Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bernie Mac Died at age 50

Rookie
    Rookie ERA

Re: Bernie Mac Died at age 50

Wow, Thats sad. I was never a big fan of his shows but i loved his charecter in the Oceans movies. RIP sir Mac

Official Strike 3 Forums NIT Champion 2008

MLB ERA

wow, that's two great comedians in the past month or so. Another sad day for comedy. RIP Bernie...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Never put Bernie Mac and George Carlin in the same sentence!! That is an insult to George and to comedy itself!! Bernie is someone I will not miss.

MLB ERA

Well that's kinda dicked up Reef. R.I.P. Bernie, always sad to see someone die so young.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Rookie
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Never put Bernie Mac and George Carlin in the same sentence!! That is an insult to George and to comedy itself!! Bernie is someone I will not miss.
    Though there styles were very different, Both comedians were very influential and very important to comedy. They always come in 3's so be on the lookout for a 3rd fatality. I mean at least Bernie mac never did Shining time station.

I'm an avid comedy club goer, I go about once a week to Go Bananas a local club ive seen everyone from Seinfeld to Mitch Hedberg. Its always sad to see someone who gives the gift of laughter die.

Official Strike 3 Forums NIT Champion 2008

MLB ERA

Listen Reefer, I'm one of the biggest fans of George Carlin. Agreed, that Bernie wasn't in that same tier of the annals of comedy, but don't insult Bernie Mac either.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bernie Mac was not that influential and should never ever be in the same sentence with Carlin. Carlin was a legend and one of the funniest, smartest people ever to live. Bernie Mac was far from that. Do not insult Carlin by putting them even close to the same level. If saying I won't miss him is insulting, that's your problem. Bernie Mac was not important to comedy, not influential and his standup was pretty weak. I personally will not miss him as I found him to be a terrible actor and comedian. Calling Bernie Mac great is an insult to greatness. I am just being honest.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You know Bernie Mac was still better than most comedians out there but you dont see me insulting 3/4ths of the Blue Collar Comedy Crew. Not in a situation of this.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

I liked B-Mac, I have watched some of his movies and shows, he was pretty hilarious IMO, was he the best comedian in the world? Probably not, but he sure as hell was funny. He will be missed, RIP B-Mac.

MLB ERA

i watched some of his stuff but never really liked it

RIP
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was turned off by his usual role in movies as the prejudiced black man, but I thought he had the best act in the Original Kings of Comedy, and his TV show was entertaining.

MLB ERA

I never said he was close to Carlin. Trust me, I've listened to more Carlin than most people twice my age. I love Carlin, he's incredible. However, I found Bernie to be entertaining, and it was sad for the comedy world to lose two major comedians within a month. They were not on the same level, Carlin was much much more influential, but Bernie had SOME effects on the world of comedy, just not as many as Carlin did.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Bernie Mac was not that influential and should never ever be in the same sentence with Carlin. Carlin was a legend and one of the funniest, smartest people ever to live. Bernie Mac was far from that. Do not insult Carlin by putting them even close to the same level. If saying I won't miss him is insulting, that's your problem. Bernie Mac was not important to comedy, not influential and his standup was pretty weak. I personally will not miss him as I found him to be a terrible actor and comedian. Calling Bernie Mac great is an insult to greatness. I am just being honest.
    You're not being honest, you're being outlandish. You are correct to say that Carlin and Mac were not on the same level. But you are RIDICULOUS to say that Bernie Mac was not influential to comedy. That statement is just unbelievable to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Agreed gf...this is very sad news, I didn't know Mac overly well but I loved him in the Ocean's movies. RIP.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast