Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The grinds my gears thread

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: The grinds my gears thread

Stores get reimbursed the value ($1, $2...whatever) plus $0.08 from said companies of coupon. So actually, the grocery store would be making money. It would be the company losing money. Most people don't use coupons and they're meant as advertising almost...like an incentive to buy their product. And really, they're not losing money. They factor it in to the price. They're just losing some profit, but they still make a profit.

Did you know that Tuesdays are Tailgate Tuesdays here? Why you ask? Because I can't count the number of jackasses that rode up my ass to work, from work, and running errands yesterday. To the point that you couldn't even see their headlights. That's how close. Mind you, I usually travel in the middle lanes on the highway and go 5 miles over the speed limit. Not enough for some people apparently.

MLB ERA

Im sure they dont factor a 100 percent discount in it.

Somebody is losing money when a customer walks out of the store not paying a dime.

MLB ERA

The stores get reimbursed for coupons (manufacturer). If it's store coupons, then it's different.

MLB ERA

Who the hell takes a used mattress and box spring from someone's trash? Really? I know times are tough, but you need my over 10 year old twin mattress and box spring? Who does that?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Who the hell takes a used mattress and box spring from someone's trash? Really? I know times are tough, but you need my over 10 year old twin mattress and box spring? Who does that?
    If you lived in Motown I'd say someone probably took it cause they burned theirs after the WVU/Texas game. Look at it this way one less thing the city needs to pick up. You recycler you .
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Our entire country's political mindset that refuses to consider any candidate that doesn't have an (R) or (D) next to their name.

This stupid "two party system" (that's only a two party system because we allow it to be) does nothing but limit our options and polarize our country into two distinct sets of ideals.

To give a prime example of this (and these are purely random examples, so don't spin this into a debate) I can't be pro-life and pro-union in this country because those ideals fall on opposite ends of the fence.
    Been the victim of that many times in my life. Annoys the heck out of me people automatically assume stuff about me when I say I am a registered Republican. People automatically assume I hate unions without even trying to know me. I like talking ideas but people very rarely want to debate its run off to their respective choir and call a person (insert derrogatory names) and never about the idea.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Been the victim of that many times in my life. Annoys the heck out of me people automatically assume stuff about me when I say I am a registered Republican. People automatically assume I hate unions without even trying to know me. I like talking ideas but people very rarely want to debate its run off to their respective choir and call a person (insert derrogatory names) and never about the idea.
    You're a registered Republican? Tell me, why do you hate unions so much?

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA

We wonder why so many people are jaded when it comes to politics in this country. Well, take a look around. Nobody seems capable of doing anything but arguing why the other guy is bad for this country. We're surrounded by Republicans telling us how horrible Obama is and Democrats telling us how horrible Mitt Romney is. Why doesn't anybody from either party tell us how good their guy is instead of just convincing us to not vote for the other guy?

I'd say negative campaigning should be illegal but that's only a minute fraction of the problem. People support their guy, but instead of actually supporting their candidate and campaigning for him/her through public support they, instead, tell us why the other candidate is the next incarnation of Adolph Hitler and why we shouldn't vote for him because it'll devolve this country into ruin.

I guess it's much easier to play off human hatred because it's such an easy emotion to pull on. If you convince everyone not to vote for the other guy then your favorite candidate is all that's left by default.

And this is YET ANOTHER reason to vote something other than (R) or (D) in this election. I won't even champion Gary Johnson here, even though he's who I want to vote for. If we simply make other parties, be it Libertarian, Green, or Rent is too Damn High party for all I care (yes, that's a real party), viable in the Presidential elections maybe people will be forced to actually tell us why their guy is good for the country instead of flooding our walls, lives, ears, whatever other medium with how horrible the other guy is just so their guy can win by default.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Rookie ERA

Preach it Leo!

This constant trashing has been every campaign since I have been old enough to vote and comprehend is this constant trashing by candidates towards the other in the ads & media. I don’t want to hear from Candidate A how bad B has been or C will/might be especially when it is a sitting President. Most people have already made up their mind whether they like or don‘t like the current President‘s record. I want to hear what A is going to do that’s better and what more he/she brings to the table as opposed to the one that is there and wants 4 more years. I would want the same from all new candidates, though it seems it isn't going away anytime soon.

It also bothers me when I hear people say they don’t even want to bother voting because they don’t like either candidate……….vote for one of the minor parties or use the write in……..that’s why it is there. Sure, it is likely to be a “throw away” vote, who cares, even if it is somewhat anonymous you made your statement. They could say to themselves “I am exercising my right to vote but I don’t endorse either of the main candidates so I am voting for Derek Jeter or my third cousin twice removed because a lot of people fought, struggled and died to give me this right of choice.”

No one should ever berate another voter for HOW they vote no matter how strongly they disagree with the other person’s choice, everyone's right was bought and paid in full with countless debates, paper, ink, blood and lives.

On a completely different topic, I hate roundabouts…any road planners that decide to use them should have to park their car in the middle and get rammed by cars in all directions.

MLB ERA

It also bothers me when I hear people say they don’t even want to bother voting because they don’t like either candidate
    My argument is that this is likely the case, or at least highly perpetuated by the fact that these people only hear nothing but bad stuff about each candidate.

Nobody has any idea what good (if any) either party brings to the table because nobody knows. They only know from the other side, via twisted rhetoric and political logic twisting, how bad the other guy is.

And, again, media campaigning is only a minute fraction of the problem today. With the explosion of social networking (namely Facebook) you see the same problem coming from every other one of your friends who prefer to push that link explaining why Obama is the reason for the economic downfall or why Mitt Romney hates the poor and is only hoping to use the White House as a way to make his rich buddies richer instead of telling us what's good about who they want to vote for.

I'm not naive enough to think that more viable parties would rid this completely, but it would at least make it harder to ignore your own candidate and what good they bring if taking the negative approach means convincing people why more than just one other person is bad.

MLB ERA

I don't know if I love or hate this. I love irony.

MLB ERA

People at live wrestling events who don't understand the proper sign ettiqutte.

I know that crowd signs have become a staple of the wrestling entertainment industry. I know because I like to bring one as well. But they still suck in a way because they block the view of anybody sitting right behind you.

But, that's ok if you know when to put them up and when not to put them up. And the answer to that is at the beginning of the show when the camera typically pans the crowd (right after the ring announcer tells us to do so to try and get on TV), and anytime after that strategically while focusing on the cameras whenever the wrestler relevant to your sign is coming out. Anytime other than that keep your view blocking POS cardboard down so we can all enjoy the show.

This rant was stemmed from the dumbshit sitting in front of me last night practically holding his sign up the entire time, even during the dark matches.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Out of curiosity, what did your sign say? What did the DB's sign say?

MLB ERA

I never got a look at his sign.

Mine said "thank you Mr. Sandow"

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Stoney was sitting next to me, hes a huge wrestling buff, and read your sign, he bust out laughing and exclaimed, THATS AWESOME! TELL HIM STONEY SAID THATS AWESOME!

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast