Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Famous People You've Met

AA ERA
    I met Louis Orr, men's basketball coach of Seton Hall in a NJ Transit train last year. I just said Hi to him and he said Hi back. That was it. Orr seemed busy as he was sitting down.

I also ran into Lawrence Frank last year, who was then the Nets assistant coach at the time. I went to the game as part of a rally to keep the Nets in NJ which was organized by JoeNetsFan.com. In that game, Frank was the coach the Nets against the Celtics as Byron Scott got tossed for arguing with the ref. I ran into Frank in the parking lot and I decided to call out his name. Frank was about to get to his car. Frank seemed shocked that I recognized his name since most assistant coaches don't get recognize by fans. I noticed Frank because he was calling all the plays and doing all the screaming as assistant coach while Byron Scott was just standing there as a calming presence. I told Frank that he will one day be a head coach. Frank smiled and seemed appreciated about the comment. Little did he and I knew Scott was fired the next day and Frank got the job.

I met "Red Green" in Sioux Falls back in 1998. He's a nice guy, his ******y side-kick wasn't with him, though. "Red Green" looks a lot like my uncle, so I'm going to tease my uncle about that sometime.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I've played golf with Jerry Sloan (he's from my home town, or make that....I grew up in his home town)

John Michael Montgomery
    Rex Chapman
    Sam Bowie
    Rick Pitino
    Walter McCarty
    Tubby Smith
    Tim Couch
    Austin Kearns
    Doug Flynn (from the Big Red Machine)

(were all regular customers of mine when I was a salesperson at Pro Golf Discount in Lexington)

Fred Couples
    Greg Norman
    Tiger Woods
    Nick Price
    John Daly, and nearly any other big name (in the mid to late 90's) golfer you can think of.

Got their autographs at numerous golf tournaments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123