Thread: Ugly Betty tops Survivor, smashes Earl

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ugly Betty tops Survivor, smashes Earl

If these figures remain constant, it's gotta be one of the top shockers this fall season. What's sad, two shows combined equal less ratings than one show. Wow.

ABC's 'Betty' Far From Ugly
    ABC appeared to be sitting pretty with the premiere of Ugly Betty beating out CBS's Survivor: Cook Islands Thursday night. Betty scored a 10.7 rating and a 17 share versus a 9.6/15 for Survivor. NBC's My Name Is Earl and The Office were far behind with a 5.2/8 and a 4.8/7 respectively. At 9:00 p.m. ABC's Grey's Anatomy and CBS's CSI: Crime Scene Investigation fought it out to a virtual tie, with Grey's garnering a 14.9/22 and CSI, a 14.1/21, with CSI coming out narrowly ahead among total viewers.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

**** Thursday night TV. Why can't they show MNIE/Office, or Survivor, or Ugly Betty, on a Friday night?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The good thing about The Office, which has perhaps been it's saving grace, is that the demographic who digs it are the rich folks and advertisers love that spot. (BTW, The Office was fantastic this week, I love Jim's new female employee doing an impersonation of him and his typical camera interaction.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They wouldn't move the comedies because Vegas and L&O are probably entrenched on fridays now. I'm forgetting a show too. Plus they'd go against greys Anatomy repeats, even repeats of that show are murderous.
    Ted

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Survivor was 100% disappointing last night. They got rid of the racial divisions way too early, only two shows in, and they did so by merging four tribes into two, and by the way, that was the stupidest way to merge tribes ever, it was so drawn out and took like 5 minutes of the show, and they had four of the castaways play Rock-Paper-Scissors, WTF. Definitely not compelling television.

Blargh, I hope my mom/grandmother/aunt/whoever gets me at least S1 of the Office on DVD so I can start up. This is reeking of AD to me, I'll get the DVDs late, love it, and it'll be gone.

Of course, it may take a backseat to Scrubs if Zach Braff can get Tobias Funke as a character cameo as has been rumored
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This is the Lost curse.
    Earl shoulda never beat Lost in the tourney... rut roh Reorge.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    The Office is the best show on TV, I am convinced.

But Ugly Betty is one of the better pilots that I've watched this season. A little surprised it beat out Survivor.

MNIE/The Office = best hour of television.