Thread: Original Unaltered Star Wars Trilogy on DVD!

MLB ERA

Original Unaltered Star Wars Trilogy on DVD!

I posted this on the NFL side, but I know some of ya'll don't hit that side often enough, so I'll share the good news with you here as well:

Lucasfilm has announced that this September fans can look forward to the long-awaited DVD release of the original theatrical incarnations of the classic "Star Wars" trilogy!

In response to overwhelming demand, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century
    Fox Home Entertainment will release attractively priced individual two-disc releases of "Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi." Each release includes the 2004 digitally remastered version of the movie, as well as the original theatrical edition of the film. That means you'll be able to enjoy "Star Wars" as it first appeared in 1977, "Empire" in 1980, and "Jedi" in 1983.

See the title crawl to "Star Wars" before it was known as "Episode IV"; see the pioneering, if dated, motion control model work on the attack on the Death Star; groove to Lapti Nek or the Ewok Celebration song like you did when you were a kid; and yes, see Han Solo shoot first.

This release will only be available for a limited time: from September 12th to December 31st. The international release will follow on or about the same day. Each original theatrical version will feature Dolby 2.0 Surround sound, close-captioning, and subtitles in English, French and Spanish for their U.S. release. International sound and subtitling vary by territory.

"Over the years, a truly countless number of fans have told us that they would love to see and own the original version that they remember experiencing in theaters," said Jim Ward, President of LucasArts and Senior Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd. "We returned to the Lucasfilm Archives to search exhaustively for source material that could be presented on
    DVD. This is something that we're very excited to be able to give to fans in response to their continuing enthusiasm for Star Wars. Topping it off with a new interactive adventure makes September 12 a red-letter day for Star Wars fans."

BOOYA! Very cool

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14373

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Are people going to line up outside Wal-Mart and Target stores months in advance to be the first ones to get their hands on this?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I liked the enhanced versions more, they feature Boba Fett.. more.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Are people going to line up outside Wal-Mart and Target stores months in advance to be the first ones to get their hands on this?
    I actually just started a line at my local Wal Mart. We hope to hit 5 by the end of the month!

Seriously, they're still making a shitload of money off of movies released 20-30 years ago. Amazing.

Good, now maybe those who wanted this will finally be quiet. Personally, while this might be cool to own I don't need it and buying another Star Wars DVD set might get me in trouble with the wife.

MLB ERA
    I think I'll pass

MLB ERA
    Depsite the fact that this is no doubt just to get more money, I really do like this release. Partly because the guy who was the force ghost or whatever of Anakin at the end of ROTJ won't be Hayden Christiansen. I always thought it was wrong and in poor taste to replace the original guy, who had since died, with the whiny kid version of Anakin.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    At the same time, it makes sense to replace him with Anakin as he was in Revenge of the Sith. From that point on up until moments before he died he was ****ing evil. While some may consider it poor taste to use Hayden at the end of ROTJ, I don't have much of a problem with it to be honest. Plus, the guy at the end of the original would have been far older than Anakin/Darth Vader actually would have been.