Thread: 24, the movie, being pushed onward.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

24, the movie, being pushed onward.

Rumor has it, they're renaming this past spring's The Sentinel to 24: The Film and changing the ending.

Fox Moving Forward with 24 Feature
    Source: Variety June 8, 2006

The clock is officially ticking down toward a 24 feature film, reports Variety.

Twentieth Century Fox has closed a deal with series creators Robert Cochran and Joel Surnow, as well as showrunner Howard Gordon, to bring the Kiefer Sutherland real-time thriller to the big screen.

Surnow and Cochran will write the script, with Gordon working on the story. All three will produce via their Real Time Productions, as will Imagine's Brian Grazer.

No talent deals are yet in place, though Sutherland -- an executive producer of the hit Fox series -- has made it clear he's interested in starring in the film should it snag a greenlight.

Cochran, Surnow and Gordon will begin work on the script late this summer, just as production on the sixth season of the TV series gets under way.

Executives at 20th should have a draft of the script in their hands by early winter. Once they see the script -- and look at ratings for the first few episodes of season six, which kicks off in January -- they'll be able to make a decision on greenlighting production of the film.

Under the most optimistic scenario, the feature would be greenlit early next year and film next spring and summer during the hiatus between season six and a likely seventh season of 24.

Current plan calls for the 24 feature to abandon the real-time conceit of the TV show, making Sutherland's Jack Bauer, rather than the clock, the star.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Kiefer talked about this on Leno like 2 or 3 months ago.