Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please keep my family in your thoughts...

MLB ERA

Story Please keep my family in your thoughts...

im utterly speechless here.... and i want to get somethings off my chest if im allowed to... if this is off topic it can be moved to the correct forum, i just really am unsure where to post it.... major apologies in

i was awoken this morning by my dad and literally had to pinch myself to see if i was still sleeping..... sometime in the middle of the night, my cousin, who is my best and probably only remaining friend, was involved in a hit & run while he was standing outside of his suv checking out a noise he heard. it was more than likely by a drunk driver (what else... **** this world), and the guy was going over 70 on the kennedy. my cousins girlfriend is still in shock and didnt get any of the guys info or anything, and hasnt been of much help up to this point as is.

my cousin is on a ventilator/breathing machine and one of his legs will likely have to be amputated..... this is a kid who is highly active, and 90% of his work consists of labor. he is 32, and his whole life has basically been an uphill struggle pretty much to get to this point. he bought his first new car only two weeks ago.. (although he wasnt driving it lastnight). one of his jobs was actually to take care of my brother, who has downs syndrome. he formed a great bond with my brother during the time which they were sharing...

i really dont know why im posting all of this..... i usually am very against sharing personal information on message boards...... but i really have no one to turn to anymore. he was really one of the few (well, more like the only person) people i had left. my life has been borderline chaotic lately. 2 days ago i was arrested for the 2nd time in a year (i wont share why, i dont think thats neccesary), im battling a pretty severe drug addiction, and my anxiety and depression is at an all time high....... but i really dont care about any of that; i just want my cousin mike to be ok.... it really puts things into perspective. Life is so precious.

i know he may have to walk with a prosthetic.... the thing that fears me is he and i have even had convos, where he has talked of offing himself should he ever wind up in a situation like this. and low and behold, look what happens. we talked about this as recent as two weeks ago.... if/when he comes off the ventilator, and if he needs lots of therapy, im going to be there every step of the way. I'm going to help that guy so much... hes meant the world to me these past 2 years as corny as that sounds, but he really has. he's been my mentor.

its so screwed up... he texted me before the cubs game... asked me if i was going to watch the flubs.... i asked him if he was going to watch the sux tomorrow.... and then this happens. I realize I'm probably just rambling now, but it really does help to get this stuff off of my chest. Even if no one will probably read through all of it

ill end this now.... but please keep my family in your throughts and for those who are religious, prayers.... it would mean so much to me. im so scared right now..... like i said, i guess until something like this happens to you, you really dont understand it as much. my cousin is such a good person, such a hard worker, and did not deserve this at all. if you knew him, you'd understand what I mean..... such a good kid...... and he cares so much about my brother.... it's so unfortunate how cruel this world can be

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Please keep my family in your thoughts...

I will keep your fam in the thoughts and prayers.

I know whats its like to go through on the depression thing. Just keep your head up, things will work itsself out.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

**** man...that's really horrible to hear. Trust that I'll be thinking of your cousin, and your family. Sounds like your cousin will be lucky to have someone like you to help him recover though...but I will be thinking of you guys for sure and I hope everything works out.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I'm sorry to hear that bro. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Life comes first and you should do whatever you need to do man. Take care.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Exactly what Prov said. Do what you gotta do to take care of the fam first....and you know we're all here for ya.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Dang bro, that sucks and I'm terribly sorry. Life can be tough but you jut gotta keep your head up and everything will be okay. Your cousin will be in my prayers and I hope he has a speedy recovery. Good luck with everything bud, take care man.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You and your family will always be in my prayers, nick. Stay strong! You can do this! And never forget that we'll always be here for you - your virtual, baseball-loving, S3F family.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

All the best to you and your family.

MLB ERA

A little update....

his ****ing ****, alcoholic "girlfriend".... it looks like she ****ing hit him with his car while drunk, and dragged him and his leg along the road. Everyone, including me, has told him to get away from her for god knows how long now..... because she is toxic. He even knew it. It just looks like it's going to take this for him to finally realize it.

She's a ****ing freshman teacher too..... but at the least, if there is an investiation and it goes well, maybe she'll be put away so the **** scum cant drive drunk anymore. This is a person who drives drunk like we talk baseball here.

may she rot in one way or another

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Wow nick. That is just awful. I'm really sorry man. If you need to talk about anything I'm always on AIM. You know that. I'm here for you, just like everyone else on the forums. I'm keepin you in my thoughts, and good luck with everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

thank all of you guys for your thoughts and prayers... it means a lot to me. I'm trying my hardest to just stay calm and go through my daily routine, but it's really really hard. Every second something is just a constant reminder.... you almost feel guilty that it wasn't you it happened to.

Tomorrow he is supposed to be woken from the medical sleep and taken off of the breathing machine ... I'm probably off on a lot of this terminology, i'm getting all of the info from my mother who is getting it from other family members... but either way, once I actually get to see him it'll make things a lot easier.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's terrible, Nick. Best wishes man, stay strong for the family.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

thanks cORy WaDe! you're a good chum

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Nick, hope everything works out ok. Hang in there man!

Best of luck nick. Hope everything turns out ok.
    TBSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2010-present
    Former TSSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2019-2020 163-161 .501
    Former TSSL manager of the Toronto Blue Jays 2018-2019 record- 118-206 % .364
    Former CSSL manager of the San Fransisco giants 42-40 % .512

overall record 323-407 pct: .442

www.youtube.com/packersrock58
    christopher_stone_1@msn.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast