Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Immigrant Protest

MLB ERA
    We should just buy Mexico, make it a territory, set up a DMZ and be done with it. It's a lot easier than having to invade them for their oil.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Mow my lawn myself?

Why don't you just go back to God damn Cuba, you commie.
    Me Chinese, yo.......
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Hey Vato, “reconquista” this.

While all of the illegal Hispanic militants are screaming and holding signs claiming that the ‘gringo’ stole their lands, they’d better be learning the heinous aspects of their own history. I hate to burst their race-baiting bubble, but the original inhabitants of the continental United States, and Central and South America aren’t around anymore to point out that the Catholicized, Spanish speaking ancestors of the self-appointed “reconquistas” were among the first to steal land once they got here.

It’s highly unlikely that any members of groups like “La Raza” and “MEChA” are directly descended from any one of the Native Indian tribes. As a matter of fact, most, if not all of these indignant little anarchists are more related to the Spanish than any extinct Aztec, Mayan, or Inca bloodline. In other words, Mexican nationals who crossed the border illegally just to raise hell are no more culturally related to ancient civilizations than those who were born here.

For the sake of historical balance, it needs to be realized that the aforementioned ancient peoples of North, Central, and South America were not sublime, peaceful societies; joining hands and singing “Kumbaya” at every opportunity. After the first humans in the Americas migrated out of northern Asia about 15,000 B.C, they engaged in their own unique atrocities against each other with human sacrifice, land invasion, tribal wars, and slavery. Just like Europe, Africa, and Asia.

There isn’t one ethnic group on the planet that hasn’t been kicked around nor done its own kicking. But for the sake of this argument, I'll focus on the Hispanic heredity of the current crop of illegal malcontents.

The “Conquistadores” swathed a path of bodies all through most of the Western Hemisphere. The most famous and bloodthirsty was the Spanish nobleman Hernando Cortez. In 1519 he conquered Mexico while confiscating vast caches gold and silver and wiped out the Aztec population, to boot. His exploits led to more invasions of the southern half of the United States.

In 1527, Francisco de Montejo, started a 20-year campaign against the Mayans, but was driven out. His son, Francisco finally succeeded establishing Spanish rule in 1540. In 1546, the Spanish were forced to put down a revolt, and a year later the conquest was assured. The Spanish also killed all the Mayan priests and burned their writings.

In 1532, more Spaniards arrived and started a slaughter of the Inca by the systematic pillage and plunder of every village they crossed. Then they descended on the northern and western shores of the Gulf of Mexico. When they discovered the mouth of the Mississippi, they took Native American Indians into slavery.

In 1540, Francisco Vázquez de Coronado set out from the Gulf of California to seek more gold and silver. When he encountered the Zuñi, Hopi, and Pueblos, he demanded they convert to Christianity. When they refused he promptly killed as many Native Indians as he could.

Okay, let’s fast forward to the Mexican-American War; a favorite target of complaint from the “reconquistas”.

Prior to the war, California, and most of the U.S. Southwest, wanted to officially join the United States. Texas had already declared its independence, which angered Mexico because it never “officially” recognized the secession. Texas contended that its boundary was the Rio Grande River. Mexicans disagreed and countered that the boundary was the Nueces River.

When the Mexicans attacked General Zachary Taylor’s troops between the two rivers, both armies believed they occupied their ‘own soil’

On February 2, 1848, The Treaty of Guadeloupe Hidalgo was signed by both the U.S. and Mexico. The treaty stipulated the annexation of Texas to the United States, and in return, the U.S. paid $15 million to Mexico as compensation.

The “reconquistas” can try to revise history all they want but it will not change the outcome.

If they’re really sincere about casting off the yolk of “European slavery” and returning to the “roots” of their ancestry, they’d better revert to their past: Renounce their Catholicism, re-adopt the traditions, Gods, folkways, and mores of their primeval history, and start learning how to speak in the ancient tongue of whatever ethnic group they think they belong.

But we know that’s as likely to happen as them becoming legal.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    [COLOR="Purple"]Me Chinese,
    You play joke?
    You put pee pee in my Coke?

You ass, why'd you do that, now I drank pee.

MLB ERA
    What, you never drank piss before??????? Come on McK, when she cums in yer mouth she pisses......
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    The words "immigrant" and "Hispanic" are not synonyms. The majority of Hispanics in the United States are not immigrants. According to 2004 census data, 60 percent of the more than 40 million Hispanics in this country were born here. Of the 40 percent who were born elsewhere, the majority are legal immigrants, not illegal.

Many immigrants are not Latino. There are 100,000 Nigerians living in and around Houston. There are thousands of illegal Irish immigrants in and around Boston. China, India, South Korea and Canada are among the leading countries sending people here. Many illegal immigrants are college students and workers who choose to overstay their visas.

The United States has two international borders. Not one person who has come to the United States from Mexico has been publicly identified as a terrorist. Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh was from Pendleton, N.Y. Maybe we should build a wall around New York instead of across the southern border.

Enough about the flags, already. They're symbols of cultural pride, not national allegiance. Think Irish flags on St. Patrick's Day, or Confederate flags over South Carolina. When newspapers ignorantly frame this debate in ethnic terms, people ignorantly respond with misplaced ethnic pride.

Language is not genetic. The Pew Hispanic Center shows that by the third generation, 100 percent of Latinos speak English as their first and often only language. This is the precise assimilation pattern for every other foreign-language immigrant group in this country. (P.S. If you're so opposed to non-English words, you may speak the names of only 13 American states and almost no cities in the Southwest.)

Hispanics like to remind you about America's Hispanic past not because we want to go back to it, but because we are sick of you assuming that all Latinos are immigrants. My family has been in New Mexico for seven generations. Bet I beat Lou Dobbs on that one.

Please stop sending e-mails saying things such as "All you Hispanics should go home." I, like most Hispanics you see every day, am home.

I am latino, but not an immigrant. And if you call me an alien I will ****ing kick your ass.

That is all.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    The words "immigrant" and "Hispanic" are not synonyms. The majority of Hispanics in the United States are not immigrants. According to 2004 census data, 60 percent of the more than 40 million Hispanics in this country were born here. Of the 40 percent who were born elsewhere, the majority are legal immigrants, not illegal.

Many immigrants are not Latino. There are 100,000 Nigerians living in and around Houston. There are thousands of illegal Irish immigrants in and around Boston. China, India, South Korea and Canada are among the leading countries sending people here. Many illegal immigrants are college students and workers who choose to overstay their visas.

The United States has two international borders. Not one person who has come to the United States from Mexico has been publicly identified as a terrorist. Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh was from Pendleton, N.Y. Maybe we should build a wall around New York instead of across the southern border.

Enough about the flags, already. They're symbols of cultural pride, not national allegiance. Think Irish flags on St. Patrick's Day, or Confederate flags over South Carolina. When newspapers ignorantly frame this debate in ethnic terms, people ignorantly respond with misplaced ethnic pride.

Language is not genetic. The Pew Hispanic Center shows that by the third generation, 100 percent of Latinos speak English as their first and often only language. This is the precise assimilation pattern for every other foreign-language immigrant group in this country. (P.S. If you're so opposed to non-English words, you may speak the names of only 13 American states and almost no cities in the Southwest.)

Hispanics like to remind you about America's Hispanic past not because we want to go back to it, but because we are sick of you assuming that all Latinos are immigrants. My family has been in New Mexico for seven generations. Bet I beat Lou Dobbs on that one.

Please stop sending e-mails saying things such as "All you Hispanics should go home." I, like most Hispanics you see every day, am home.

I am latino, but not an immigrant. And if you call me an alien I will ****ing kick your ass.

That is all.
    It's a great post and I agree everything you've said, but it desn't address the problem that is the heart of this debate. The problem is a group of criminals who are citizens of another country claiming they are entitled to rights and benefits granted by our country to its own citizens. Rights and benefits that are difficult enough to pay for. What does this country owe to a group of people that don't even respect the country enough to become a citizen legally?

The flag thing is not a big deal, unless you raise another country's flag above the American flag on a flag pole. At that point, you certainly are making a statement about your allegiance.

MLB ERA
    The Border Patrol arrested several men of Middle Eastern decent about three months ago a couple of which were in the international terrorist watch list. I'll try and find the link but it is well known that Hamas and Al qaeda are in Latin America.

It's not a matter of if but when.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    The Border Patrol arrested several men of Middle Eastern decent about three months ago a couple of which were in the international terrorist watch list. I'll try and find the link but it is well known that Hamas and Al qaeda are in Latin America.

It's not a matter of if but when.
    37 were arrested here on the Southern border recently...but did it make the National news?.....HELL NO !!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien

That is all.
    Is this your manifesto or is this just something you copied and pasted?

MLB ERA
    C&p

MLB ERA
    Latinos in Georgia?

Stop lying.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    37 were arrested here on the Southern border recently...but did it make the National news?.....HELL NO !!!

Remember the guy who got on a plane with a bomb built into his
    shoe and tried to light it?
    Did you know his trial is over?
    Did you know he was sentenced?
    Did you see/hear any of the judge's comments on TV/Radio?
    Didn't think so.
    Everyone should hear what the judge had to say.
    Ruling by Judge William Young, US District Court.
    Prior to sentencing, the Judge asked the defendant if he had
    anything to say.
    His response: After admitting his guilt to the court for the
    record, Reid also admitted his "allegiance to Osama bin Laden,
    to Islam, and to the religion of Allah," defiantly stated "I
    think I will not apologize for my actions," and told the court
    "I am at war with your country."

Judge Young then delivered the statement quoted below:
    January 30, 2003, United States vs. Reid. Judge Young:
    "Mr. Richard C. Reid, hearken now to the sentence the Court
    imposes upon you.
    On counts 1, 5 and 6 the Court sentences you to life in prison
    in the custody of the United States Attorney General. On counts
    2, 3, 4 and 7, the Court sentences you to 20 years in prison on
    each count, the sentence on each count to run consecutive with
    the other.
    That's 80 years. On count 8 the Court sentences you to the
    mandatory 30 years consecutive to the 80 years just imposed.
    The Court imposes upon you each of the eight counts a fine of
    $250,000 for the aggregate fine of $2 million. The Court
    accepts the government's recommendation with respect to
    restitution and orders restitution in the amount of $298.17 to
    Andre Bousquet and $5,784 to American Airlines. The Court
    imposes upon you the $800 special assessment.
    The Court imposes upon you five years supervised release simply
    because the law requires it. But the life sentences are real
    life sentences so I need go no further. This is the sentence
    that is provided for by our statutes. It is a fair and just
    sentence. It is a righteous sentence.
    Let me explain this to you. We are not afraid of you or any of
    your terrorist co-conspirators, Mr. Reid. We are Americans. We
    have been through the fire before. There is all too much war
    talk here and I say that to everyone with the utmost respect.
    Here in this court, we deal with individuals as individuals and
    care for individuals as individuals.
    As human beings, we reach out for justice.
    You are not an enemy combatant. You are a terrorist. You are
    not a soldier in any war. You are a terrorist. To give you that
    reference, to call you a soldier, gives you far too much
    stature. Whether it is the officers of government who do it or
    your attorney who does it, or if you think you are a soldier.
    You are not----- you are a terrorist. And we do not negotiate
    with terrorists. We do not meet with terrorists. We do not sign
    documents with terrorists. We hunt them down one by one and
    bring them to justice.
    So war talk is way out of line in this court. You are a big
    fellow. But you are not that big. You're no warrior. I've know
    warriors.
    You are a terrorist. A species of criminal that is guilty of
    multiple attempted murders. In a very real sense, State Trooper
    Santiago had it right when you first were taken off that plane
    and into custody, and you wondered where the press and where the
    TV crews were, and he said: "You're no big deal."
    You are no big deal.
    What your able counsel and what the equally able United States
    attorneys have grappled with and what I have as honestly as I
    know how tried to grapple with, is why you did something so
    horrific. What was it that led you here to this courtroom
    today?
    I have listened respectfully to what you have to say. And I ask
    you to search your heart and ask yourself what sort of
    unfathomable hate led you to do what you are guilty and admit
    you are guilty of doing. And I have an answer for you. It may
    not satisfy you, but as I search this entire record, it comes
    as close to understanding as I know.
    It seems to me you hate the one thing that to us is most
    precious.
    You hate our freedom. Our individual freedom. Our individual
    freedom to live as we choose, to come and go as we choose, to
    believe or not believe as we individually choose. Here, in this
    society, the very wind carries freedom. It carries it
    everywhere from sea to shining sea. It is because we prize
    individual freedom so much that you are here in this beautiful
    courtroom. So that everyone can see, truly see, that justice is
    administered fairly, individually, and discretely. It is for
    freedom's sake that your lawyers are striving so vigorously on
    your behalf and have filed appeals, will go on in their
    representation of you before other judges.
    We Americans are all about freedom. Because we all know that
    the way we treat you, Mr. Reid, is the measure of our own
    liberties. Make no mistake though. It is yet true that we will
    bare any burden; pay any price, to preserve our freedoms. Look
    around this courtroom. Mark it well. The world is not going to
    long remember what you or I say here.
    Day after tomorrow, it will be forgotten, but this, however,
    will long endure. Here in this courtroom and courtrooms all
    across America, the American people will gather to see that
    justice, individual justice, justice, not war, individual
    justice is in fact being done. The very President of the United
    States through his officers come into courtrooms and lay out
    evidence on which specific matters can be judged and juries of
    citizens will gather to sit and judge that evidences
    democratically, to mold and shape and refine our sense of
    justice.
    See that flag, Mr. Reid? That's the flag of the United States
    of America. That flag will fly there long after this is all
    forgotten. That flag stands for freedom. And it always will.
    Mr. Custody Officer. Stand him down."
    So, how much of this Judge's comments did we hear on our TV
    sets?

The answer lies in what the judge said. We wanted people to forget about him. If those words were played on TV, the mass media would've talked about it for weeks. Thats what the terroist would've wanted.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast