Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exam Crisis 07': Coffee All Nighters or Passing Out After A Few Too Many

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Re: Exam Crisis 07': Coffee All Nighters or Passing Out After A Few Too Many

I mean, it really pisses me off when one of my friends is able to just **** around all the time becuase he's a poli sci major. Meanwhile I'm working my ass off trying to figure out what the hell is going on in Calc II and crying myself to sleep over polar coordinates and McLauren series. Math sucks.

No, I'm not a math major. I'm a bio major. Why do I have to take two semesters of calculus? Excellent question.

This is why I'm taking 14 credtis next semester including intro to fiction writing and a movie watching class.

AA ERA

I'd also like to mention to anyone who has yet to declare a major/enter college: be a business major. Or a liberal arts major. Even if you have no interest.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I have some math related classes left, but not really a math exclusive class now that I am through my calc classes and after this semester will be through my stats classes.

As for your schedule, those two classes sound awesome, I wish I would of taken something like that when I could. Although I am hoping next year to get into the wine drinking/appreciation class, but that's like next to impossible.

MLB ERA

Liberal arts majors are the easy way out. Go pre-med or pre-law, take on a challenge!

AA ERA

I am pre-med. It's not fun.

And mission, we have a wine tasting class too. I think that'd be pretty damn awesome.

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

Just find the right professors and classes and you'll be fine. Law school is the real *****.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

If the Lib Arts majors get to sit on their asses at your school...I need to transfer. Only 60 pages more to go in The Kite Runner for tommorow, and that's a relief since they finally assigned a book I like. Only took a year.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Fisher what school are you at?

This semester my schedule was pretty easy. I have one oral final and one final in stats on Sunday. I just finished a 10 page research paper on Machiavelli and Mussolini which wasn't too fun although it wasn't horrible. Don't listen to Adam, it isn't his fault he can't do math.

Good Luck with exams everyone!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My financial accounting Exam was awful, kill me now.
    Marketing exam wasn't so bad, the scan-tron and short answers/essays were a breeze overall, but the essays were tricky. Luckily, on our group's project and presentation we scored the highest in the class with a 99%... party dudes go:

AA ERA

The more pressed time for time I am, the more I realize just how horribly lazy I have become. I should really be studying for calc right now, my exam is Monday. But of course not...

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Strike Three's Random Insanity Thread

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Is the work in college all it's cracked up to be?...all I've been hearing about it is horror stories of finals and papers.
    depends on your major and what classes you are taking. a reasonable estimate of time for most classes is 4 hours per credit hour to get a good grade. engineering classes may require more (and sometimes less, depending on the difficulty of your course).

papers in college arent all that bad if you are marginally competent at writing. my english classes, I pretty much aced. And the writing in engineering tends to be lab reports.

any actual design classes will throw all those estimates out the window. my senior design class, i was routinely spending 20 hours a week just on that (it was a 3 credit class) and near deadlines it was up to 50 hours a week. same with my Physical Planning class.

so long story short, it depends on your major and what classes you have.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

In my day, we had to take finals in snow. Both ways! Now I take law school finals. Three hours of hell. And it's one hundred percent of my grade in each class.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So for those who finished their exams this week, on a scale to 1-10 how bad was it for you?

6.5/10 I am thinking for my classes. I had one I breezed through, one that was a bit difficult and two that were pretty hard. It could of been a lot worse, but I lived. Now its time to rest and see Spidey 3.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

im still saying mine was a 10/10 on the difficultly scale considering i hadnt taken an exam in over 5.5 years.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

Although its been many years ago, I still recall finals'weeks. They were not any fun at all, until I was in nursing school. They were no real challenge then, as they were just repeats of the exams we'd taken all sememster. A bit of review and I was ready to go. The Licensing Boards, on the other hand.....
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast