Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hollywood Leo's favorite conservative is at it again

MLB ERA
    i'm just happy that S3F doesn't appear to be as politically lopsided as thenflforums are.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

It seems like it's mostly conservatives here. Nothing wrong with that, even though I'm not one. I suppose I need something to balance out my reality tv forum (which, oddly enough, I go to only for the off-topic section now).
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Ann Coulter is right, on some levels. Look at Cindy Sheehan, using her son's memory to advance her political agenda. If he son hadn't died, she wouldn't have received a ticket to the State of the Union, and she wouldn't be mentiond in the news everyday. If I were that boys father, I would be mortified.

However, that does not excuse Ann Coulter for lumping everyone together. For every person that will use the death of their husband for something, there are hundreds more who won't. I have a problem lumping all of that together. Partially because, I am Roman Catholic, and a lot of my political beliefs are intwined with my religious beliefs. Most people lump me in with idiots like Jimmy "I hate Catholics" Swaggert and Pat "Mother Theresa is not a saint" Robertson.

Coulter is right, but she should write about specific people using their husband's memory for their own ends. Then, mention some of those who aren't.

MLB ERA
    I pretty much agree with everything ThomasTomasz said.

Like I said earlier, she was a bit over the top with the statements she's (currently) being critisized for, which is a shame because it'll distract from the many good and valid points i'm sure she makes in her new book (of which I have yet to read), but I do tend to agree with her general viewpoints.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    It seems like it's mostly conservatives here.
    The Cincinnati/Kentucky/West Virginia area tends to be conservative.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    The Cincinnati/Kentucky/West Virginia area tends to be conservative.
    san diego, too?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yes, like John Moores' and the Spanos' conservative spending on their teams.

MLB ERA
    Ann's quotes will often be controversial, not just on this issue. That is one of the reasons I like her so much:

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC

Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're whores."---Salon.com 11/16/00

On Princess Diana's death: "Her children knew she's sleeping with all these men. That just seems to me, it's the definition of 'not a good mother.' ... Is everyone just saying here that it's okay to ostentatiously have premarital sex in front of your children?"..."[Diana is] an ordinary and pathetic and confessional - I've never had bulimia! I've never had an affair! I've never had a divorce! So I don't think she's better than I am."---MSNBC 9/12/97

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

"We're now at the point that it's beyond whether or not this guy(Clinton) is a horny hick. I really think it's a question of his mental stability. He really could be a lunatic. I think it is a rational question for Americans to ask whether their president is insane."---Equal Time

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."---Hannity & Colmes 8/24/01

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97

"Originally, I was the only female with long blonde hair. Now, they all have long blonde hair."---CapitolHillBlue.com 6/6/00

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

"If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."
    George, July 1999

"Liberals become indignant when you question their patriotism, but simultaneously work overtime to give terrorists a cushion for the next attack and laugh at dumb Americans who love their country and hate the enemy."
    Liberalism And Terrorism, May 26, 2004 (Source)

"Kwanzaa itself is a lunatic blend of schmaltzy '60s rhetoric, black racism and Marxism. Indeed, the seven 'principles'of Kwanzaa praise collectivism in every possible arena of life – economics, work, personality, even litter removal."
    Kwanzaa: A Holiday from the FBI, Dec. 24, 2002 (Source)

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."
    as quoted in the New York Observer, Aug. 20, 2002

If Giuliani wants to have a national ambition, and I’m a big fan of his, he’s going to have to become pro-life if he wants to run for president. No one ever believed he was pro-choice anyway - he’s a Catholic from Queens," she says, adding, “Americans understand that Manhattan is the Soviet Union.”
    -- Ann Coulter, quoted in "All Smiles On GOP's Right Wing", CBSNews.com, Sept. 1, 2004
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Gotta admit that is some funny shit right there.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Bunch of white women, LOL. What's the point?
    Many of them are freggin hot, that's the point!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC
    Chickenhawk

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    Many of them are freggin hot, that's the point!
    If you say so.

Most of them pic's you posted were butt ugly, IMO.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    Clinton calling out someone else on attacking, bashing, etc ... now that is humor....
    Personally, I prefer to use the pot/kettle analogy with that witch, but .. yeah.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Ann's quotes will often be controversial, not just on this issue. That is one of the reasons I like her so much:

Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're whores."---Salon.com 11/16/00

On Princess Diana's death: "Her children knew she's sleeping with all these men. That just seems to me, it's the definition of 'not a good mother.' ... Is everyone just saying here that it's okay to ostentatiously have premarital sex in front of your children?"..."[Diana is] an ordinary and pathetic and confessional - I've never had bulimia! I've never had an affair! I've never had a divorce! So I don't think she's better than I am."---MSNBC 9/12/97

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

"We're now at the point that it's beyond whether or not this guy(Clinton) is a horny hick. I really think it's a question of his mental stability. He really could be a lunatic. I think it is a rational question for Americans to ask whether their president is insane."---Equal Time

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."---Hannity & Colmes 8/24/01

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97

"Originally, I was the only female with long blonde hair. Now, they all have long blonde hair."---CapitolHillBlue.com 6/6/00

"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster. "---Beyond the News, Fox News Channel, 6/4/00

"If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."
    George, July 1999

"Liberals become indignant when you question their patriotism, but simultaneously work overtime to give terrorists a cushion for the next attack and laugh at dumb Americans who love their country and hate the enemy."
    Liberalism And Terrorism, May 26, 2004 (Source)

"Kwanzaa itself is a lunatic blend of schmaltzy '60s rhetoric, black racism and Marxism. Indeed, the seven 'principles'of Kwanzaa praise collectivism in every possible arena of life – economics, work, personality, even litter removal."
    Kwanzaa: A Holiday from the FBI, Dec. 24, 2002 (Source)

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."
    as quoted in the New York Observer, Aug. 20, 2002

If Giuliani wants to have a national ambition, and I’m a big fan of his, he’s going to have to become pro-life if he wants to run for president. No one ever believed he was pro-choice anyway - he’s a Catholic from Queens," she says, adding, “Americans understand that Manhattan is the Soviet Union.”
    -- Ann Coulter, quoted in "All Smiles On GOP's Right Wing", CBSNews.com, Sept. 1, 2004
    Her controversial quotes are assinine at best. I can't understand how anyone can like her. Just think if you were a member of one of the families she so brutally insulted in this or a Disabled Vietnam Vet who gave his life up pretty much to defend you and you tell him he's the reason we lost the war? I encounter ****ed up veterans a lot, and they usually don't take lightly to that. Whether she's off the wall, or whatever you may call it, she still needs to put some serious thought into what she's saying. Even if I were to ever agree with her, and some things she says are funny, I still can't ever take anything she says as intelligent because everything up there is stupid. I guess I'm a little too PC, but that's because when someone ****s with me and my family I'd want the same type of protection these people deserve from her. I guess, in the end, it's free speech, but the ***** needs a reality check to wonder if ratings on her show is what really matters.

MLB ERA
    I think there is plenty of thought. She mentions past historical events and issues to support her positions and shows good general knowledge of a variety of subject areas.

And she doesn't have a show. She writes columns and books and appears on many shows on many channels.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast