Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Famous People You've Met

MLB ERA
    Met Gary Payton and Dikembe Mutombo at a USA womens basketball game in 1996.. I've also met Jermaine Dupri, Hollis Price, and Drew Godden at Hawks games.

DD where did you meet all of those people? I also met a few tennis players, Jan Michael gambill, john paul fruttero, tory gambill, yunous el ay an oui?, and have gotten high fives by dominik herbaty, leyton hewitt, tommy hass, pete sampras...i also met bridgette wilson(from billy madison)

MLB ERA
    Remember that little criminal kid in Robocop 2? I banged his sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    I forgot to say, Jason Richardson, Lamar Odom, Quention Richardson, Antwone Walker, Shawn Marion.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

pete sampras
    I hate you.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24
    DD where did you meet all of those people? I also met a few tennis players, Jan Michael gambill, john paul fruttero, tory gambill, yunous el ay an oui?, and have gotten high fives by dominik herbaty, leyton hewitt, tommy hass, pete sampras...i also met bridgette wilson(from billy madison)
    I used to be in a heavy metal band in the late 80's/early 90's... Met most backstage at concerts or in the private area of a club in Baltimore called Hammerjacks...

The athletes, I have met at various functions over the years

Stephen Baldwin and Sinbad, I actually met thru work... Sinbad was working with a charity, and was trying to secure sponsorship with my company.. came thru our offices talking to people.. Stephen Baldwin, I actually fixed a service problem of his, while he was shooting Viva Rock Vegas.. was sent to the set by my company to ensure his happiness as a customer....

MLB ERA
    I met the Vancouver Canucks top line a few years ago when they were playing the Penguins (Markus Naslund, Todd Bertuzzi, and Brendan Morrison... at the time Mo wasn't on the top line, but he is now and he rocks)

Ed Jovanovski, also of the Canucks

Paul Gilbert (only for a minute or so, sadly, he was doing a guitar clinic in PA somewhere and before he left I got to shake his hand)

Raine Maeda (Our Lady Peace singer: If I spelled that right, I'm going to do a little jig... met him at a concert)

Scott Hull (guitarist for Pig Destroyer, saw him at a metal festival that I stopped at briefly... they had some shitty bands playing so I didn't stay)

I refuse to end this summer without meeting Dream Theater, Symphony X, Dillinger Escape Plan when I go see them on Gigantour.

Prog Power USA is sold out, but I'm hoping for some more tickets to magically pop up or get some through a second-hand source so I can meet up with Angra, Orphaned Land, Therion, and Manticora... that event always has some crazy up-close-and-personal action going on so tickets is the only problem. I could also meet Stratovarius, but after hearing their new album, I don't think I want to.

MLB ERA
    Dave doesn't like to say this often, but his last name is Navarro.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    I've met more pro athletes in my life than I could probably remember to list, but I'll name a few that I can throw out quick:
    • Rod Carew - MN Twins (My very first autograph at old Met Stadium).
    • Kent Hrbek - MN Twins
    • Al Newman - MN Twins
    • Roy Smalley - MN Twins
    • Scott Erickson - MN Twins (didn't really meet him, but he was at the same bar I was at one time)
    • Jack Morris - MN Twins (During his one year stint here)
    • Chuck Knobloch - MN Twins
    • Bud Grant - MN Vikes Head Coach
    • Jerry Burns - MN Vikes Head Coach
    • Tommy Kramer - MN Vikes
    • Al Noga - MN Vikes
    • Keith Millard - MN Vikes
    • Kirk Lowdermilk - MN Vikes
    • Gary Zimmerman - MN Vikes
    • Rufus Bess - MN Vikes
    • Leo Lewis - MN Vikes
    • Tim Irwin - MN Vikings
    • Darren Nelson - MN Vikes
    • Walker Lee Ashley - MN Vikings
    • Al Baker - MN Vikings
    • Chris Doleman - MN Vikings
    • Scott Studwell - MN Vikings
    • Mark Dusbabek - MN Vikings
    • Randall McDaniel - MN Vikings
    • Dave Huffman - MN Vikings (RIP)
    • Mike Morris - MN Vikings
    • Matt Birk - MN Vikings
    • Bobby Smith - MN North Stars
    • Bill Goldsworthy - MN North Stars
    • Brian Bellows - MN North Stars
    • Craig Hartsburg - MN North Stars
    • Mike Modano - MN North Stars
    • Curt Giles - MN North Stars
    • Shane Churla - MN North Stars
    • Gary Sargent - MN North Stars
    • Brad Maxwell - MN North Stars
    • Jack Carlson - MN North Stars
    • Tom Gugliotta - MN Timberwolves
    • Shane Heal - MN Timberwolves
    • Doug West - MN Timberwolves
    • Chris Carr - MN Timberwolves
    • Chi-Chi Rodruigez
    • Fuzzy Zoeller
    • Arnold Palmer
    • Drew Pearson - Dallas Cowboys
    • Kevin Lynch - MN Gophers / Charlotte Hornets
    • A number of guys from the NO Saints in training camp back in 1988 and 1989. I tended bar in LaCrosse WI and met a slew of those meatpuppets.
    That's all I can recall right now, but I know there's quite a few more. BTW... we're only talking athletes, right? Otherwise, I could list a lot of other people.

