Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Night for the Ages (at least in my book)

MLB ERA

Story A Night for the Ages (at least in my book)

OK folks. Here it is. The moment you've all been waiting for. This is the story of last night, the night that Browntown, Dry, and Giantsfan all met up for a Yankee game. And it turned into, at least for me, one of the most memorable nights of my life. Here is a minute by minute account of the afternoon/night.

Ok so first, I drove to the train station. Incase any of you know the area, I was taking the MetroNorth from Southeast to White Plains, and connect there and go to Woodlawn. The plan was for Dry to meet me there in his car, we drive to the Woodlawn subway station, and then take the 4 directly to Yankee Stadium.

So I get to Southeast, and there are 2 lots, pay lot and permit lot. Pay lot was ABSOLUTELY filled to the brim. So I said f*ck it and parked in the permit lot. Let's hope I don't get a ticket....

So I got on the train, got to White Plains, connected to Woodlawn, an 80 minute ride alltogether.

Dry tells me at the Woodlawn station, go up the stairs and go to the Mobil station, and wait on the edge there for his car. Seeing as I have never met this kid except for on the internet...mad sketchy. But I did it anyways cuz I'm kind of stupid. After about 15 minutes, this car rolls down its window in the middle of the traffic in front of me (it was really backlogged) and goes "YO!!!" There's the man, the legend, Dry1313, David Ryan. So I hopped in. I met his friend Mike as well. So the 3 of us drove to the Woodlawn subway stop. We parked on the side of the road, and cracked open a few Budweisers. As we drank these, we did 2 things. First, Dry and I creeped the begeezes out of his friend by stating things in conversation that we already knew about each other. Like I mentioned how I know Dry is in love with Bubba Crosby. He was like "HOW THE F*CK DO YOU KNOW THAT?" It was hilarious. The second thing we did was observe the 2 guys in front of us, who did ridiculous things like go pee in the woods next to us, and were pretty much caressing each other in the front seat of their car.

Anyways. We got to the Subway, and Mike had decided to bring 3 beers for the ride. One in his hand, and 2 in his pocket which were clinking like NONE OTHER. Hilarious.

We got to the stadium, and we met up with Brown. He had driven all over creation to find a parking spot, and in the process he had sideswiped a parked car. Lucky him, almost no damage at all to his car, only one tiny scratch we didn't find until later that his parents probably won't notice for a while.

We went in, and found our seats, following Dry who pretty much has the stadium and surrounding area memorized.

We watched the game, which was AWESOME. Pettitte was filthy, as was Kazmir, which made it all the more exciting when a Yankee got a hit or drove in runs. I had gone in to get water when Melky hit his home run, the only one of the game. I was SO MAD. O well. Great game.

After the game, we hung out for a while, walked around, and finally said goodbye to Dry and Mike. Kevin and I hung around a little longer to wait for his friend who would then proceed to take us on a tour of Yankee Stadium. Not just a regular tour, an ALL ACCESS tour, as this guy is the 2nd in command of grounds crews at Yankee Stadium. What we proceeded to see was incredible. We got on the field, in the dugouts, in the bullpens, and behind the scenes into the media rooms while NOBODY was there. We had the whole freakin stadium TO OURSELVES. It was a breathtaking experience to say the least.

Then comes the fun part.

I looked at my phone. 12:10 AM. Not too bad, I had to catch a Woodlawn train at 12:54, but I had time. But the grounds crew guy was like "Look. Here's my number. Call me whenever you're in the area, and I'll continue this with you. You don't want to cut this train close." I told him good point, and I peaced. I got the subway from the stadium to Woodlawn no prob, but by this time....I got off the subway at exactly 12:51. Don't ask me where the time went. All that went through my head is F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK. So what did I do? I sprinted. Sprinted 3 miles through sketch central down Jerome Ave and 233 ST. Did I make it? Not a chance. I sprinted for 10 minutes, and got there at exactly 1:01.

Ok. So now I'm stuck in an outdoor train station in sketch central at 1 in the morning. What did I do? I called Dry. He and his wonderful parents came and chilled with me until 2:17 when the next train came in. I was a sweaty mess, but they were really nice about me having woken them up at 1 in the morning.

Dry, you are the man.

So I made it home. But not after that. O, and I got lucky, I didn't get a ticket

Here's a little something I made from the tour:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kls_3k3nCGA"]YouTube - Brown and Bonn Tour Yankee Stadium[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Re: A Night for the Ages (at least in my book)

Pictures:

^ our best attempt at S3F

MLB ERA

^ crazy baby in front of us. Yup, it's drinking beer out of a straw......ok it's lemonade. but it sure as hell looks like beer

^ CRAZY BABY!!!

MLB ERA

Some pics from the all-access tour Brown and I got:

^ in the print media room

Videos of us on the field will come later. I'm making a sweet one you guys won't want to miss.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

good times, good times. did I read that wrong or were you guys drinking in the car while someone was driving? If you weren't, I hope you didn't leave the empty containers in there either.

MLB ERA

no, it was parked lol. We're not that stupid. And we put the bottles in a duffel bag

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

k, cool...sounds like fun man.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Man it really sounded and looks like you had a wonderful time.Great stuff.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    Ok. So now I'm stuck in an outdoor train station in sketch central at 1 in the morning. What did I do? I called Dry. He and his wonderful parents came and chilled with me until 2:17 when the next train came in.
    You got to meet Dry's mom? Sweet.

Rookie
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    You got to meet Dry's mom? Sweet.
    cougar Alert?

Official Strike 3 Forums NIT Champion 2008

Dry's mom is a saint.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

She quickly passed on General.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

a little something i made after the tour

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kls_3k3nCGA]YouTube - Brown and Bonn Tour Yankee Stadium[/ame]

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Brownie entering the stadium to Enter Sandman = gangsta

I want in on the next one.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast