Thread: Uncontacted Amazonian tribe photographed

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Article Uncontacted Amazonian tribe photographed

Skin painted bright red, heads partially shaved, arrows drawn back in the longbows and aimed square at the aircraft buzzing overhead. The gesture is unmistakable: Stay Away.

Behind the two men stands another figure, possibly a woman, her stance also seemingly defiant. Her skin painted dark, nearly black.

The apparent aggression shown by these people is quite understandable. For they are members of one of Earth's last uncontacted tribes, who live in the Envira region in the thick rainforest along the Brazilian-Peruvian frontier.

Thought never to have had any contact with the outside world, everything about these people is, and hopefully will remain, a mystery.

Click to read the rest:
    Incredible pictures of one of Earth's last uncontacted tribes firing bows and arrows | Mail Online

Really, this is one of the few news stories that I am truly surprised by. I can only hope that people leave them alone and let them continue their culture and their way of life until they see it fit to change.

Re: Uncontacted Amazonian tribe photographed

That is really cool to see. Makes me wonder if they are now telling stories of the great screaming bird that they saw...

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Funny Re: Uncontacted Amazonian tribe photographed

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Makes me wonder if they are now telling stories of the great screaming bird that they saw...
    WHAT IS THAT DEMONRY IN THE SKY!??!?!

MLB ERA

haha. nice dirtykash.

on a more serious note, that article is incredibly shocking and interesting. i agree that these people need to be protected from illegal logging, murder, and they need to be left alone to continue their lives the way they want them to be
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Article: Secret of the 'lost' tribe that wasn't | World news | The Observer

Secret of the 'lost' tribe that wasn't

Tribal guardian admits the Amazon Indians' existence was already known, but he hoped the publicity would lift the threat of logging

They are the amazing pictures that were beamed around the globe: a handful of warriors from an 'undiscovered tribe' in the rainforest on the Brazilian-Peruvian border brandishing bows and arrows at the aircraft that photographed them.

Or so the story was told and sold. But it has now emerged that, far from being unknown, the tribe's existence has been noted since 1910 and the mission to photograph them was undertaken in order to prove that 'uncontacted' tribes still existed in an area endangered by the menace of the logging industry.

The disclosures have been made by the man behind the pictures, José Carlos Meirelles, 61, one of the handful of sertanistas – experts on indigenous tribes – working for the Brazilian Indian Protection Agency, Funai, which is dedicated to searching out remote tribes and protecting them.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kind of a case where it being wrong but done for the right reasons is cool with me. The shock value was there and it brought out a greater feeling of compassion, all for the good cause of protecting them so I understand why he did it.