MLB ERA
    I want to see your list of musicians met, Lynch.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Hawk and Animal (The Road Warriors from WCW and WWF)
    C'mon old timer.... don't you mean Hawk and Animal from the AWA??? Heh, thats back when I first met those guys. Speaking of which, I totally forgot about wrestlers:

• Greg Gagne - Wrestler
    • Hawk (Mike Hegstrand) (Road Warriors) - Wrestling ... RIP.
    • Animal (Road Warriors) - Wrestling
    • Curt Hennig
    • Jerry Blackwell - Wrestling
    • Sheik Adnon El-Casey - Wrestling
    • Nick Bockwinkle - Wrestling
    • "Benchwarmer" Bob Lurtsema - MN Vikings
    • Jesse Ventura - Wrestling / MN Governor
    • Curtis "bubba" Rouse - MN Vikings
    Also, Marion Gabrick and Willie Mitchell (MN Wild) came into one of the bars I work at a couple years ago after a game. Didn't meet either of them, but they were there for a while. Can't include them on the list of "Who have you met", but I guess they get honorable mention.

All of those wrestlers I met when I was a teenager or younger. I met Mike Hegstrand (Hawk) at my dad's company picnic. One of my dad's coworker's went to school with Mike and he stopped by the picnic for the kids. Was pretty cool. As I got older I met both of them a couple of times. Met Jerry Blackwell and Adnon El-Casey (dunno wtf his real name was) when I was about 12 or 13 at the grocery store about 3 blocks from my house. See, the AWA did some of their sunday wrestling shows from the TV studio which was less than a mile from my house. Some of those guys that they claimed were from wherever, actually lived in some of the western Minneapolis suburbs, which is where I grew up. Met Vern Gagne at the liquor store and Nick Bockwinkle at a party that my uncle was having. Jesse Ventura back when he was still the Mayor of Brooklyn Park (early 90's). Curt Hennig at the MN state fair in the Midway. Me and some buddies ran into him, talked for a few minutes and ended up going behind some rides and toking up with him. The guy was a complete cokehead. This was also back before he roided out and became the bulky fuggah he turned into.

Anyway, that's enough for now.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    I want to see your list of musicians met, Lynch.
    Sometime when I have more time.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Otherwise, I could list a lot of other people.
    Have you met Sid yet? I for one would love to be a fly in the wall see you talk to Sid Hartman, the dean of Minnesota media.

MLB ERA
    If somehow I did run into Sid someplace, I'd just keep right on walking, talking or whatever and wouldn't acknowledge the guy. Just flat out can't stand him.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    If somehow I did run into Sid someplace, I'd just keep right on walking, talking or whatever and wouldn't acknowledge the guy. Just flat out can't stand him.
    I notice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast