Thread: There Will Be Blood

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

There Will Be Blood

What.
    A.
    Movie.

I expected There Will Be Blood, Paul Thomas Anderson's foray into the oil craze of the 1920s, to be a very good movie. I didn't realize I was in for an absolute masterpiece. TWBB is one of the best 10 or so movies I've ever seen without a doubt. The story is great, the cinematography and score are wonderful, and the supporting cast led by Paul Dano of Little Miss Sunshine fame and young Dillon Freasier is very good. But let's not kid ourselves here. This is a Daniel Day-Lewis movie, and he DOMINATES it. Every time his Daniel Plainview, a ruthless oil tycoon, opens his mouth, it's fascinating. The character is family man and loving father one minute, and ruthless killer the next. No one but Day-Lewis could have played this role, especially the way Day-Lewis takes Plainview and makes him into one of the more villainous characters in recent screen memory. I don't want to spoil the plot, as a few turns complicate things in the maddening head of Plainview. But this is as good a movie as I've seen since The Departed. I can't say for sure whether this or No Country for Old Men is better. But I would HIGHLY recommend this film to anyone looking for a classic movie. It starts off a little bit slow, but halfway through you will be completely captivated. And that's not to mention the incredible "milkshake" scene at the end that's already become a YouTube craze...and it's as good a scene as there gets in movies. A fantastic film. Go see it immediately if it's playing near you, or get in a damn car and drive until you find it. Trust me, it's worth it.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Re: There Will Be Blood

Sucked. Go see Meet the Spartans if you want real action.

Haha, just kidding. This movie looks awsome, everyone seems to love it. I'm going to have to check it out soon.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This movie was very damn good. But the bad thing is, its two and a half hours long.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

I can see how you would think that Porter, but...only a 3 for the Visuals? The movie won Best Cinematography for crying out loud!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    I can see how you would think that Porter, but...only a 3 for the Visuals? The movie won Best Cinematography for crying out loud!!
    No Country for Old Men won Best Picture.

I just thought visually it was boring.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

I said Cinematography, not Picture

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Eh.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Eh??????

EH?????

EHHHHH??????

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

This movie blew major **** and the only thing worth while that came from this film were the parodies. I love Daniel Day Lewis but this movie was boring and did nothing for me. very slow going film.

MLB ERA

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

"I'll drink your milkshake" was THE only good thing to come from this film. Otherwise it was a snoozer. No action, slow story and not all that much dialogue for as long as the movie was. No Country For Old Men was a disappointment too. It goes the whole movie with dude chasing Josh Brolin then all of a sudden he is dead and it ends on Tommy Lee tlking about a dream?? What a waste!! I too laughed browntown when you tried to defend this film by saying it won Best Cinematography. I also laughed at how awful this movie was but stopped laughing when I realized I wasted 3 hours of my life.