4 36.36%
  • XBOX 360

7 63.64%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanting to upgrade

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Question Wanting to upgrade

I've been wanting to upgrade to a new gaming system. I currently rock the PS2, and have about 25 games or so (only really play like...4 of them).

I've played both the 360 and the PS3...just kinda stuck at which one to get.

I have a 40" 1080 tv, so HDMI stuff wouldn't matter either way.

Just trying to see what you guys think.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Wanting to upgrade

What's your favorite type of game (genres or specific titles)?

MLB ERA

Dude. X-Box. I'm serious. The PS3 melts itself and freezes a lot, I've seen it. The graphics are ridiculous, but it's not worth the hit in gaming experience and glitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Sports, driving, some FPS. That's about it.
    -Chris

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Dude. X-Box. I'm serious. The PS3 melts itself and freezes a lot, I've seen it. The graphics are ridiculous, but it's not worth the hit in gaming experience and glitches.
    What? I am not biased in this as I have both, but the XBOX has known problems in overheating and just burning out in general (red rings of death.) We had to get our's replaced by Microsoft and it's such a problem that they replace units after the warranty was up (like our's was.) Maybe there are issues with newer P3S's but I got a 60 GB one from batch a few months after launch and it hasn't had any problems at all.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by henks View Post
    Sports, driving, some FPS. That's about it.
    Sports and driving are pretty close. With sports you'll get Sony titles like MLB The Show exclusive for the PS3. Driving/racing is pretty close too as most of the major games are on both systems, but both consoles have their own unique games (ie Project Gotham for the XBOX, Gran Turismo for the PS3.) But with FPS, the XBOX has the current advantage with games like Halo 3, Gears of War and better online modes for the FPS type of games. Both systems again will have some heavy hitters exclusive for FPS's, like Gears of War 2 for the XBOX and Killzone 2 for the PS3. But if you like to play those games online like my brother does, the XBOX is the better bet.

To me it comes down to a choice between a superior online system or the Blu-Ray player that the PS3 has. Both systems will have some great games for those genres coming out for it though in the upcoming months and many of the big titles will come to both systems (Midnight Club, Fallout 3, etc.)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Where do you get your info from? I have had a 60 GB PS3 since literally the day it was released and have NEVER had a single issue with it. And I leave it on for hours on end, so if it was gonna overheat, it would have.

On the other hand, the XBOX 360 that my friend has has gotten the red lights of death 3 times in about a year and a half. My other friend got one 2 months ago, and just got the red lights about a week ago.

So, if you ask me, I'll still say PS3 is the better choice, especially with the incredible graphics.

MLB ERA

That's interesting. I've never heard of an X Box overheating. I just in general like the X Boxes better because of (from what i've seen) lack of technical problems, along with better games in general. I still think Halo 3 is one of the best FPS's ever.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Where do you get your info from? I have had a 60 GB PS3 since literally the day it was released and have NEVER had a single issue with it. And I leave it on for hours on end, so if it was gonna overheat, it would have.

On the other hand, the XBOX 360 that my friend has has gotten the red lights of death 3 times in about a year and a half. My other friend got one 2 months ago, and just got the red lights about a week ago.

So, if you ask me, I'll still say PS3 is the better choice, especially with the incredible graphics.
    You're the one I've heard of it freezing from!!! Don't give me this never had a single issue bullcrap

MLB ERA

You're right, it has frozen, but what system doesnt? I mean, it has frozen a couple of times in its lifetime. However, all I have to do is restart the system. On the other hand, the 360 gets the red lights of death, and it has to be shipped out to be repaired, and you lose your system for 2 weeks.

MLB ERA

I own both any my XBOX has never overheated while my PS3 has overheated on multiple occasions, its annoying and thats why I've stopped playing it. XBOX is the way to go as the XBOX online features and availability are greater and greatly improve the gaming quality
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Every person that got a X360 has sold it, had problems with it (RRoD) or hated it. Ive only had one problem with the PS3, and he had the old school 80 GB.

And about the Online, Id rather play for free and not pay for it (X360). I mean you already pay for the service through your provider. Why should we pay for your network as well, Mr Gates.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I don't know how much playing online I will do though, too. I was unaware that you didn't have to pay for online gaming with the PS3, but then again how popular is it with the PS3?
    -Chris

MLB ERA

It's pretty popular. I love the free online play. Not to mention that it can be either wireless or wired connection to online lobbies.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Its fairly popular, not exactly sure in comparison with XBox Live.

But I didn't see a huge difference at all, my best friend had both systems. Loved the original XBOX and hated the 360. Hated the PS2 and loved the PS3. It just depends on your style.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast