Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Rogers has lost it, attacks camerman

Kenny Rogers has lost it, attacks camerman

According to Randy Galloway, ESPN 103.3 Dallas Rogers went ape nuts today and physically attacked 2 cameramen for Channel 8 (ABC) and had to be dragged away by teammates.

Wow - time for this guy to be let go before he does anymore damage. He has totally worn out his time here....

Edit: - Supposedly Rogers has been suspended for a week. I'll post more as I hear details...

Wow - All of this was captured on film, can't wait until I get home to see it. Galloway has interviewed one of the camerman, police has been contacted, he's waiting at Bad Credit OK Park and is prepared to file assault charges against Rogers. Supposedly this happened outside on the field while going out for stretches.

...wow, just wow.

BTW - http://www.espn1033.com/listenlive.asp, Galloway's show (Until 6 pm CST).

AA ERA
    Yea I would say it's time to let him go. Defintely not worth having around.

That is crazy.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

You want irony? Yesterday Rogers went into a hissy fit when a reporter pressed for an interview, stormed off into a hallway and then there was a loud crash with crew people cleaning up broken glass and picking up a framed photo.

What was the photo? A signed photo of Nolan Ryan fighting Robin Ventura with the words "keep fighting."

BTW - The suspension hasn't happened, it was mentioned by Galloway, there's a video on Dallasnews.com but it shows the aftermath, I'm sure this will be on ESPN soon.

Camerman was taken off on a stretcher, he's had previous neck and back injuries, not sure if he's seriously hurt (Hope not) or if this is for effect. No matter what - he's just won the lottery, team will again be sued, Hicks will lose money and we'll have no financial flexibility!!

And remember all those times I said Hart has ran and hid when the heat was on...well, it's been over 3 hours - we've heard from Hicks and Buck...where oh where is the empty golf shirt?

Dallas radio is really laying it on Rogers, they're saying he needs to be either behind bars or off the team. BTW - Rogers is not at the stadium, he was sent home.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

=cameramen and
    =empty golf shirt

Btw, how did you come up with the term "empty golf shirt?"

A week? ALL HE GETS IS A WEEK? HE ATTACKED A CAMERAMAN!!!

Way to kill your trade value, the value to your team, and your future FA value. Tool.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk

=cameramen and
    =empty golf shirt

Btw, how did you come up with the term "empty golf shirt?"

Video link on this page (Pic came from here as well): http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3728174

Empty golf shirt:

EGS came from Galloway, it's his reference to Hart being paid $2 million to stay on the golf course and out of Buck's way as he runs the team.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Maybe the cameraman was a total jerkoff to him, who knows. I hate those Media mofo's. If I ever did anything newsworthy, I'd tell them all to go f*** themselves......kinda like Barry Bonds does.....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    F***in hilarious!...errrr....shameful

Kenny can't whistle for crap.

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Maybe the cameraman was a total jerkoff to him, who knows. I hate those Media mofo's. If I ever did anything newsworthy, I'd tell them all to go f*** themselves......kinda like Barry Bonds does.....
    Doesn't matter what the cameraman did (And witnesses have said he didn't do anything), while Rogers was in his own right to tell a cameraman what he can do to themself, when he got physical he made a criminal act, he didn't cross the line - he jumped over it.

Even worse, he came back and pulled the same stunt again, then went after photographers for different stations before being led away.

And the EGS made a statement last night - only thing he mentioned of interest was that he at first mentioned Rogers probably wouldn't be suspended, then when pressed said he can't say for sure. Sounds like the management is hoping to sweep this one under the rug......

MLB ERA
    I watched the video on our news yesterday. Good point RDR, I would tell them that too.

MLB ERA
    It's not that easy to throw away an entire season so dramatically. Way to go, Kenny.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Yes, I agree - it's the media's fault

Nevermind the 6'1" dude pulled a stunt on a 5'8" guy not once, but twice then kicked the camera. Yup - media sure dragged him into this mess. In all fairness you're not alone, Mahay even tried to spin it by saying Rogers was being polite when he asked them to move the cameras. Considering his actions over the past week patience/kindness was not something Rogers had.

Anyways - back to updates, Rangers have been informed by MLB that this issue will be handled by the commissioner and that the club will have to step aside in this issue. Hart has stated that Rogers will be traveling with the club to Seattle and they assume he'll have his normal start...while this is good to show you're willing to stand up for your guy locally this is very risky. Hicks & Hart are not popular here, this could make it worse.

Also a rumor has been circulating that Rogers' last missed start was a ploy to avoid pitching against Anaheim (And then Boston) in order to get starts in Seattle and Toronto, thus giving him a chance to keep his ERA down and keep his value high. If true then this guy has truly lost it....

BTW - Galloway show is good today, if you're not streaming you're missing out....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast