals Jan. 8.

"Mars" will return at 10 p.m. Jan. 28, airing after "Lost," which premieres the previous week.

"Scrubs" will have its ABC premiere at 9 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 6. ABC will air an hour of back-to-back episodes for two weeks, then "Scrubs" will settle in as a single half-hour at 9:30 p.m.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: Hope you weren't attached to these ABC shows

I never saw it but I heard from someone who watched it that Pushing Daisies was actually pretty good. It had an interesting premise. A man has the power to bring back anything dead to life by touching it. But if he touches it ever again, it dies. Also, if he brings something back to life, and leaves it alive for 1 minute or more, something else dies in its place. So the guy brings this girl back to life that he loves, but he can never touch her. Interesting I think. But I never cared enough to watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I got a few more shows they need to cancel so it will stop dumbing down America.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I watched both Eli Stone and Pushing Daisies. Daisies is definitely done, although DSM and Stone seem to have their future left up in the air a bit more. I could see both being done as well, but I wouldn't be shocked if ABC ends up ordering more for one of those shows.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I got a few more shows they need to cancel so it will stop dumbing down America.
    Rarely, if ever, are the shows canceled the ones at the root of the problem. Rome gets canceled and Kevin McKidd goes on to star in the good, but not as good, Journeyman. Journeyman gets the axe and he goes over to Grey's Anatomy and finally finds success, its just with the least intelligent plot of any of those shows with the amount of creativity.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Anthony Anderson is...Law and Order. Next up, Jerry O'Connell is...The People's Court.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Anthony Anderson is hardcore, yo.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Rarely, if ever, are the shows canceled the ones at the root of the problem. Rome gets canceled and Kevin McKidd goes on to star in the good, but not as good, Journeyman. Journeyman gets the axe and he goes over to Grey's Anatomy and finally finds success, its just with the least intelligent plot of any of those shows with the amount of creativity.
    Journeyman was doomed from the start, just about anything that's in the 10pm slot on mondays has no chance. My Own Worst Enemy joined the club.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Journeyman was doomed from the start, just about anything that's in the 10pm slot on mondays has no chance. My Own Worst Enemy joined the club.
    Oh I know, but NBC can surprise (as of late especially) with not giving up on shows that have a creative premise worth fighting for. ABC or CBS giving the axe to whatever doesn't surprise me, but I think a lot of fellow Journeyman fans were hoping they would move it out of that time slot and give it another chance. And that Slater show, despite the much bigger budget, actually did worse in the 10 PM slot than did Journeyman.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Christian Slater will do that for you.

CBS has only gotten rid of The Ex List so far. ABC has done the most early on.
    Ted