Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Out And Vote!!

MLB ERA

Re: Get Out And Vote!!

You can't "waste" a vote. A vote is a calling of your choice for who you think it the better candidate. It's not like rollover minutes, where you get to keep your votes if you don't use them. They go away if you don't use it, so you can't waste a vote. The only way to waste a vote is to vote uneducated. It is your duty to not only vote but to make an educated vote that is to the best of your ability. If you don't like the candidates, suck it up and maybe you should register in a party so you can vote in the primaries. Then you have a say in who's the candidate.

Your argument of wasting a vote is ridiculous because it's not like you get to keep it if you don't feel like using it on someone who's sub par
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This is a stupid debate. Everyone feels differently and that's just how it is. If you believe that you should always vote in every election, then by all means go out and vote in every election and don't waste your vote. But if someone else doesn't think that they need to vote in any given election, then you can't force them to vote and it's no use patronizing them. To each their own.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Voting just to do it is wasting your vote!! I agree with it being an educated vote but you're saying to just suck it up!! That's the dumbest shit I ever heard!! "Both candidates are shit but I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and choose between shit and shit." Doesn't make any sense and its why elections get so ****ed up and why we are in the situation we are in. If you do not like any candidate then you must not vote!! Flipping a coin and voting helps nothing!! Its like the South Park episode when they had to decide between a shit sandwich and a giant douche. You shouldn'tvote if you don;t like either of them.

MLB ERA

If you should think both candidates are shit then maybe instead of sitting at home moping about how our country sucks you should get involved in the system and work for a change
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    If you should think both candidates are shit then maybe instead of sitting at home moping about how our country sucks you should get involved in the system and work for a change
    My thoughts exactly!! Doesn't mean you have to vote!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    As would any intelligent soul.
    only because youd legalize pot, youd have my vote for the rest of eternity.

MLB ERA

Well I disagree with that completely. Everyone has the right to complain. This is my first time voting and have always complained. Its not my fault Americans only get two people to vote for. A real freedom of choice there But if you want to try and make a difference to better your future and this country's, then you get out and vote.
    On my ballot this morning there were 5 candidates for president, no vote= no complaining but seriously vote cause people have died for you to, so respect them and do it.
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

And its a damn shame you never heard of the other three men running for president before you picked up your ballot!! That goes to my whole point about a lack of choices. Only two parties get all the money, media and debate time. The illusion of choice spirngs its ugly head.They died for me to live in a free world, not to vote for someone I might not think is worthy to run!! Complete ignorance right there!! That's like saying you don;t support the troops if you are against the war in Iraq. I like to stay in the real world.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

just got back myself...gotta love going during down times. I was there all of 5 minutes tops. There were 6 choices on my ballot. These were the parties:

Democratic
    Republican
    Constitution
    Libertarian
    Green
    Independent

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Cast the absentee last week.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Well I disagree with that completely. Everyone has the right to complain. This is my first time voting and have always complained. Its not my fault Americans only get two people to vote for. A real freedom of choice there But if you want to try and make a difference to better your future and this country's, then you get out and vote.
    You didn't vote in 2000 as well?(not trying to nitpick or anything)

MLB ERA

They go through elections??? You have got to be shitting me!!!! What the hell is your point??
    That you have more than 2 options.

I thought the point was pretty self explanatory.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    If you don't vote, you're not allowed to complain because you didn't put out the effort to make sure whoever you're complaining about got voted out. That's why you can't complain. The only excuse not to vote is laziness. The excuse that "neither candidate is good" is stupid because you then have to pick which is the least bad. There's no excuse besides laziness, and therefore if you're too lazy to exercise the right that other people die for and all it takes is to drive a few miles to a voting booth, you can't complain
    bullshit. a) my vote doesnt matter here in illinois. Satan could run for president and if he was a democrat, he'd have an outstanding chance of winning here. Hell Saddam could have run and won if he were a democrat.

A decision to not vote is a decision to not support any of these idiots. I dont like McCain enough to vote for him, and I would sooner slit my wrists and throat than vote for a Chicago politician.

Voting to vote is worse than anything else you can do because it just feeds the system.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

I think you guys actually make valid points in regards to not voting for the President once it gets down to two candidates that you could very well equally not like.

BUT....it's not as though the Presidential election is the only thing on the ballot, you know.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    BUT....it's not as though the Presidential election is the only thing on the ballot, you know.
    And winner of this debate by knockout, HollywoodLeo.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast