Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iron Man

MLB ERA

Re: Iron Man

This was an amazing movie. As brownie and giantsfan can attest to...I walked out of the theatre and set them both a text saying basically "Oh. My. God. That was awesome!"

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Don't mind the junior pothead, he said Batman Begins sucked once.
    What do you mean, JUNIOR!?! Batman Begins was pretty good, it took me a while to come around, but I expect Dark Knight to blow it completely out of the water.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Freaking great flick here. I've been so busy with the site, work, and other things that I just have not had the time (and when I had the time after school ended, I didn't have the cash.) I saw this and Indiana Jones 4 last night at the drive-in with my family; my little brother had his high school graduation so we went out for dinner and then to the movies (it's been awhile since I've been to a drive-in.)

Iron Man was of my favorite comics growing up and Tony Stark is about as close as I could imagine him in Robert Downey Jr, if not better. Favreau did an excellent job with creating a story from the Iron Man universe to set up this franchise and the casting overall was terrific. While not all, it avoided so many of the cliches seen in comic book movies. The film didn't even get into Stark's inner demons and problems really and there is just so much there is just so much ground for this franchise to cover... I can't wait to see the sequel.

BTW it was hilarious to see Bridges as Stane after re-watching Lebowski (for like the 12th time) last week and then seeing this.

My ratings: 5 -5 - 5 - 4 - 4

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Is it really that good? Would you guys really say it is the best Marvel Comic movie ever made? Or at least up there with the best?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It was my favorite Marvel adaptation, yes. Iron Man was one of my favorite comics though so I might be bias (like the X-Men, liked reading it but it was at the top of my list.)

One of the coolest things about this is that Downey will get a true second chance in Hollywood to be a star. Hopefully all of his demons are behind him and we can look forward to seeing him get more choice roles in the future as he has always been among the elite in acting talent.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Is it really that good? Would you guys really say it is the best Marvel Comic movie ever made? Or at least up there with the best?
    There's only couple of comic book movies that are on par with Iron Man. Batman Begins, X2, and Spider-man. Iron Man is that good. It took liberties but damn was it very faithful. Go see it. Go see it twice.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There's only couple of comic book movies that are on par with Iron Man. Batman Begins, X2, and Spider-man. Iron Man is that good. It took liberties but damn was it very faithful. Go see it. Go see it twice.
    Of course, that's until The Dark Knight destroys the world.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I'm way ahead of ya boss saw it twice, once in college right before finals week, and then once with friends when i got home

Of course, that's until The Dark Knight destroys the world.
    This is true.........still can't wait for that jet black Lambo, I'm such a sucker for technology and gadgets and cars and stuff. Then again, I just can't wait for this whole freakin movie. JULY 18!
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12