Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogers wants $12.5 million a year

Rogers wants $12.5 million a year

per Reeves, Ft. Worth Star Telegram - Gambler wants 2 years $25 million

If that's the case, then enjoy your stay elsewhere...for the first time we hold the cards, you have no no trade clause, no 5/10 revolking rights and we can offer arbitration and grab 2 picks when you sign elsewhere next year.

Rogers left Texas in 95/96 to go to the Yanks because he wanted to win a World Series (Geez, I remember everyone, myself included, laughed when he made that comment - we thought he just made his odds worse by going to the Yanks), he left in 01 because he thought the Rangers' offer was a joke and his agent made the laughable quote that the Rangers 2 years $10 million offer was "malpractice".

Oooooh can't wait to hear what his diva act will be this year, Hart played hardball with Rogers/Boras in 01 and didn't like Fuson's dealings with him in 03. No doubt this one will end with both sides not inviting the other for Thanksgiving dinner.

Rogers is just too little too late for that much. He has to prove that his great start is really due to his new pitch and that it will be permanent like Clemens instead of temporary like Loaiza in 2003.

Hope he has fun whereever he goes, just hope not to the Sox.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    that's a little much for a 40 year old pitcher, but then again he wants what the other old timers have

MLB ERA
    I want 12.5 million a year too. Kenny Rogers and I both have about the same chance of getting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AA ERA
    Kenny Rogers is not worth it.

He has been a good influence to the team and he has been a horse these last two years, but he is not worth the money. I heard on the SportsSay blog that rumors are to why Kenny is missing this start is because of contract issues. I hope that is false innuendo.

Derek Lowe wanted 12 million after his amazing 2004 season.

Didn't Rogers break his hand throwing down the water cooler after being taken out.

AA ERA
    Rogers broke his non-throwing hand though.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Derek Lowe wanted 12 million after his amazing 2004 season
    uhhh, I hope your being sarcastic because other than the playoffs, he sucked last year...14-12 with an ERA close to 5.50!

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NA...955&statType=2

Steak: Brown broke his non-throwing hand and he was out for a while

Providence: I'm not kidding, and yeah, he did suck, but his agent said he wanted 12 million per for 4 years.

MLB ERA
    I meant being sarcastic about "his amazing 2004"

AA ERA
    HAHAH He's out of his mind. How much is he getting this year? I remeber some controversy about him going into this year and if they would bring him back or not.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Yeah, it was complete sarcasm on my part.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Give the Twins Rogers back! I would love to deal Radke for him. Rogers can still pitch he may not be worth all the money he is after but 8-10 I could see someone giving him. Freaking Radke mr homer ball is getting 9 million per.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    mntwinsfan: Kenny Rogers is not coming to the Twins. Patrick Reusse, the columnist for the Star-Tribune, once mentioned that Rogers was upset about being bypass in the rotation in the playoffs couple of years ago. Texas is going to want a younger starter like a Liriano, Baker, or Perkins.

aweful - Rogers is making $3 million this year, he signed a 2 year deal in 04 for $6 million. Supposedly Hart was miffed that Fuson caved in and gave him the extra year.

Per Kevin Sherrington, Dallas Morning News

"Get this: Before the game he didn't pitch Tuesday, Rogers told cameramen to back off, warned a reporter never to come near him again and then stormed down a clubhouse hallway, from which came a resounding crash.

Next thing you know, clubhouse guys are sweeping up glass and carrying off a framed and fractured photo."

I'm assuming it was Steve Dennis as he was on Randy Galloway's show yesterday ripping Rogers over his preference to talk only to Evan Grant. Dennis had mentioned he was giong to confront Rogers and ask him about the supposed rumor that he was skipping this start because 1) He's afraid to hurt his ERA and in essence, his market value, 2) Because his next scheduled start would be in Seattle against a lineup not as potent as the Angels and in a pitcher friendly park (So friendly it makes Chan Ho look good) as opposed to Bad Credit OK park.

I don't think Dennis will be on Galloway's show today, Chuck Cooperstein mentioned yesterday he'll be doing the show today (So I'm wondering if Galloway is taking a day off). BTW - Cooperstein was ripping Hicks yesterday for being cheap during the offseason noting that the following teams have a higher payroll than the Rangers: Twins, A's and Reds, each play in a smaller market than Dallas/Ft. Worth (And he noted that if you take away Chan Ho's contract it's in the bottom third...geez, didn't a certain poster on the old mlbforum board mention this a while back??) Of all the Dallas radio guys Coop is the most knowledgeable, not to mention violateble (It's in his blood, he's from Philly). You can listen to Galloway's show (I'd reccomend it as he's constantly ripping Hicks, nicknamed "loveable owner", Hart "Empty Golf Shirt"). Streaming Link: 3pm - 6pm CST

Rogers had a superb first half in 2004 before running out of gas and posting an era near 6.60. I'm assuming this on Rogers' mind as he nears towards what will be his final contract, it's sad because Rogers was the "judge" in the Rangers' Kangaroo court used last year to get the youngsters to avoid mental mistakes and their act with the media (If they counted errors I guess Soriano then got the chair). Back to the point - it's sad when the judge gives order yet when it comes to him he pulls a diva act (While I like A-Rod, he was a diva here, same with Juan Gonzalez, Rafael Palmerio and until recently Chan Ho). Rogers has been venting all off-season, only talking to Grant (Oddly enough, a day after he broke the bone in his pinky finger) to let it be known public that any deals will have to be done with Boras and that there will be "no hometown discounts". Apparently the Gambler's memory has faded because Pudge Rodriguez pulled the same act and look what happened.

Rogers has no no trade clause, yet had a gentlemen's agreement with Hicks that he would not be traded without his consent. Since Rogers freaked out when his threat to retire if he didn't get a multi-year deal became public, I can imagine how banannas he's going to get now. He's already rubbing teammates the wrong way, this could get ugly...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast