Thread: The Final Movie Pick 'Ums

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Final Movie Pick 'Ums

1. This question will be the ultimate movie pick ‘ums. Simply, between now and September 30th, which film will gross the most domestically. Not just as an opener, but most period. The film must have opened this weekend and beyond, nothing before will count.

Scoring: 50 for right answer

2. How many films in the same time period will gross 100 million or more? (Just need a number, not the films)

Scoring: 25 for right answer

3. Ten films in that same time period grossed 100 million or more last summer. Will there be more, less, or as many in 2006? (for reference, those ten films were: star wars episode III; war of the worlds; batman begins; mr. And mrs. Smith; 40 year old virgin; wedding crashers; the longest yard remake; Charlie and the chocolate factory; Madagascar; and the fantastic four)

4. Rank the following ten films in order from the most grosser to the least grosser:

You, Me and Dupree
    The Da Vinci Code
    DOA: Dead or Alive
    Pulse
    Lady in the Water
    Miami Vice
    Click
    Snakes on a Plane
    Clerks II
    Cars

Scoring: 10 points per correct positioning, 100 if perfect

5a. Finally, will the top five grossing films of the summer season combined gross more than last year’s top five? (the top five were: star wars episode IIIl; war of the worlds; wedding crashers; Charlie and the chocolate factory; and batman begins)

5b. Guesstimate the amount the top five for 2006 will make. (Um, for the non-bright people out there, I'd say you should guess 500 million or more).

Scoring: 50 points to every answer that is within 10 million of the exact amount

Perfection gets you 300 points. If you are a noob who never bothered with my game till now and you end up being perfect... well, you're not winning automatically. If it comes down to that, I will take the 2nd place finishers and call them into a tie with you. I'm loyal to my lege. But noobs can still win in the overtime games. Points here are added to what you have cumulated beforehand.

One entry per person, I will ignore BOTH entries if you decide to post separate ones on each forum.

Cut off date for entries are May 19th, 11:59pm EST.
    I'm even giving a little room so you can monitor MI:III. Call me generous. But not really.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Subject to Edit (especially #4):

1. This question will be the ultimate movie pick ‘ums. Simply, between now and September 30th, which film will gross the most domestically. Not just as an opener, but most period. The film must have opened this weekend and beyond, nothing before will count.

The Da Vinci Code

2. How many films in the same time period will gross 100 million or more? (Just need a number, not the films)

3. Ten films in that same time period grossed 100 million or more last summer. Will there be more or less in 2006? (for reference, those ten films were: star wars episode III; war of the worlds; batman begins; mr. And mrs. Smith; 40 year old virgin; wedding crashers; the longest yard remake; Charlie and the chocolate factory; Madagascar; and the fantastic four)

Less

4. Rank the following ten films in order from the most grosser to the least grosser:

1. The Da Vinci Code
    2. DOA: Dead or Alive
    3. Miami Vice
    4. Lady in the Water
    5. Click
    6. Cars
    7. Clerks II
    8.You, Me and Dupree
    9. Snakes on a Plane
    10. Pulse

5a. Finally, will the top five grossing films of the summer season combined gross more than last year’s top five? (the top five were: star wars episode IIIl; war of the worlds; wedding crashers; Charlie and the chocolate factory; and batman begins)

Nope.

5b. Guesstimate the amount the top five for 2006 will make. (Um, for the non-bright people out there, I'd say you should guess 500 million or more).

624 Million.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dry, I made a small change to the third question if you want to change your mind on your answer.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Da Vinci Code

3. Ten films in that same time period grossed 100 million or more last summer. Will there be more or less in 2006? (for reference, those ten films were: star wars episode III; war of the worlds; batman begins; mr. And mrs. Smith; 40 year old virgin; wedding crashers; the longest yard remake; Charlie and the chocolate factory; Madagascar; and the fantastic four)

More

1. The Da Vinci Code
    2. Miami Vice
    3. DOA: Dead or Alive
    4. Lady in the Water
    5. Cars
    6. Click
    7. Clerks II
    8. You, Me and Dupree
    9. Snakes on a Plane
    10. Pulse

Hell No.

666 Million.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Looks like mission unpossible opened up with a 48 spot, over 10 million less than expected.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Wimps, the whole lot of you. You're just going to let dry and porter walk away with this thing? Ah, girly men, just girly men.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't let you down, KOZ...

The Da Vinci Code.

3. Ten films in that same time period grossed 100 million or more last summer. Will there be more, less, or as many in 2006? (for reference, those ten films were: star wars episode III; war of the worlds; batman begins; mr. And mrs. Smith; 40 year old virgin; wedding crashers; the longest yard remake; Charlie and the chocolate factory; Madagascar; and the fantastic four)

Less. Box office has been down all year and nothing looks nearly as good as last years list.

The Da Vinci Code
    Miami Vice
    Snakes on a Plane
    Cars
    Clerks II
    Click
    You, Me and Dupree
    Pulse
    Lady in the Water(Giamatti has never drawn shit, except in Sideways.)

No

635M

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Forgot to answer 5b
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    *sigh* Fixed.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    About 3 and a half hours left to fill this out. Get to it.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    an hour and 20 whatevers left
    Ted

Going with the safe pick of The Da Vinci Code. I think it may be something else, but most people here took it.

Less

The Da Vinci Code
    Cars
    Miami Vice
    Click
    You, Me and Dupree
    Clerks II
    Snakes on a Plane
    Pulse
    Lady in the Water

Scoring: 10 points per correct positioning, 100 if perfect

No, DVC and Cars will do their part againt SWIII and WotW, but I think the rest lose out

Scoring: 50 points to every answer that is within 10 million of the exact amount

678m
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1. X3
    2. 7
    3. less
    4. no comment
    5a. no
    5b. $830,319.47

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    everything after fishercat's entry will be invalid, deadline has past

yeah, too many times, and guess what DK, your post: 12:00 am.
    Ted