Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: disgusting / just another reason I want certification to have kids

MLB ERA
    Maybe the point didn't come out quite right. Anyway, I'm just trying to say that you have to have a license of some form to do a LOT of things in life here in the US, but yet if you want to have 15 kids, regardless of your lifestyle, living conditions, intentions, etc, you can do so without a second thought.

In my opinion, (and this is actually kind of touchy for hopefully reasons i don't have to explain), you should have to apply for a permit to even attempt to have children. In that permit or license, you have to prove at bare minimum the ability to provide for the child. Criminal record should be taken into account. previous sex offenders are flat out disallowed the right to have children in my opinion (another touchy subject that i'm sure someone will jump all over) and if you fail a psyche evaluation, you shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

Now, this won't solve all of the problems with ****ed up parents like these two, but it surely would turn back the clock a tad and might foil some people's intentions as well as hopefully protect possible future births and lives from being subject to an upbringing like the one shown in the first post.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Kill those ****ing parents and while your at it go kill all the ****ing priests that did the same thing. ****ing kids is worse than murder IMO but should be treated as murder.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    you have to have a licence to cut hair?

I wish someone would tell that to the butchers they put in my ship's barber shop.
    Let me guess, are they SKs?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Getting liscense to have children is a little too......creepy. We already are having way too much freedom taken away from us and now we are going to start something like this? People have a choice to either have a child or not. That's freedom! Have to take the good with the bad always!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Maybe the point didn't come out quite right. Anyway, I'm just trying to say that you have to have a license of some form to do a LOT of things in life here in the US, but yet if you want to have 15 kids, regardless of your lifestyle, living conditions, intentions, etc, you can do so without a second thought.
    right, that was my original intention in saying you should have to be certified to have children (religion aside because I didn't want to start that whole thing).

It'll never happen (the requirement for certification or me running for president ), but I've always jokingly said to people whenever I see some shoddy parenting that if I ran for president, I'd run on a platform of certification for having children for many of the reasons already stated.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Then you would be another president shitting on our freedom. No vote from me pal!

It's kind of funny, they had a more barbaric way of doing this in America in, I want to say the early 1900's. Buck v. Bell I believe. A woman named Carrie Buck was sterilized (along with many, many other women) because she was believed to be mentally insufficient to the extent that she shouldn't have children because she'd decrease the quality of the gene pool. I think that is a severe restriction of civil rights...

However, I think that the idea you proposed would be good, although I'm not sure how much I agree with the extent. I think that the idea could work if a person was considered on their mental status and criminal record, and perhaps a competency test (it would be simple, but think of it kind of like a driver's test for parenting). I don't like the financial thing because that makes it icky and arguably classist, as many would argue that a child is not harmed (maybe even helped in terms of life experience) by living in poor/lower class standards.

Previous sex offenders, I tend to agree although each case would have to be reviewed individually. For previous child sex offenders, I definitely agree unless there are extraordinary circumstances (I guess statutory rape would be considered one if an 18 and 15 year old had consenting sex and the parents pressed charges).

But it's kind of scary out there and people need support from the parents instead of impeding the children. Of course, the problem of accidental pregnancy comes up. And if the issue REALLY came up, I'd likely be against it, as the restriction of freedom would likely do more harm to the country than anything. But the idea has merit IMO.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    how is your choice of having children being taken away if you can still have one if you don't have a criminal record and you're not insane?

Anyways, I agree with Lynch in theory...but I wouldn't be for it if it was proposed only because I know it would be abused and people who should qualify wouldn't in some cases.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Then you would be another president shitting on our freedom. No vote from me pal!
    but what if I promised to make pot legal?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12